CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If Halo 6 isn't a classic Halo game I would be shocked if it sold better than Halo 5.

dw, according to 343 it will sell better than halo 3 and halo 2 combined obviously. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

u guys seen this???

With him leaving with that hashtag... Could that possibly mean he's not happy with the direction 343 are taking halo in the future?

I mean, it seems like it.

Pack it up guys, time to switch Halo off of life support. It's finished.

• Upvote (+1) 4

u guys seen this???

With him leaving with that hashtag... Could that possibly mean he's not happy with the direction 343 are taking halo in the future?

I mean, it seems like it.

So, I guess him being promoted didn't mean jack shit?

dw, according to 343 it will sell better than halo 3 and halo 2 combined obviously. 

And it will have the highest number of active players than any Halo game since Halo 3!

I guess the good part of not playing Halo as much is that I'm over 9,000 words into my first novel in less than a week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess the good part of not playing Halo as much is that I'm over 9,000 words into my first novel in less than a week.

But just imagine if you had spent that time on writing over 9,000 words about how to fix Halo. Think of the impact you could have made

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

But just imagine if you had spent that time on writing over 9,000 words about how to fix Halo. Think of the impact you could have made

:kappa:

probably angered some r/halo folk because it would be proof that he hates Halo and wants it to die. Which is why he spent hours and days writing a 9000 word essay on how to fix it.

Because he hates Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yet, 343 caters more to the crowd that buys Halo, plays it for a few months until the next CoD comes out, and never comes back. It's pretty evident based on the population decline.

I swear if the first Halo 6 trailer we see shows sprint and other Spartan abilities I'm just going to laugh. It'll be the final nail in the coffin, and Halo will remain to be a joke to the vast gaming community. Everyone already sees Halo as no longer being a system seller.

I know myself, I will buy the stupid game for the campaign alone and because it will be on PC this time around. But if it was still on console only and the trailer had Sprint and Spartan abilities, I honestly think I would not buy the game, maybe just rent it to beat the campaign.  I really don't want to give 343 another dime.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know myself, I will buy the stupid game for the campaign alone and because it will be on PC this time around. But if it was still on console only and the trailer had Sprint and Spartan abilities, I honestly think I would not buy the game, maybe just rent it to beat the campaign.  I really don't want to give 343 another dime.  

So don't. Have some respect for yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yet, 343 caters more to the crowd that buys Halo, plays it for a few months until the next CoD comes out, and never comes back. It's pretty evident based on the population decline.

Remember when we all had spirited arguments about Halo 5's population? 

Good times. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Watch 'let's play' videos on youtube to save money.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember much more spirited debates over 4s population.

Oh yeah? The Reach population debates were ten times as heated!

• Upvote (+1) 3

9,000 words in less than a week is a lot for me. I tend to write something like 5,000 words every month, and whenever I start writing I forget what I wrote last time.

I swear if the first Halo 6 trailer we see shows sprint and other Spartan abilities I'm just going to laugh. It'll be the final nail in the coffin, and Halo will remain to be a joke to the vast gaming community. Everyone already sees Halo as no longer being a system seller.

Pfft! Nail in the coffin? Halo is being flogged, on a scaffold, by an executioner, with everyone watching. It's gotten worse than just nails. If Halo 6 has Spartan Abilities that'll be the gasoline and lighter in the coffin.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh yeah? The Reach population debates were ten times as heated!

except those debates could basically be boiled down to "this game is dead because everyone in the world isn't playing it."
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 5 has the best player retention of any game in the series though!

According to Frankie, who hast never told a lie in his life.

Highest Player Retention in the Lowest Selling mainline Halo game! 

• Upvote (+1) 9

A little off topic, but I was going on a nostalgic trip and remembered when a map I designed got featured on some obscure Forge map channel. I miss having the motivation to build maps. Granted, I wasn't the greatest map designer, but goddamnit I was proud of it.

Feast your eyes. I originally made this map in Reach, but I remade it in 4 and H2A. Since its on my old, banned account, I sadly can't retrieve the map anymore, so this is all have left.

• Upvote (+1) 4