CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

time enjoyed is never time wasted

FYI people play games to have fun

Given the amount of time you clearly waste on a regular basis, I'm not shocked that you think that's a profound statement.

FYI some people have standards. Others are amusingly proud of having none.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Watched a few minutes of someone streaming the h3 throwback playlist and the movement looks like crouch walking speed. 343 thinks classic movement just means slow.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Checks out the MCC thread: arglactable fighting about PC vs. console.

Checks out the Halo 5 thread: arglactable fighting about PC vs. console.

There's nothing to play on PC so that's what he does

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's nothing to play on PC so that's what he does

Ion Maiden looking sick, though.

It's honestly hilarious to me how desperate people on this forum in particular seem to be for console shooters to not be straight up worse than their PC counterparts. Are you delusional or are you so attached to some kind of bizarre console gamer identity that you are actually offended by quips about self-evidently bad ports. Those PC elitists sure are meanies.

Not being able to aim for shit in a large scale, 100 man FFA game isn't a problem? It turns gun fights into a spastic mess of close range misses. Not being able to really manage inventory on the fly? Not being able to build quickly and precisely (in Fortnite)? The games play COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY. This is not a matter of preference. This is not elitism. Playing the console ports of these games is a waste of time, because they are garbage. Get over it.

i think people just can't shake the irony of someone coming to a forum about a console shooter soley to complain about shooters being on console.

• Upvote (+1) 5

LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

is it permanent or is this another one of 343's "rotational playlist" shenanigans?

is it permanent or is this another one of 343's "rotational playlist" shenanigans?

rotational but if i recall correctly sketch said they are gonna keep it up as long as there's a population to support it

hopefully it lasts a month (or much much longer)

rotational but if i recall correctly sketch said they are gonna keep it up as long as there's a population to support it

hopefully it lasts a month (or much much longer)

God damnit this company. At least they're learning something, but if "it might stay if there's population lel" is all we get then time to say good riddance to this playlist already.

No interesting developments on the future-Halo-games front I'm guessing?

LETS FUCKING GOOOOO

That screenshot is the Halo 3 experience in a nutshell. Three terrible maps for every good one.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's honestly hilarious to me how desperate people on this forum in particular seem to be for console shooters to not be straight up worse than their PC counterparts. Are you delusional or are you so attached to some kind of bizarre console gamer identity that you are actually offended by quips about self-evidently bad ports. Those PC elitists sure are meanies.

Not being able to aim for shit in a large scale, 100 man FFA game isn't a problem? It turns gun fights into a spastic mess of close range misses. Not being able to really manage inventory on the fly? Not being able to build quickly and precisely (in Fortnite)? The games play COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY. This is not a matter of preference. This is not elitism. Playing the console ports of these games is a waste of time, because they are garbage. Get over it.

Dude, you’re the only one here who gives a shit about PC being better. It is you that needs to get over it. We don’t care. You have it so backwards. We get it. It plays better on PC. Cool.

I honestly don’t understand why you spend time on this forum instead of one that relates to something you enjoy.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok, I'm going to dumb this down for you since you misunderstood my first post. I don't give a shit about PC and neither does the majority of TB. We all know PCs are superior but most of us just really don't care. Do you really expect to REPEATEDLY post about how bad consoles are on a forum composed primarily of the console demographic and not expect us to get bored or annoyed? Are you hoping someone will go "Gee wiz, thanks @@arglactable. I'm going to sell my console, buy a PC, and dedicate my life to spreading the good news of our lord and savior Gabben" ?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

buy a PC, and dedicate my life to spreading the good news of our lord and savior Gabben" ?

I mean...

• Upvote (+1) 3

PCs are objectively better but I don't like fps on the computer. aiming with the mouse isn't satisfying. I associate it with a grind or something idk.

PCs are objectively better but I don't like fps on the computer. aiming with the mouse isn't satisfying. I associate it with a grind or something idk.

Its because the feedback of shooting with a controller is different than with a mouse. People typically enjoy the feel of games they play a lot so if you swapped a bunch of console FPS people to PC many wouldn't be as interested without really being able to explain what was different regardless of relative skill and its because they're hooked on how the game feels to play on a basic level

I used to say the same thing. Oh, how wrong I was.

There's nothing like a peripheral not slowing you down, and stopping you from doing what your brain whats you to do. Once you get comfortable enough you'll never want to go back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Unless Epic shits the bed with Fortnite (which there are zero signs of right now), 343 is going to have a hard time penetrating the Battle Royale market in over a year when Halo 6 releases, especially if it isn't free. Fortnite is hitting Halo 3 level popularity and who knows how big it'll be in a year from now. Keep chasing trends, 343. You'll arrive years late yet again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Unless Epic shits the bed with Fortnite (which there are zero signs of right now), 343 is going to have a hard time penetrating the Battle Royale market in over a year when Halo 6 releases, especially if it isn't free. Fortnite is hitting Halo 3 level popularity and who knows how big it'll be in a year from now. Keep chasing trends, 343. You'll arrive years late yet again.

Imo I think it's past H3 levels at this point. During H3's times video games still weren't completely socially accepted. H3 was one of the first to show that games could be a really mainstream thing. Currently video games are much more socially acceptable and popular which has allowed Fortnite to go way farther than H3 in both popularity and culture. As far as anecdotal evidence the day I got on Twitter and saw the homecoming court nominations all talking about it has to top the list. Or a popular chick who tweeted a pickup line someone had used on on her involving Fortnite.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Do we have some sort of confirmation that 343 is trying to penetrate the BR market?

That H3 playlist just reminds me even more how broken nades and power weapons are. Also can't forget how good camo is in default since it takes you off the radar. Of all the weird things to do like lower BMS I can't believe they didn't reduce nade radius too to match H3 more. Oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That H3 playlist just reminds me even more how broken nades and power weapons are. Also can't forget how good camo is in default since it takes you off the radar. Of all the weird things to do like lower BMS I can't believe they didn't reduce nade radius too to match H3 more. Oh well.

Who would'a thunk that nades balanced for gameplay with Thrust are even stronger without it.