CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

After being at 200k subs 3 months ago, Ninja hit 2 million subs earlier today:

Leaving Halo did him good

Now who would Halo's current leading personality be, and what's their sub/follow count? 

Now who would Halo's current leading personality be, and what's their sub/follow count? 

Literally no one.

Summit would bring a shit ton back, but only if it's classic Halo. On PC for even bonus numbers.

I was told the aiming was fine years ago so I have no idea what you're on about.

jesus christ, halo 5 was really released in 2015....

years.......

christ

happy for him 

fuck halo

*spits*

Something like 36k subs on twitch and averages like 40k viewers.

Absolutely unreal.

What's more unreal to me is that he was one of the big streamers when twitch was first gaining steam, but he faded away and juggernaut streamers were arising. But in the past year he has himself become a juggernaut streamer thanks in part to these battle royale games

Speaking of aiming, I had been playing video games on my television because the monitor I had been using for years crapped out on me. So it had been since 2016 that I played Halo on a monitor. I just bought myself a 4K monitor and bruh, playing Halo on a TV is trash. The aiming feels way smoother on a monitor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why can't Halo 6 have Halo 5 gameplay for Warzone and classic gameplay for Arena.

It would literally solve every single issue. The kiddies can have their unbalanced gimmicks, large maps, vehicles, rubbish weapon unlocks and REQ packs.

Meanwhile the people who want to play a proper Halo game can play Arena. Arena would have no REQ packs, everything would be earned by commendation and all playlists would be classic gameplay designed to be balanced and fun.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why can't Halo 6 have Halo 5 gameplay for Warzone and classic gameplay for Arena.

Because industry trends say that unified settings are in, and you know what that means. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because industry trends say that unified settings are in, and you know what that means. 

Speaking of industry trends, why does Halo have a built in, lore-friendly zombie faction and yet Flood Firefight hasn't surfaced?

Seriously every game had a zombie mode for a bit there and Halo never capitalized on it's pre-existing one. We got "Infection" but you know that fighting off waves of flood would be a great time. That's the kind of "trend" I can get behind copying.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Speaking of industry trends, why does Halo have a built in, lore-friendly zombie faction and yet Flood Firefight hasn't surfaced?

Seriously every game had a zombie mode for a bit there and Halo never capitalized on it's pre-existing one. We got "Infection" but you know that fighting off waves of flood would be a great time. That's the kind of "trend" I can get behind copying.

Halo Wars 2 had a Flood expansion and introduced this I’m pretty sure.

Not a shooter though

Here are their weapon tuning changes so far which are planned to come out later this month. There are more details in the link about their reasoning for the changes.

Battle Rifle: Reduced recoil on the Longshot, Sentinel, and COG scope attachments.

Carbine: Greatly decreased spread in hip fire, slightly decreased red reticle range in hip fire, greatly decreased spread while zoomed, slight increase to red reticle range in zoom.

DMR: Increase red reticle range in hip fire, increase 'stickiness' of weapon at closer ranges, slight increase to base damage (still 5 shots to kill a fully shielded opponent).

Storm Rifle: Decreased effectiveness of aim assist, increased length of time the weapon is overheated, increase the amount of battery consumed with each shot.

Brute Plasma Rifle: Decreased base damage, slight decrease of spread in hip fire.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/open-worlds

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure the 12 people playing HW2 enjoyed that.

having multiple weapons that have different aim assist and spread values when zoomed in.

But it's always been like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Come on dude, this is like saying "CE had bloom bro". Yeah we've always had a few weapons with different aim assist when zoomed in (the ones where it actually makes sense aka Snipe, BR and Carbine). But now literally every weapon has this, even the friggin Sword and Shotgun get an RRR extension by zooming in and especially automatics are out of control with the pinpoint accuracy when zoomed in.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Technically in some some cases, when you run synthetic tests sure for some weapons.  But in actual gameplay the only thing that used to make a difference was RRR.

Halo 5 is the first game where even within RRR the spread of a weapon makes a significant difference in being able to consistently hit your shots and scoping making an obvious, clearly apparent difference to accuracy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Um, nooooooooo.

At most RRR increased with zooming, thats it.

Reach started the "tighter spread when zoomed" garbage technically but 343, as with everything, take an awful idea and multiply it 10 fold

• Upvote (+1) 1

Adds extensive advanced movement options. Penalizes players who move and shoot. 

Welcome to modern Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 8