CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Um, nooooooooo.

At most RRR increased with zooming, thats it.

Reach started the "tighter spread when zoomed" garbage technically but 343, as with everything, take an awful idea and multiply it 10 fold

Bruh, it's like that in halo CE and halo 3. And i'm pretty sure it's in halo 2 pre patch, and it's only not in post patch because the h2 br is accidentally perfectly accurate.

With that said i'm 100% against spread on precision weapons

Bruh, it's like that in halo CE and halo 3. And i'm pretty sure it's in halo 2 pre patch, and it's only not in post patch because the h2 br is accidentally perfectly accurate.

With that said i'm 100% against spread on precision weapons

Well then I have good news about the next version of NHE  ;)

Just read the community update and read this,

This week we were putting the finishing touches on plans to release a small collection of decorative national flag skins for the UK, Australia, Canada, Mexico and the United States, but in light of the seriousness of the current climate, and input and feedback from some of our regional partners, we have decided to delay the release indefinitely.

Lots of folks worked hard to make the decorative decals, and we know that players were anticipating them in the spirit of fun and competition in which they were originally intended, however, we feel that releasing these items now would be inappropriate.

The rest of our HaloWC tournament activity will continue as planned, and we'd like to take this moment to say simply, "be good to each other."

Really? Should we remove flags from the Olympics then, 343? I really want to know who these regional partners are and why 343 are going to pander to SJWs. Personally, I don't care about the skins myself. However, to the people that were going to buy these skins, I feel ya. This is a load of nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well then I have good news about the next version of NHE  ;)

And I got negged when I suggested that years ago.

Well then I have good news about the next version of NHE  Beyond%20Wink.png

lol for reals? I remember bringing it up to dman like the last 3-4 va lan but he told me the OGs wouldn't like that.

I welcome this change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Um, nooooooooo.

At most RRR increased with zooming, thats it.

Reach started the "tighter spread when zoomed" garbage technically but 343, as with everything, take an awful idea and multiply it 10 fold

I mean, if we're gonna invoke the "t" word, the CE sniper has a flag which says "turn off spread only when zoomed". Same with the Sniper and Beam Rifle in H2. Incredibly minor compared to what we have now, but still "technically" there.

Just read the community update and read this,

Really? Should we remove flags from the Olympics then, 343? I really want to know who these regional partners are and why 343 are going to pander to SJWs. Personally, I don't care about the skins myself. However, to the people that were going to buy these skins, I feel ya. This is a load of nonsense.

Could someone please explain what the problem actually is? I know the Olympics are a little politically tepid in terms of Russia + North Korea, but I don't see how that should effect flag skins in a video game. Am I missing something?

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol for reals? I remember bringing it up to dman like the last 3-4 va lan but he told me the OGs wouldn't like that.

I welcome this change.

That's what McDick told me. It's already been made and played on. They say it makes NHE feel closer to playing on host, which I can imagine would be the case. I imagine it does a lot to tighten up the consistency in routine fights, but it also might make Hang Em and Dere play a little differently if your shots are always going exactly where you're pointing. There's also a Prisoner/Chill Out mashup in the works.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's what McDick told me. It's already been made and played on. They say it makes NHE feel closer to playing on host, which I can imagine would be the case. I imagine it does a lot to tighten up the consistency in routine fights, but it also might make Hang Em and Dere play a little differently if your shots are always going exactly where you're pointing. There's also a Prisoner/Chill Out mashup in the works.

Great news. I saw that mashup. It's trippy.

And yeah, I'd imagine so for heh/dere, and some cases on dammy. I look forward to playing it

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could someone please explain what the problem actually is? I know the Olympics are a little politically tepid in terms of Russia + North Korea, but I don't see how that should effect flag skins in a video game. Am I missing something?

I don't get it either. My theory is that it may have something to do with the Florida shooting that happened recently. Pretty ironic if that's the case. An FPS game not releasing regional flag skins all because of a shooting. I would talk more about the topic, however, this an H5 thread, not the political thread.

Not Halo 5, but map stuff

zOyAUdg.jpgaXJhXf6.jpg

8AlUTkW.jpg

S0hfATz.jpg

U4G0Tmm.jpg

uszIDVa.jpg

undefined.png

I am so fucking excited to try what you guys are building.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why is it so dark

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah our engine isn't garbage like Halos

oh fucking hell i misread - I thought it was a forge map lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

zOyAUdg.jpgaXJhXf6.jpg

8AlUTkW.jpg

S0hfATz.jpg

U4G0Tmm.jpg

uszIDVa.jpg

undefined.png

Is John Romero working on your game in secret? #90'skidnostalgia :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh fucking hell i misread - I thought it was a forge map lmao

LMAO

Forge is trash.  I literally made this entire chapel in like....4 hours last night in engine.

yx6WuMn.png

aXJhXf6.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From a tech and development perspective, Forge is pretty god damn incredible imo. Especially considering the size of the team that developed it. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

From a tech and development perspective, Forge is pretty god damn incredible imo. Especially considering the size of the team that developed it. 

I don't actually hate forge, I just like to dog on it.  It brought me to where I am after all.

What I don't like is the negligence they've shown in the past year towards it.  The past 6 consecutive updates have all made performance progressively worse to the point that forge maps are basically unplayable.  It also doesn't help that forge is still miles behind the far cry editor was like 10 years ago on the 360 hardware.  Different engines I know, but it's impossible not to compare.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't actually hate forge, I just like to dog on it.  It brought me to where I am after all.

What I don't like is the negligence they've shown in the past year towards it.  The past 6 consecutive updates have all made performance progressively worse to the point that forge maps are basically unplayable.  It also doesn't help that forge is still miles behind the far cry editor was like 10 years ago on the 360 hardware.  Different engines I know, but it's impossible not to compare.

I just dont get why the pieces change positions when you load up the map in a custom game. what causes that? its the only reason i dont forge

I just dont get why the pieces change positions when you load up the map in a custom game. what causes that? its the only reason i dont forge

Forge uses identifiers for every object in the palette, and wherever you place it on the canvas is saved by an x,y, and z coordinate as well as coordinates that save information on its pitch, yaw, and roll. Objects shift when you place them somewhere that doesn't line up with one of their coordinates. So it shifts them to find the nearest one.

This system has been used since H3 because it's extremely efficient on file size because you're not actually sharing full size map files, you're just sharing numbers that represent items and their locations. The items themselves are already installed on everyone's hard drives when you install halo.

This could be alleviated adding more specific coordinates to another decimal point, .0001 instead of .001 for example. It would literally only cost them kilobytes more of data (aka nothing) and make object preservation much more accurate so I'm not sure why they don't.

• Upvote (+1) 6