CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I hardly care about the weapon tuning.  I want oddball to be right

• Upvote (+1) 2

Storm Rifle feels the same tbh...

They literally changed everything except the one thing people were complaining about and that was the kill times.

Reduced aim assist - Most people only use it in close quarters so it's not gonna be hard to miss anyway.

Uses the battery faster - Don't they spawn every 30-45 seconds?

Longer overheat - That's great except for the fact that it's simple to bypass the overheat feature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hardly care about the weapon tuning. I want oddball to be right

They adjsted the spawn influence of the Oddball in the previous patch IIRC. Not sure if that means Oddball is actually playable now, as I haven't played it.

They adjsted the spawn influence of the Oddball in the previous patch IIRC. Not sure if that means Oddball is actually playable now, as I haven't played it.

Nah, its part of this patch

- Added a negative spawn influencer to the Oddball object, which acts to greatly reduce the chances of players spawning near the Oddball

I think in the past they have just tried to mess with the spawn locations themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, its part of this patch

I think in the past they have just tried to mess with the spawn locations themselves.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

np, thats why im probably more excited for this patch than i should be... oddball was always my favorite gametype.  Oddball, Flag and Tour de' Walsh's all day.

I have yet to play Oddball in the throwback playlist.  It's all I have wanted.  Yet, alas, I get Slayer on Epitaph and Snowbound no problem.  FML

I have yet to play Oddball in the throwback playlist.  It's all I have wanted.  Yet, alas, I get Slayer on Epitaph and Snowbound no problem.  FML

Oddball on Construct is more fun than it has any right to be. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oddball on Construct is more fun than it has any right to be. 

Wish I knew the feels.  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 1

np, thats why im probably more excited for this patch than i should be... oddball was always my favorite gametype.  Oddball, Flag and Tour de' Walsh's all day.

Hopefully the next HCS season includes Oddball if this patch indeed fixes it, unfortunately I'm betting 343 will have their reservations about it after the backlash the first time.

I desperately need something refreshing to watch in H5.

Hopefully the next HCS season includes Oddball if this patch indeed fixes it, unfortunately I'm betting 343 will have their reservations about it after the backlash the first time.

We desperately need something refreshing to watch in H5.

a real aiming system
  • Upvote (+1) 4

We desperately need something refreshing to watch in H5.

I think there is no way that it won't be included.  It was almost included in the broken state it was before.  

The main complaint seemed to be that the ball wasn't influencing spawns the way it should, so hopefully now...

I think there is no way that it won't be included.  It was almost included in the broken state it was before.  

The main complaint seemed to be that the ball wasn't influencing spawns the way it should, so hopefully now...

Sigh, another Halo title doomed to reach its best competitive state at the end of its life cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most of the LAN community seems to dislike playing any of the new maps. Certain groups are more open to a few of them. Even downrush which is a mostly favored map gets constant complaints. With training mode at least people are figuring out the meta faster but I wish they were played more often.

That's crazy to me. The only thing I can think of is that, since they are not widely available, most players have no experience on them (myself included) and feel at a disadvantage. While that's true, it's a new map in CE! How could you not want to play on it a bunch? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now that Black Ops 4 launches on October 12th, and Red Dead 2 on October 26, are we looking at a September/November release for spin off Halo game this year  :thinking:

That's crazy to me. The only thing I can think of is that, since they are not widely available, most players have no experience on them (myself included) and feel at a disadvantage. While that's true, it's a new map in CE! How could you not want to play on it a bunch?

Seems like it comes down to a few things. The game plays best when all 4 people are knowledgeable of the meta. Few people have put in the time to learn the new maps even to get the basics down let alone the meta. To be fair some maps are certainly a lot better than others but people just didn't want to spend 10 years figuring out the new stuff. Now that training mode exists, im not sure what the problem is.

I felt like a kid again when we played the new maps. We played like 7 in a row that I never played on. Felt like a true sequel

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny how good marketing can build hype.  Remember to always hunt for the truth. 

oof owie my feels

Now that Black Ops 4 launches on October 12th, and Red Dead 2 on October 26, are we looking at a September/November release for spin off Halo game this year :thinking:

i think Halo needs to forget about the Fall. they don't have the mindshare to make a splash during this time of the year. if mainline halo can't do it, a spinoff definitely can't.

i think Halo needs to forget about the Fall. they don't have the mindshare to make a splash during this time of the year. if mainline halo can't do it, a spinoff definitely can't.

#March 2019

Throwback is the most fun I've had in H5 since my evolved days.  Still a loads of room for improvement but it is refreshing.  Here's 1:17 vidya to celebrate

Throwback is the most fun I've had in H5 since my evolved days.  Still a loads of room for improvement but it is refreshing.  Here's 1:17 vidya to celebrate

At 1:06, that snipe shot isn't even close to hitting him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At 1:06, that snipe shot isn't even close to hitting him.

Like I said, they have a long way to go. 

Like I said, they have a long way to go. 

I think he's not criticising you, but making fun of 343's definition of a "skill based marksman weapon".

• Upvote (+1) 2