CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Forge uses identifiers for every object in the palette, and wherever you place it on the canvas is saved by an x,y, and z coordinate as well as coordinates that save information on its pitch, yaw, and roll. Objects shift when you place them somewhere that doesn't line up with one of their coordinates. So it shifts them to find the nearest one.

This system has been used since H3 because it's extremely efficient on file size because you're not actually sharing full size map files, you're just sharing numbers that represent items and their locations. The items themselves are already installed on everyone's hard drives when you install halo.

This could be alleviated adding more specific coordinates to another decimal point, .0001 instead of .001 for example. It would literally only cost them kilobytes more of data (aka nothing) and make object preservation much more accurate so I'm not sure why they don't.

Those are bytes that can be better taken up by more food themed weapon skins.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Those are bytes that can better be taken up by more food themed weapon skins.

Well the data is stored server side, wouldn't even touch the RAM (which is the issue with the skins from my understanding) which means there's even less of a reason not to do it.

I know you were joking though lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those are bytes that can be better taken up by more food themed weapon skins.

First time I read that I thought you said flood related themed weapon skins, and imagined a BR with flood guts dripping off of it and was like hell yeah! Then I realized that was a good idea and was sure it wasn't a real 343 idea.

• Upvote (+1) 5

First time I read that I thought you said flood related themed weapon skins, and imagined a BR with flood guts dripping off of it and was like hell yeah! Then I realized that was a good idea and was sure it wasn't a real 343 idea.

Kind of like Miraaks sword from Skyrim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be funny if H6 leaks and turns out to be a Battle Royale/Wallrunning/Hero shooter and the subsequent shit storm causes 343 to reconsider their "chasing fads" approach.

I can guarantee you there will be a battle royal mode. There's absolutely no way 343 isn't doing it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I can guarantee you there will be a battle royal mode. There's absolutely no way 343 isn't doing it.

What if they change Warzone to be the Battle Royal mode?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The Flood is the coolest part of the Halo franchise and it's been missing for 2 games.

3 games

• Upvote (+1) 4

3 games

Odst, Reach, 4, and 5.

Edit: wait nvm you're right. It's been missing from 3 Halo games, and The 4

• Upvote (+1) 9

The Flood is the coolest part of the Halo franchise and it's been missing for 2 games.

I just want a fucking Halo ring again man.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just want a fucking Halo ring again man.

They should have Halo rings built like the portal device in the movie Contact, each ring having a different weather system/ecosystem. So while you're on a ring, not only do you see your ring, but all the other ones in the sky too.

See:

contact-hokaido-wormhole-device1.jpg

The only good Halo games are the ones where you're actually on a Halo ring. Coincidence?

tenor.gif?itemid=9822316

• Upvote (+1) 8

We'll we see Cortana with a Halo ring at the end of Halo Wars 2, and the Flood we're unleashed as well. Maybe John links up with the Spirit of Fire crew and that gives a reason for the Flood and the Ring.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We'll we see Cortana with a Halo ring at the end of Halo Wars 2, and the Flood we're unleashed as well. Maybe John links up with the Spirit of Fire crew and that gives a reason for the Flood and the Ring.

Wait, who is going to propose to Cortana?

Where in the timeline does Halo Wars 2 take place??

To be honest, its probably easiest if 343 just goes, "ok our bad.  Halo 5 is no longer canon"

To be honest, its probably easiest if 343 just goes, "ok our bad. Halo 5 is no longer canon"

It takes place after Halo 5. Honestly you CAN fix the story though you'd have to actually be good at story telling so for 343 you might as well abandon it.

To be honest, its probably easiest if 343 just goes, "ok our bad. Halo 5 is no longer canon"

After Halo 5. I’m fairly certain the Halo ring seen in Halo Wars 2 is the same one seen in Halo 5’s legendary ending.

The Flood were released on the Ark in the HW2 DLC from the remains of High Charity and promptly dealt with in hours. Complete waste.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Introducing Spirit of Fire and the previous Spartans would be the perfect explanation for a more classic Halo feel. Humanity is yet again on its last legs, and are putting old school tactics and the like to the front line. Mashing new tech with old tech, to create this strange mix that somehow works.

Forge uses identifiers for every object in the palette, and wherever you place it on the canvas is saved by an x,y, and z coordinate as well as coordinates that save information on its pitch, yaw, and roll. Objects shift when you place them somewhere that doesn't line up with one of their coordinates. So it shifts them to find the nearest one.

This system has been used since H3 because it's extremely efficient on file size because you're not actually sharing full size map files, you're just sharing numbers that represent items and their locations. The items themselves are already installed on everyone's hard drives when you install halo.

This could be alleviated adding more specific coordinates to another decimal point, .0001 instead of .001 for example. It would literally only cost them kilobytes more of data (aka nothing) and make object preservation much more accurate so I'm not sure why they don't.

Interesting.. Is there any way to prevent this? What if I used the x,y,z position dropdown menu to place every object.. will that work? Would that snap it to one of their coords?

Interesting.. Is there any way to prevent this? What if I used the x,y,z position dropdown menu to place every object.. will that work? Would that snap it to one of their coords?

Yup. Its just a pain in the ass to do that.

Wait, who is going to propose to Cortana?

deb6G3r.jpg
Hopefully Cortana doesn’t stab him in the heart like that Zealot Elite stabbed him in the abdomen.