CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That reminds me of when Lord Zedd discovered that one of the "hinted at" easter eggs in Halo 4 was broken and he had to fix it himself to show off what it did.

Man - it wouldn't have even been so bad if they didn't hint at the egg in one of the blog posts too. Like surely someone should have checked if it actually worked in the retail game before putting that hint out.

Man - it wouldn't have even been so bad if they didn't hint at the egg in one of the blog posts too. Like surely someone should have checked if it actually worked in the retail game before putting that hint out.

Which easter egg is this?

Which easter egg is this?

I think it was one on the second level of Halo 4. The easter egg is meant to end with some UNSC weapon crates spawning or something like that but that part was broken.

A few years back, they gave a few hints to easter eggs in the weekly blog post and one of them lead to that broken egg. It was so dumb in retrospect.

Took me over 4 hours to do my seeding. Couldn't find games for shit. Everybody I played against was onxy. Won 7 of the 10.

I'm now plat 4.

This is why I gave up on this game.

It's a meme account.  The context is Kanye and Kim had a new baby and named it Chicago.

Sounds like an old MLGPro'er getting his meme-dreams on. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right now theres a vr stream goin on with 7k people on, where theyre all just chillin out in blood gulch talkin about their Halo memories.

I think for the next Halo to truly succeed, we need chill dev btb maps. Places to goof off and hangout with friends, and make fun memories to tell down the line.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you guys seem this yet

That guy has been working on that gametype really hard. If anybody here plays it and has complaints he would deeply appreciate the feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My favorite weapon in Halo 5 is the plasma pistol. Should be on a weapon pad it's so good.

Halo 5's req system is incredibly similar to SWBF2's MTX's. 

Long grind to get good items 

Cards that are harder to get that are straight up advantages. 

Can pay money to skip the long grind to get the good cards for the advantage.

The biggest difference is that you get given REQ packs in Halo 5 a lot more generously, giving the illusion of a shorter grind, or a fairer system, despite the good cards you actually want being behind a grind similar to that in SWBF2's.

The REQ system is shitty. It might not be the shittiest but its far from being the least shitty people like to spout (I don't believe in good microtransactions. They are all just varying levels of shit). Its got a random aspect, a Pay to Win aspect, and a long grind to push players towards paying for them. Those were the 3 major problems and concerns with SWBF2's system, and they are the 3 major problems with the req system. Is it not at least a wee bit concerning that people are just accepting the REQ system despite the similarities to the SWBF2 system? How long until 343 try and go further and we get something worse than the SWBF2 system? While it may not be as predatory as SWBF2, anyone saying that the REQ system is good or fine is out of their mind, seeing as the major problems with that exist in the worse versions on MTX's we have seen recently.

The REQ system isn't better than the alternative MTX's, its just less shitty, and we shouldn't settle for any form of shitty.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5's req system is incredibly similar to SWBF2's MTX's. 

Long grind to get good items 

Cards that are harder to get that are straight up advantages. 

Can pay money to skip the long grind to get the good cards for the advantage.

The biggest difference is that you get given REQ packs in Halo 5 a lot more generously, giving the illusion of a shorter grind, or a fairer system, despite the good cards you actually want being behind a grind similar to that in SWBF2's.

The REQ system is shitty. It might not be the shittiest but its far from being the least shitty people like to spout (I don't believe in good microtransactions. They are all just varying levels of shit). Its got a random aspect, a Pay to Win aspect, and a long grind to push players towards paying for them. Those were the 3 major problems and concerns with SWBF2's system, and they are the 3 major problems with the req system. Is it not at least a wee bit concerning that people are just accepting the REQ system despite the similarities to the SWBF2 system? How long until 343 try and go further and we get something worse than the SWBF2 system? While it may not be as predatory as SWBF2, anyone saying that the REQ system is good or fine is out of their mind, seeing as the major problems with that exist in the worse versions on MTX's we have seen recently.

The REQ system isn't better than the alternative MTX's, its just less shitty, and we shouldn't settle for any form of shitty.

It's the least shitty in that you don't get duplicates. But it was really bad early on when the game was still getting updates, the unlock pool was so diluted with random skins and armor I don't care about.

It's the least shitty in that you don't get duplicates. But it was really bad early on when the game was still getting updates, the unlock pool was so diluted with random skins and armor I don't care about.

Not to mention they fucked up with the colors on a lot of the armors. Some of them looked cool until you saw them in-game with red v blue, and some parts of the armor looked really bad.

But muh free DLC

Please tell me how they'll scrounge up the money for HCS and the pro league without microtransactions. That's right you can't because this isn't a system selling series that pulls in huge gobs of cash anymore. So if you're okay with losing mlg, all that money and several other things please go right ahead.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The REQ system sucks because earning high quality REQ's almost entirely depends on you burning through all the lower quality REQ's first, they're otherwise nearly impossible to get.  This in turn makes purchasing REQ packs with real money entirely pointless because unless you already did the above you're just going to end up with a ton of the lowest tier items the REQ has to offer and none of the good items.

Microtransactions should just be direct-purchase and cheap.  I don't get why companies don't follow that model because it's beneficial for everyone involved.  People buying the microtransactions get exactly what they want without having to deal with RNG, and companies make just as much profit because they end up with more people willing to make transactions even if they're getting less per transaction.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The REQ system sucks because earning high quality REQ's almost entirely depends on you burning through all the lower quality REQ's first, they're otherwise nearly impossible to get. This in turn makes purchasing REQ packs with real money entirely pointless because unless you already did the above you're just going to end up with a ton of the lowest tier items the REQ has to offer and none of the good items.

Microtransactions should just be direct-purchase and cheap. I don't get why companies don't follow that model because it's beneficial for everyone involved. People buying the microtransactions get exactly what they want without having to deal with RNG, and companies make just as much profit because they end up with more people willing to make transactions even if they're getting less per transaction.

The problem with the bolded is that the skinner-box approach is proven to get convince some people to exhibit repetitive self-destructive behavior in the hope of getting something they want, even if they know they probably won’t get it. For some reason it’s more effective than just giving people exactly what they want.

So the fear (from the companies perspective) is that even if more people are willing to make a transaction, the end result will be fewer transactions in total. Just imagine if they tried to sell H5s armor,visors + emblems directly- most of that shit would go untouched.

I’d like to see a company just offer a lot of desireable content for very cheap. If people actually want many of the things you have to offer, you don’t have to manipulate them to make a purchase.

Hello all. Long time lurker and first post. 

Question.... Has anyone else ever called in a CoD Mortar Strike scorestreak in H5? Cause I'm pretty sure I called one in last night....

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Maverik%20MH/video/42930554

Beyond%20Thinking.png

Just what the flying fuck is that gargling sound right at the start of this clip? Halo 5 has some of the oddest sound design choices out any video game I've ver played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just what the flying fuck is that gargling sound right at the start of this clip? Halo 5 has some of the oddest sound design choices out any video game I've ver played.

You don't moan like that after a spartan charge? 

Huh.