CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No way lmao. I don't get why that one single aspect has so much weight to people. This classic playlist feels like the most dumbed down version of halo I've ever played.

Then there's the issue of every game ending with like 25 power weapon kills minimum. You know, the thing people complain about in normal arena but 10x worse cuz increased ammo and 90 movement. I wanted to enjoy the list and play it for fun sometimes but it's just so bad.

To me, It’s just more fun to play this way. It’s just liberating to be able to traverse a route and cover yourself without being at a movement disadvantage. Platforming also feels better when you don’t have to sprint/clamber. I don’t care about the number of powerweapon kills- I understand that I’m not playing a competitive playlist, I’m just hopping in for some fun- which is something I haven’t gotten out default in a long time.

To me, It’s just more fun to play this way. It’s just liberating to be able to traverse a route and cover yourself without being at a movement disadvantage. Platforming also feels better when you don’t have to sprint/clamber. I don’t care about the number of powerweapon kills- I understand that I’m not playing a competitive playlist, I’m just hopping in for some fun- which is something I haven’t gotten out default in a long time.

I kinda figured this out during the last H3 throwback playlist and instead of waiting for it to happen again I kind of just never turned on H5 again and now I just hop on MCC. Its seriously just better than H5.

H5 could've been good but its 2018 and 343 does nothing if not act at a glacial pace. It'll obviously never be acceptable to me at the rate they've been going so I just did the only logical thing. I quit playing. Seriously take a break and play MCC for a week or two. Come back and realize that it really is worse than you acknowledged before even if you didn't like it. Its so clunky and just awkward. Aiming is trash etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kinda figured this out during the last H3 throwback playlist and instead of waiting for it to happen again I kind of just never turned on H5 again and now I just hop on MCC. Its seriously just better than H5.

H5 could've been good but its 2018 and 343 does nothing if not act at a glacial pace. It'll obviously never be acceptable to me at the rate they've been going so I just did the only logical thing. I quit playing. Seriously take a break and play MCC for a week or two. Come back and realize that it really is worse than you acknowledged before even if you didn't like it. Its so clunky and just awkward. Aiming is trash etc

Yeah I play MCC and enjoy it much more than H5. My only problems there are MM times and people’s voting habits.

Pretty sure most of us are expecting Battle Royale so that we won't be disappointed when its confirmed, but will be pleasantly suprised if it isn't.

You can't hope for the best with 343 without disappointing yourself, or thats what the last 6 years has taught me when it comes to 343 Halo.

Just saw my first youtube video about this today. The guy was asking for a F2P Battle Royale Halo game to release along with Halo 6, and yeah, it's the safest business decision 343/MS can make right now with Halo. It's going to sell quite well initially and it will make some much needed $$$ for the Xbox brand by releasing along with another mainline Halo title and also appealing to popular trends.

Then... Fortnite 2/Overwatch 2 is going to come out exactly 1 year later and completely demolish this Halo game and it will present a minimized version of what's been happening to the franchise for the past 6 years, hopefully this time in a way that's clear enough for 343 to absorb. Idk, maybe they make worthwhile changes to H6 after that.

But it won't be because they copied the genre. I don't think it has ever fully been about the sole fact that another game was copied. Bungie in their prime would have made a killer PUBG/Overwatch clone that still captured the narrative tone and aesthetic of Halo, and I'm certain this is the only reason anyone thinks to ask for it from 343.

It will only be because 343 can't make Battle Royale feel like Halo. They've yet to make Slayer feel like Halo.

Played some more of the H3 playlist, and I may be crazy, but moving laterally seemed faster to me? The forward walk speed still felt slow as the first day, but strafe battles felt snappier and more enjoyable.

At this point I really wish Halo's identity was more akin to a fast paced arena shooter with fast base movement, slight projectile to weapons, crouch during movement, etc. Playing default HCS, then the throwback playlist, then back to default H5 is a wide spectrum of settings, but it's jarring to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I too remember getting JIPed into unwinnable games on the reg in H3.

Nice to see the spawns are still shit in the H3 playlist. I thought that would be something they worked on after the first implementation of it.

Nice to see the spawns are still shit in the H3 playlist. I thought that would be something they worked on after the first implementation of it.

Just play High Ground ball and tell me with a straight face that they play tested this even once.

A lot of kids with mics talking shit in throwback. Looks like classic Halo may actually be making a return hahaha

inb4 343 makes new poll.

"All Halo fans who have not left the franchise by now, would you rather play Halo 5 or Halo 3?"

Halo 5: 89%

Halo 3: 11%

343: "As you can see, only 11% of fans prefer Halo 3. We respect all of our fans but it's clear what the majority wants."

I laughed, but then I cried.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You know, if the BR had it's recoil removed, I might actually enjoy the H3T playlist. But instead, we're left with a gun that punishes us for aiming at the head.

God damn H5's sandbox is atrocious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

inb4 343 makes new poll.

"All Halo fans who have not left the franchise by now, would you rather play Halo 5 or Halo 3?"

Halo 5: 89%

Halo 3: 11%

343: "As you can see, only 11% of fans prefer Halo 3. We respect all of our fans but it's clear what the majority wants."

11%

Well played my good man *raises glass*

You know, if the BR had it's recoil removed, I might actually enjoy the H3T playlist. But instead, we're left with a gun that punishes us for aiming at the head.

God damn H5's sandbox is atrocious.

H3 did the same thing with spread. If you aimed for the head you were doing it wrong. In both games, your best bet is Chest Chest Chest Collarbone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, I haven't played close to a year now, but I've been wanting to try again. Should I?

So, I haven't played close to a year now, but I've been wanting to try again. Should I?

I say wait till Halo 6. Surely it'll be perfect, since 343 learns from all their past mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I say wait till Halo 6. Surely it'll be perfect, since 343 learns from all their past mistakes.

jJlvH7B.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

iyNwsb7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iyNwsb7.jpg

got curious and put this together based on menkes playlist popularly lists

Doesn't serve any purpose to slap Halo 3 Throwback at 6th place in terms of popularity considering it has had one data point to determine it's average placing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't serve any purpose to slap Halo 3 Throwback at 6th place in terms of popularity considering it has had one data point to determine it's average placing.

#Propaganda

Hopefully it will get a couple tweaks and stay up for a while if not become permanent.  If i were a betting man, its popularity woudl stay up there.

343 are the kind of people who will run two weeks of Warzone exclusive daily gold pack giveaways to then turn around and say "sadly the H3 playlist did not meet our popularity standards".

• Upvote (+1) 3

i didn't realize i had to explain to everyone that it's only been ranked for one week  :kappa:

i figured the graphic was pretty self explanatory

• Upvote (+1) 3

i didn't realize i had to explain to everyone that it's only been ranked for one week  :kappa:

i figured the graphic was pretty self explanatory

DpQ9YJl.png

• Upvote (+1) 2