CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh so its only know that the rest of the sandbox changed that the Storm Rifle is unbalanced.

BvBxxan.jpg

We definitely haven't been saying that for more than 2 years, fuck.

Also they are tweaking the magnum because they think it outclasses similar weapons.

343. Changes all the precision weapons so they don't completely outclass the magnum.

Also 343. Changes the Magnum so we'll be right back at square one.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo: Reach web stats are shutting down 3/1/18. Granted that Reach isn't current anymore. It just sucks that Reach is getting another kick in the groins. Since the web stats are shutting down, I think it's safe to assume that sites like legacy.halotracker.com will become obsolete.

3C2f4a3.jpg

P3VoDtT.jpg

FZD5V7i.jpg

This is why 343 keeps getting away with this shit. This is hands down the dumbest, most fuckwitted backwards ass shit any drongo has ever said regarding sprint.

Overwatch doesn't have Sprint (except for 76) and it's one of the most popular games right now. How can people say that we need sprint to be successful? 343 plz, follow the trend that OW set, Sprint isn't needed as long as you build the maps correctly...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Overwatch doesn't have Sprint (except for 76) and it's one of the most popular games right now. How can people say that we need sprint to be successful? 343 plz, follow the trend that OW set, Sprint isn't needed as long as you build the maps correctly...

And CS and others.  Some of the most popular shooters right now that don't need a new game every 1-3 years to keep making money don't have sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people like Extraction?

I like 2 plot extraction because it’s an extremely dynamic gametype that forces the player to make smart and difficult choices. I like 1 plot extraction because it forces teams to execute and break setups several times a game. I would argue no gametype tests a team’s ability to break a setup as much as 1 plot extraction.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Extraction is just Hill that makes you lower your weapon.

Hill is just extraction that makes you stand in one spot.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Extraction is like sprint. Makes you lower your weapon for no good reason. 1-Plot would be the exact same thing except not force you to build a paper mache swan to capture the objective.

Extraction is like sprint. Makes you lower your weapon for no good reason. 1-Plot would be the exact same thing except not force you to build a paper mache swan to capture the objective.

Just like carrying the flag?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just like carrying the flag?

Eh. In flag you have total control and can move and look. In extraction you have to stare at a wall and hold B.

I mean, Extraction would still play perfectly fine, if not better, if the conversion method had you just standing in a tiny hill instead of interacting with an object. Holding your button is hardly the core of the gametype and certainly not what makes it good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4: Look at all these new game modes we made for the game.

Halo 5: We spent all this time creating a mode you could make in Custom Games previously with maps made using Forge, so no BTB, Infection, Oddball, King of the Hill, Extraction, Regicide on launch... And its been dropped from HCS because it sucks. Oh well, you guys can have a shitty barely functioning oddball in 2 years or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, Extraction would still play perfectly fine, if not better, if the conversion method had you just standing in a tiny hill instead of interacting with an object. Holding your button is hardly the core of the gametype and certainly not what makes it good.

Again DOOM does this perfectly. Sector (the Extraction equivalent) has zones that need to be captured and then held for 15s. If an enemy steps into the zone, the timer is halted. Extremely fun, fast-paced and yet strategic gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what the original idea for Extraction was. I doubt pulling the arming device out of thin air was designed that way intentionally.

I like the button press because it designates one person on the team with a specific task. I think it would be cool if you could press/hold X to hold the Extraction device, and were able to move, strafe, and melee with it within a certain radius (like you said). Would offer some cool defensive plays with movement and melee if they did it right.

Again DOOM does this perfectly. Sector (the Extraction equivalent) has zones that need to be captured and then held for 15s. If an enemy steps into the zone, the timer is halted. Extremely fun, fast-paced and yet strategic gametype.

I adore Sector.