CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fall 2019 can't come soon enough. I hope they release it 1 week before CoD again.

#March2019

I'm so glad you asked :)

It's a word my friends and I use to describe a very specific type of nerd. I don't expect people to know what it is, but it's one of those words that just sounds right in the right context, like it's easy to pick up what I mean even if you're unfamiliar with the person.

A Melvin is a nerd that thinks he's hot shit, despite not actually being good at anything. A Melvin always thinks he's right. He always thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He has no humility and is generally insufferable to be around. A Melvin doesn't give credit or compliments to anyone else's ideas/performance. It is common for a Melvin to habitually interrupt and talk over people. Melvinism is the way insecurity sometimes manifests itself in fat male nerds with no talent. It's just complete, unfounded overconfidence and arrogance when around peers. A Melvin thinks he's funny but isn't. He thinks he's really smart but has very average intelligence. He thinks he's great at whatever game he's playing but is never better than average. They can usually be found being fat, while wearing those silky looking button up shirts (always unbuttoned) with like the flames or dragons and shit on them, and working at a Gamestop or comic book shop.

Everyone knows at least one, and my friends and I decided they needed a name. We landed on Melvin.

I was reading through this thorough definition and couldn't help but become self reflectant. Thank God I've never had a shirt with flames or dragons on it. WHEW!!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I was reading through this thorough definition and couldn't help but become self reflectant. Thank God I've never had a shirt with flames or dragons on it. WHEW!!

Lmao well this came out of nowhere. Your sense of humor had already saved you btw. Remember, Melvins aren't funny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't be even slightly surprised. Keep following those trends, cowards.

Edit: then again it does say spin-off which I'm fine with. Keep all the BS out of the main titles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it would hilarious if the Battle Royale trend died off right when that game released if it was a BR Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think it would hilarious if the Battle Royale trend died off right when that game released if it was a BR Halo game.

I don't really see it dying off. I just see it getting more complex and evolving. At least for quite a while. Could be wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't really see it dying off. I just see it getting more complex and evolving. At least for quite a while. Could be wrong.

Im sure somebody at 343 thought the same thing about advanced mobility.

Maybe it's a Halo game focusing on battlefield sized matches but in the style of traditional BTB.

But I doubt it.

Im sure somebody at 343 thought the same thing about advanced mobility.

Maybe it's a Halo game focusing on battlefield sized matches but in the style of traditional BTB.

But I doubt it.

Good luck.  They will cram WarZone from now on so they can get us to buy dat merch. 

Some rumours/Leaks for Xbox 2018.

Halo : Battle Royale 2018  BAY-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 

i want to die

Okay, jokes aside, I've always kinda wanted a 32v32 well done Halo game.

It just sucks that we were introduced to Warzone, I fear a 'Battlefield: Halo' game is going to suck big time unless they steer way clear of Warzone gametypes, and all the shit that came with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It just sucks that we were introduced to Warzone, I fear a 'Battlefield: Halo' game is going to suck big time unless they steer way clear of Warzone gametypes, and all the shit that came with it.

Battlefield Halo, set during the Insurrection, would be fun as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://i.imgur.com/degy04N.mp4

Is Coli on a heavier-than-usual rotation tonight? I've had it 8/10 games this evening, and its wearing a bit thin now

edit: ffs.. the other 2 have have been Oddball/Rig. Think I'll give up, and play Destiny instead

Warzone could have been good if it had Battlefield style base capturing, where a simple majority was all that was necessary to begin taking a base. It'd also be a lot better if you needed certain bases to deploy certain vehicles or weapons, and then just had more bases (like maybe 5). That would stress certain bases over others at different times in the game. Like, controlling an airfield or banshee skyport would allow your team to spawn wasps/banshees from that base, or the tank factory allowed scorpions, or the heavy weapons factory allowed you to spawn rocket launchers and lasers. That shit would have been dope, and it would have given strategic advantages to certain parts of the map at certain times, like if an upcoming legendary boss had a weakness to Scorpion Tanks, it'd be pretty damn important to control that point leading up to it.

Bosses should have had a separate health bar for each team, or awarded points to each team based on the damage they did to the boss.

In general, the Reqs should have been A LOT more limited, and forced players to control certain parts of the map to attain them. I think you should have only been able to spawn with some pretty basic shit, like loadout weapons, mongooses, warthogs and ghosts. Everything else should have had some way players had to earn it on the map. Like, what if a Pelican crashed onto the map every game, and players could scavenge it and pick up rocket launchers and snipers and shit? Or the map started with a Covenant camp site that players could go raid and loot their armory for some plasma casters and beam rifles and steal their wraith? That's how this shit should have been handled.

• Upvote (+1) 7

They can still do that, they just have to make the req's purely cosmetic. Which I would be fine with. Get rid of the 100 versions of each weapon and purchasing Norfangs during game and spawning with them. Go back to making weapons incentivize you to move across the map to pick them up.  Put the good weapons out in the open so there are epic fights for their control.  And go back to regular movement.  Get rid of sprint and thrust and jet packs and all the other bullshit.  Instead, give vehicles the main purpose of transportation and moving quickly, not simply overpowered death machines.    

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Teapot, @@Tashi, I haven't gotten a chance to rewatch much, but this is definitely one of the better casting jobs I've done so far. This was the deciding Game 7 of a series towards the end of the LAN, and I feel like I really hit my stride in the second half of this series. I hope you guys get a chance to check it out.  Edit: Mods, I'd like to embed the video if possible. Can you help me out?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/218545676?t=07h46m39s

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so glad you asked :)

It's a word my friends and I use to describe a very specific type of nerd. I don't expect people to know what it is, but it's one of those words that just sounds right in the right context, like it's easy to pick up what I mean even if you're unfamiliar with the person.

A Melvin is a nerd that thinks he's hot shit, despite not actually being good at anything. A Melvin always thinks he's right. He always thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He has no humility and is generally insufferable to be around. A Melvin doesn't give credit or compliments to anyone else's ideas/performance. It is common for a Melvin to habitually interrupt and talk over people. Melvinism is the way insecurity sometimes manifests itself in fat male nerds with no talent. It's just complete, unfounded overconfidence and arrogance when around peers. A Melvin thinks he's funny but isn't. He thinks he's really smart but has very average intelligence. He thinks he's great at whatever game he's playing but is never better than average. They can usually be found being fat, while wearing those silky looking button up shirts (always unbuttoned) with like the flames or dragons and shit on them, and working at a Gamestop or comic book shop.

Everyone knows at least one, and my friends and I decided they needed a name. We landed on Melvin.

I hope no one named Melvin reads this...

Feelsbadman

I'm so glad you asked Beyond%20Smiley.png

It's a word my friends and I use to describe a very specific type of nerd.  I don't expect people to know what it is, but it's one of those words that just sounds right in the right context, like it's easy to pick up what I mean even if you're unfamiliar with the person.

A Melvin is a nerd that thinks he's hot shit, despite not actually being good at anything.  A Melvin always thinks he's right. He always thinks he's the smartest person in the room. He has no humility and is generally insufferable to be around.  A Melvin doesn't give credit or compliments to anyone else's ideas/performance.  It is common for a Melvin to habitually interrupt and talk over people.  Melvinism is the way insecurity sometimes manifests itself in fat male nerds with no talent. It's just complete, unfounded overconfidence and arrogance when around peers. A Melvin thinks he's funny but isn't. He thinks he's really smart but has very average intelligence. He thinks he's great at whatever game he's playing but is never better than average.  They can usually be found being fat, while wearing those silky looking button up shirts (always unbuttoned) with like the flames or dragons and shit on them, and working at a Gamestop or comic book shop.

I hope no one named Melvin reads this...

Feelsbadman

I always thought a melvin was a wedgie from the front...

• Upvote (+1) 2

.... Why is dark souls PvP even a thing .... Seems like a cheap afterthought

gamer licence REVOKED

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, I'm about to go cry in a corner

Now I feel bad. I assume thats what M stands for? If it makes you feel any better, I don't consider you a Melvin, even if that is your name.

Honestly all I did was rip it straight out of a South Park episode and apply it to something my friends and I felt needed a name.