CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

glitch?

The maths behind the way that damage dealt & damage resistance modifiers interacted was a bit wonky in Reach (and possibly H4; I can't remember) which allowed you to set the values to the same percentage yet have the outcome still be changed. For example: instead of 110% dmg and 110% res cancelling each other out you somehow end up with a very slight modification to the overall damage table.

A bit weird, but kind of interesting to play around with.

The more i think about it, the more i want to try running around with a 4sk magnum that still has roughly the same perfect ttk and still 7 body shots to kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

glitch?

yeah glitch is probably the wrong word, it's more of a rounding error. Let's you get a 4sk DMR without breaking the sandbox.

I can't wait to watch one of my favourite franchises die when they announce Halo 6 with sprint...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Damn, we almost made it a week without posting in this thread! It was almost as dead as Halo 5 itself. 

Oh damn didn't even realise, haven't been here in a while myself, used to browse nearly every day and signed up day 1 iirc. Got a gaming PC recently so haven't even played Xbox or Halo in a couple months, PC makes it much easier to get over Halo but it's still going to hurt my soul when I see sprint in Halo 6 at E3 2018... :|

• Upvote (+1) 1

H6 will flop because of sprint and abilities and that’s a fact.

Idk why we can’t just have sprint for btb,warzone, and customs. Sprint worked the best for btb in reach(best halo btb by the way) and h4. BUT sprint doesn’t work at all!, when it comes to 4v4 map design it’s horrible(dog shit level). But then some fuckers are like “but people won’t like transitioning to one btb from 4s since they’ll be like “forgot I can’t sprint” and I say deal with it motherfucker learn to multitask. We mlg tryhards(let’s face it that’s what we are) did it in reach playing v7. The btb kids are the ones who WANT sprint in halo and I say keep sprint but for btb and warzone ONLY and obviously custom games. But we have clearly seen 4v4 works better with no sprint. Many btb maps in h2 and h3 and h1 be better with sprint.(though h5 unlimited sprint I’m not a fan of so let’s return to h4 or reach style sprint limitations). Sure we had some decent maps in btb that worked great for no sprint, but they’d of been better with it. But we know damn well a map like pit could never work with sprint and pitfall h4 was the PROOF!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Thanks to these platinum REQ packs I finally got the H2 BR and I'm only level 73. Seems like most people don't get it until 100+ from what I've heard.

Idk why we can’t just have sprint for btb,warzone, and customs. Sprint worked the best for btb in reach(best halo btb by the way) and h4. BUT sprint doesn’t work at all!, when it comes to 4v4 map design it’s horrible(dog shit level). But then some fuckers are like “but people won’t like transitioning to one btb from 4s since they’ll be like “forgot I can’t sprint” and I say deal with it motherfucker learn to multitask. We mlg tryhards(let’s face it that’s what we are) did it in reach playing v7. The btb kids are the ones who WANT sprint in halo and I say keep sprint but for btb and warzone ONLY and obviously custom games. But we have clearly seen 4v4 works better with no sprint. Many btb maps in h2 and h3 and h1 be better with sprint.(though h5 unlimited sprint I’m not a fan of so let’s return to h4 or reach style sprint limitations). Sure we had some decent maps in btb that worked great for no sprint, but they’d of been better with it. But we know damn well a map like pit could never work with sprint and pitfall h4 was the PROOF!

Okay then. Do you balance weapons around sprint or non sprint gameplay? We sure as hell aren't going to have multiple different weapon balance settings in Halo 6 if Sprint is in BTB/WZ only after seeing how much 343 struggled to start balancing Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don’t even think people ACTUALLY want sprint (ie moving a bit w/o the ability to shoot). People just want to feel like they are moving quickly- and have settled for Sprint because that’s the solution they’ve been presented with and have grown accustomed to.

This is why when people push back against removing sprint they say shit like “why do you want to move slow like H3?”.

The best solution would be to remove sprint, but make it FEEL like you are moving fast at all times- something that was never quite achieved in previous halos thanks largely to claustrophobic FOV.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I feel like a solution would be no sprint, but you just increase the base move speed. I actually dont mind ADS either, but get rid of all the other spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like a solution would be no sprint, but you just increase the base move speed. I actually dont mind ADS either, but get rid of all the other spartan abilities.

ADS confuses me because after all the Lore/MP tie ins 343 have been doing, Smart Scope is a technological step back from what was previously used in other games. In Halo CE-4 the scope was directly linked to the HUD, but in Halo 5 the guns have sights on them now and aren't directly integrated into the helmet.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Increase bms or just increase FoV and make maps normal sized.

Also, let's not let the Haste powerup idea die. +30% movement speed, fire rate, reload speed, shield Regen for 40 seconds that way people still have the ability to feel like they are on speed occasionally and it could actually be a good addition to the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn, we almost made it a week without posting in this thread! It was almost as dead as Halo 5 itself.

This begs the interesting question of how halo 5 stays relevant now that worlds is over. The free H5 weekends certainly don't do a whole lot.

ADS confuses me because after all the Lore/MP tie ins 343 have been doing, Smart Scope is a technological step back from what was previously used in other games. In Halo CE-4 the scope was directly linked to the HUD, but in Halo 5 the guns have sights on them now and aren't directly integrated into the helmet.

Obligatory RbByEB8.gif

The whole point of Smart-link (in the lore since CE) is that it removes the need to Aim Down Sights.

The fact that they built ADS, but call in Smart-Link is unfathomable. I can’t believe no one stepped in and said, “not only does this make no sense, but there’s no benefit to gameplay benefit blocking half the screen”

• Upvote (+1) 9

The leak is weaksauce.

nothing from it means anything. i want something juicy. the only thing unexpected is a new engine but like... it doesnt matter. 

btw BMS is fine. an increase to fov will make everyone go faster relative to your perception/aiming. The only thing that needs to be touched is strafe acceleration. if they made halo 3 fov's 90 and made the acceleration 1 frame = max speed, you'd be one slippery spartan to hit even at 100% BMS. 110% was only needed because the fov was 55 then 70 when on monitors. It's hard to miss when spartans take up 1/5th of your screen on 55 fov. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo CE came out in 2001. Halo 3 came out in 2007. Thats 6 years.

Halo 3 came out 11 years ago. We have now been waiting for a new classic Halo game for over half of Halo's existence. What the flying fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 3 came out 11 years ago. We have now been waiting for a new classic Halo game for over half of Halo's existence. What the flying fuck.

I really needed this perspective to cheer me up, thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah man, we got the Master Chief Collection. It's Halo exactly like you remember it.