CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Forgot to mention how much better this experience would be if it was on PC

I mean...

• Upvote (+1) 6

What does that obvious fact that applies to literally any FPS game have to do with this playlist specifically?

I am the dataminer and yes, I saw it all.

Anything other than a higher playercount point to BR.

Battlefield has high player counts, MAG had high playercounts.

MAG wasn't last man standing and it was also a POS that played at a cinematic 12 FPS.

The strafe would actually be really good if the BMS wasn’t reduced. The actual strafe acceleration is higher than default.

I’m grateful for the static timers on everything.

I haven’t seen Oddball on Highground yet, or anything even close to that awful.

The maps are all well made and I haven’t noticed many performance issues. I’m really glad they added Construct and Narrows, and I’m one of the few that enjoys Assembly as well.

Some of the gametypes play better on this than they did in H3, like Oddball on Ghost Town. No bubble shield and good shot registration have made that an enjoyable gametype.

But now for the bad.

There is no fucking reason why we should be using default nades. That should have been fixed, especially on the second go-round of this playlist.

Epitaph. Why. I would legit rather play Foundry. Oh wait, that’s here too. Meanwhile The Pit is MIA.

No flag at home to score and long return times is fucking dumb and there’s no reason for it.

Why am I spawning on the 50 more often than not in CTF? Not only is it disorienting, but I’m being rewarded for dying in some cases, particularly when they are close to scoring.

Where is King of the Hill? It’s a selectable, default gametype. Just add it.

Overall I’m happy with the playlist and plan to play it a lot, and it is a lot better this time around, but it could and should be significantly better than it is. Settings like the ones in this playlist make me feel like there’s a job for me in game development, just to act as a bullshit filter so the game can put its best foot forward.

• Upvote (+1) 4

oof. Have you played Halo 5 Forge on PC? The aiming is FUCKING WORSE with the Mouse than it is with a controller on Xbox.

Like, they fucked it even hard than Halo 5 Console launch.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THE AIMING IN A GOD DAMN FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, IN 2017, WHEN PEOPLE HAVE MAKING FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS FOR NEARLY 3 DECADES

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THE AIMING IN TWO RELEASES OF THE SAME GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 4

MAG wasn't last man standing and it was also a POS that played at a cinematic 12 FPS.

Was “last man standing” datamined? Or was it just high player counts?

@Hardway

There is no fucking reason why we should be using default nades. That should have been fixed, especially on the second go-round of this playlist.

I’m think they mentioned back during the tuning tests, that they couldn’t have 2 grenade tunings in the game.

@Hardway

I’m think they mentioned back during the tuning tests, that they couldn’t have 2 grenade tunings in the game.

Til yesterday, there are custom game options for nade damage and radius so they can change that. They just can't change damage falloff curve.

Til yesterday, there are custom game options for nade damage and radius so they can change that. They just can't change damage falloff curve.

Oh wow, makes no sense to have this issue the ...

oof. Have you played Halo 5 Forge on PC? The aiming is FUCKING WORSE with the Mouse than it is with a controller on Xbox.

Like, they fucked it even hard than Halo 5 Console launch.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THE AIMING IN A GOD DAMN FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, IN 2017, WHEN PEOPLE HAVE MAKING FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS FOR NEARLY 3 DECADES

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP THE AIMING IN TWO RELEASES OF THE SAME GAME.

Yeah, but aiming with a CONTROLLER is better on PC than on console. Haha checkmate console gaming.

Seriously, though. The mouse control is atrocious. What the hell did they do?

@Hardway

How? It’s just a custom game option. How can they change BMS and strafe accel but can’t change nade radius?

How? It’s just a custom game option. How can they change BMS and strafe accel but can’t change nade radius?

Nade damage and radius can be edited, it never went away.

Nobody bothered to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@Hardway

90 gigs well spent!

Matchmaking in H3T is the same as BTB. The more you play and the more success you have, the more inept your teammates will be.

Also, Ball on High Ground is still a thing, and it's still dick cancer. Narrows ball is pretty bad too. Take the ball to back stage and throw it off when you get in trouble. That's the beginning, middle and end of the meta for that gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, but aiming with a CONTROLLER is better on PC than on console. Haha checkmate console gaming.

Seriously, though. The mouse control is atrocious. What the hell did they do?

It feels like instead of just taking the X,Y input from the mouse and using that directly, they took that input, then fed it through the algorithm that is used for translating controller input making it muddy and laggy at the same time.  It makes no sense that literally every other FPS has perfect mouse aiming and Halo can't do it.

It feels like instead of just taking the X,Y input from the mouse and using that directly, they took that input, then fed it through the algorithm that is used for translating controller input making it muddy and laggy at the same time.  It makes no sense that literally every other FPS has perfect mouse aiming and Halo can't do it.

That might explain why the X axis seems to be about twice as fast as the Y axis by default. It's absolutely baffling. There's even a "Raw Input" setting in the options menu. It does absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.

That might explain why the X axis seems to be about twice as fast as the Y axis by default. It's absolutely baffling. There's even a "Raw Input" setting in the options menu. It does absolutely nothing as far as I can tell.

yeah the raw input doesn't do shit.  And you're right the only way to make the axes feel right is to setup X and Y with a 1:2 ratio. I'm sure there is a more specific ratio that would be "perfect" but its just not worth the hassle since it would still feel like crap. And yet aiming with a controller still feels better on PC than aiming with controller on the Xbox.

It just makes no sense.

Pretty sure most of us are expecting Battle Royale so that we won't be disappointed when its confirmed, but will be pleasantly suprised if it isn't.

You can't hope for the best with 343 without disappointing yourself, or thats what the last 6 years has taught me when it comes to 343 Halo.

Pretty sure most of us are expecting Battle Royale so that we won't be disappointed when its confirmed, but will be pleasantly suprised if it isn't.

You can't hope for the best with 343 without disappointing yourself, or thats what the last 6 years has taught me when it comes to 343 Halo.

"It's different this time!"

I'm just saying, it could be literally anything- good or bad. it could be 50v50 warzone.

I'm not expecting the best. and while i think BR is terrible for halo, it's not even the worst thing they could do with big player counts ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

High Ground oddball still only has 2 spawn points im crying this company really doesn't even try.

And I dont get how you can enjoy this more than default. Nades are the most unbalanced thing I have ever experienced in that playlist. Play a game of Guardian and tell me that its okay.

High Ground oddball still only has 2 spawn points im crying this company really doesn't even try.

And I dont get how you can enjoy this more than default. Nades are the most unbalanced thing I have ever experienced in that playlist. Play a game of Guardian and tell me that its okay.

I enjoy it more than default off of the strength that I can move and shoot at the same time w/o being at a disadvantage. When compared to default H5, All of the negatives (which there are many) are outweighed by that single positive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I enjoy it more than default off of the strength that I can move and shoot at the same time w/o being at a disadvantage. When compared to default H5, All of the negatives (which there are many) are outweighed by that single positive.

No way lmao. I don't get why that one single aspect has so much weight to people. This classic playlist feels like the most dumbed down version of halo I've ever played.

Then there's the issue of every game ending with like 25 power weapon kills minimum. You know, the thing people complain about in normal arena but 10x worse cuz increased ammo and 90 movement. I wanted to enjoy the list and play it for fun sometimes but it's just so bad.

The power weapon thing is not going to be fixed in H5. Seriously just take them all and look at how they're tuned. 343 wants these guns to be free kills. The entire meta is just around picking them up. The idea that there is room for a skill gap or that someone might actually not kill someone with a power weapon because they simply suck at shooting is a totally foreign concept to them at best