CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wonder if all those people are represented in the #data like they should be....

Im going to go with no.

Of course not. Most people that I used to play Halo with would respond "wait, they are still making Halo games?!?" when asked what they think about the 343i games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pfft! Nail in the coffin? Halo is being flogged, on a scaffold, by an executioner, with everyone watching. It's gotten worse than just nails. If Halo 6 has Spartan Abilities that'll be the gasoline and lighter in the coffin.

Get that profile pic out of here, I'm the only guy allowed to have an old dead white guy as their pic.

Do it or get sheriff'ed. 

Also, welcome to the shitshow. Enjoy your stay and may your posts be ever shitty.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where ya been Dev? It's been boring without you. No one to clown on since Boyo left. 

C'mon, surely you've found someone else to quote out-of-context lyrics and videos to. I miss you too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sigh.....

That, that is such an accurate depiction of DS3 PvP outside of fight clubs and arena.

Oh come on no it's not. Going into pvp with a spam weapon will get fucked by anything with hyper armor
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oh come on no it's not. Going into pvp with a spam weapon will get fucked by anything with hyper armor

Hyper armor to Dark Souls is like sprint to Halo: all orgasm and no foreplay. And a feeling of emptiness afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Get that profile pic out of here, I'm the only guy allowed to have an old dead white guy as their pic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In PvP? Not really. R1 spam can get you plenty of cheeky kills because it's still far to effective.

As well as the roll, estus and parry spam.

The video is a great comedic exaggeration of the genuine issues with Dark Souls 3 PvP.

.... Why is dark souls PvP even a thing .... Seems like a cheap afterthought

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not at all. Dark Souls PvP is great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is gonna sound weird but DS3 is my go to pvp game when I just wanna have fun and relax. I don't play Halo, I don't play gears or Titanfall. I play dark souls lmao normally 1v1 but sometimes 2v2. It's very enjoyable honestly.

Not at all. Dark Souls PvP is great.

This is gonna sound weird but DS3 is my go to pvp game when I just wanna have fun and relax. I don't play Halo, I don't play gears or Titanfall. I play dark souls lmao normally 1v1 but sometimes 2v2. It's very enjoyable honestly.

Well if its fun its fun i guess. Just doesn't seem like a game that needs pvp lol.

I mean, in Demon's Souls, the whole point was just to allow players to screw each other up as the host attempts to complete the level. In one instance, the boss of an area was another randomly chosen player with special traits.

It wasn't really until Dark Souls that From started to embrace the Dueling community, with features such as the Red Soapstone, which allowed the host to willingly summon a hostile player into their world and the Ooacile arena.

Its obviously a niche thing, like with For Honor, which is another duel-based melee game focused on stamina management.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when certain people here were talking about how great Destiny 2 was going to be? Good times :)

Dude, I played the beta and the demo version on PC and damn, a great game could be made out of the shooting mechanics and graphics of that game if Bungie knew what they were doing. I'm talking a whole different universe, set of abilities, etc though.

They just made a looter shooter that doesn't interest me because the whole game just revolves around getting new guns with better stats and shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude, I played the beta and the demo version on PC and damn, a great game could be made out of the shooting mechanics and graphics of that game if Bungie knew what they were doing. I'm talking a whole different universe, set of abilities, etc though.

They just made a looter shooter that doesn't interest me because the whole game just revolves around getting new guns with better stats and shit.

As someone who played Destiny 1 + all of the DLC and maxed out 3 characters, Destiny 2 is an insult to players in general. Many thought that Destiny 2 would build off of Destiny 1 but it's like Bungie reset the clock again and we're stuck with a lack of content like Destiny 1 was before TTK. And that doesn't even count all the microtransaction shady crap they pull on what seems like a weekly basis.

I bough Destiny 2 + season pass like a chump who had a somewhat faith in Bungie. I'm ignoring everything Destiny 2 and will do the same for Destiny 3. Just going to switch from Fortnite and Overwatch from now on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As someone who played Destiny 1 + all of the DLC and maxed out 3 characters, Destiny 2 is an insult to players in general. Many thought that Destiny 2 would build off of Destiny 1 but it's like Bungie reset the clock again and we're stuck with a lack of content like Destiny 1 was before TTK. And that doesn't even count all the microtransaction shady crap they pull on what seems like a weekly basis.

I bough Destiny 2 + season pass like a chump who had a somewhat faith in Bungie. I'm ignoring everything Destiny 2 and will do the same for Destiny 3. Just going to switch from Fortnite and Overwatch from now on.

Unless a newer, better, revolutionary AAA shooter ip comes out right?

:^)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought taking a 6 month break from Halo would maybe make me like the game.

Boy, I was wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I knew Destiny 2 was going to be trash based on Bungie’s business practices with D1. Paid $60 for an empty game, then I paid $20 for a shitty DLC. I refused to buy the following DLC because I knew it was also shitty.

Then, they had another DLC, that would’ve made the game decent, but I would’ve needed to buy the previous shitty DLC in order to get the good one. My options were the $60 package for all 3 DLC or buying the two I needed individually, which also cost $60. So basically they were fucking me again for buying the first shitty DLC.

Ended up I needed to pay a total of $140 just to have a decent amount of content. Oh, and the latest DLC made previously accessible areas of the game inaccessible to people who didn’t buy DLC. Not buying the expansion made the game WORSE.

So quit the game altogether and I figured D2 would be more of the same BS, but worse, and I was right. Didn’t touch it!

• Upvote (+1) 5

The DLC killed it for me.  All I wanted was more solo missions and they gave me an hour and half for $20.  Feels bad man. 

I thought taking a 6 month break from Halo would maybe make me like the game.

Boy, I was wrong.

PLAY

MCC

CE

IT'S

THE

ONLY

WAY

TO

LIVE

Unless a newer, better, revolutionary AAA shooter ip comes out right?

:^)

Yeah, wake me when that happens.

• Upvote (+1) 2