CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There's a couple of things. There are many people stuck in their ways. They enjoy playing the same 5 maps over and over because they have come to love them. Also some people only get to play at 2 lans a year, so they want to get in the games they want, not play around on the new ones. And like you said, it's not fun playing on the new maps when you and ur teammate know nothing and the other team just seems like they're gimmicking their way to victory.

New maps grow popular in groups where people lan every single week. They play the new ones to spice things up.

Jesus, are those the melee hitboxes on NHE or on Xlan?

It's from @@Hard Way's Halo CE Basics Guide Part 2 video where he breaks down the melee and grenade mechanics.

https://youtu.be/hzItnzPb-mk?t=2m18s

Edit: The melee hitboxes are the same on NHE and XLAN. The melee hitboxes look a bit unatural from 3rd person because of the way Hard Way recorded the video.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They're all the same. there is no discrepancy in hits on CE because of the lack of netcode optimization. You know how you can die behind a wall on the later halos? That can't happen on CE because you are seeing the host's screen essentially, not your own screen. So you're getting the game however many milliseconds delayed already.

It's kinda less frustrating in a way because you will never see a bullet go through a guy's head and not kill him on CE. or die to a headshot behind a wall.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would say Damnations balance rests on an EXTREMELY delicate fulcrum that is saved not even by the geo but the weapons and their placement. Absolutely a case of being saved by the weapons.

CoughPenancecough

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cousin convinced me to play the H3 throwback playlist. Let me just go on record to say High Ground is the absolute worst map remake that has ever been made. What kind of clown doesn't realize the spawns do not work and put it into the playlist. I feel like I'm in a H3 forge lobby with like 3 spawn points on the floor and we're kinda just spawning in stupid places with boxes around us lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cousin convinced me to play the H3 throwback playlist. Let me just go on record to say High Ground is the absolute worst map remake that has ever been made. What kind of clown doesn't realize the spawns do not work and put it into the playlist. I feel like I'm in a H3 forge lobby with like 3 spawn points on the floor and we're kinda just spawning in stupid places with boxes around us lol

What's wrong with spawing under OS and getting spawnkilled 5 times in a row?

If we're being honest.... the spawns in og H3 weren't much better. 

Other than the fact that it existed in the beta so people have pre-built nostalgia for it on release day, i never understood why that map was popular

Other than the fact that it existed in the beta so people have pre-built nostalgia for it on release day, i never understood why that map was popular

High ground is only good for 1-bomb assault... which isn’t in H5. What gametype do are they using for this playlist.

What's wrong with spawing under OS and getting spawnkilled 5 times in a row?

My favorite is on Oddball when beach team gets a perfect wipe at the beginning of the game, grabs ball and pulls it back off the front of the bunker, and they fucking spawn at bottom grav lift.

All the turn based assymettrical gametypes were pretty damn fun on it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 Flag and 1 Bomb were great, the dynamic the gate and the grav lifted add made it pretty unique. Of course 343 removed both those gametypes and even if we had them, the Fagnum and the shittiness of Assault in this game would completely wreck this anyways.

It bothers me that the gate is closed in Slayer and Ball. My opening rush for 3 years was to mongoose to the rockets.

It bothers me that the gate is closed in Slayer and Ball. My opening rush for 3 years was to mongoose to the rockets.

FYI you can open it. there is a switch i think in the same spot as halo 3. There is a also a switch for a grav lift at the base of the tower that turns the vent on

There is a also a switch for a grav lift at the base of the tower that turns the vent on

no way thats dope

FYI you can open it. there is a switch i think in the same spot as halo 3. There is a also a switch for a grav lift at the base of the tower that turns the vent on

Yeah I know but it cocks up my opening rush. I used to have rockets in hand and ready to kill snipe if he pushed up the hall. Now my only play is to bait them or get camo first.

no way thats dope

First time i seen it i was running through cave towards the tower thinking to myself "this maps going to play weird without the grav lift thing" then i seen the button and was like "oh shit!" i lifted up and picked up spartan laser just to die with it because I didn't know that it took 15 minutes just to get one charge out of it 

Yeah I know but it cocks up my opening rush. I used to have rockets in hand and ready to kill snipe if he pushed up the hall. Now my only play is to bait them or get camo first.

I realized what you were saying after i had posted it but decided to let it ride just in case

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the turn based assymettrical gametypes were pretty damn fun on it.

which, surprise surprise, was exactly what bungie designed it for. Why it ended up in slayer I'll never know.

Finally got around to installing Halo 5, decided to play H3 Throwback. Fucking walking around feels like I'm just a hulking turtle walking around. And I'm not even talking about it's just cause it's the walking speed. It literally feels like Spartans don't know how to walk correctly in this game. It feels janky and unnatural.

I feel like my Spartan is always holding a turd between his cheeks when he's walking around.

I feel like my Spartan should be able to fly because he's actually half-avian so it makes sense.

I feel as if four-legged horse people should be allowed to become Spartans since they can clamber twice as fast (4 legs duh).

I feel as if Halo's lore is actually centered around the story and identity issues associated with "Car", who was inappropriately named "Warthog" by the UNSC fascists.

I feel...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally got around to installing Halo 5, decided to play H3 Throwback. Fucking walking around feels like I'm just a hulking turtle walking around. And I'm not even talking about it's just cause it's the walking speed. It literally feels like Spartans don't know how to walk correctly in this game. It feels janky and unnatural.

Walking in Halo in 2018, lol.

:mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Josh Holmes new project is Scavengers, meant to be a spiritual successor to Warzone.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/3/13/17111120/scavengers-midwinter-halo-5-warzone-josh-holmes-spatialos-improbable

Tbh I'm happy for the guy. Feature-crawl games like Halo are a horrible place to try this kind of scale and we saw it firsthand with how meh Warzone felt in the long run.

Also, he hints again at what others here have been saying for awhile... Pipelines and Management seem to be the Achilles heel of 343i, let alone most of Triple A companies.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Josh Holmes new project is Scavengers, meant to be a spiritual successor to Warzone.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/3/13/17111120/scavengers-midwinter-halo-5-warzone-josh-holmes-spatialos-improbable

Tbh I'm happy for the guy. Feature-crawl games like Halo are a horrible place to try this kind of scale and we saw it firsthand with how meh Warzone felt in the long run.

Also, he hints again at what others here have been saying for awhile... Pipelines and Management seem to be the Achilles heel of 343i, let alone most of Triple A companies.

No comment on the game itself because this video seemed super premature to release, IMO. Seemed like a Spatial OS and Midwinter advertisement.

Game looks interesting so I'll keep my eye on it but, yeah... Holmes definitely putting the politics of the gaming industry on blast, and I like that.

No comment on the game itself because this video seemed super premature to release, IMO. Seemed like a Spatial OS and Midwinter advertisement.

Game looks interesting so I'll keep my eye on it but, yeah... Holmes definitely putting the politics of the gaming industry on blast, and I like that.

I like Josh.  I do not think he was a good fit to lead halo unfortunately, but on an independent endeavor i'll give it a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 2