CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

And C.E. is the "This is what Halo should play like" game.  They should borrow from each other's good qualities and become H6.  Haha RIP.  

A combination of Halo CE's gameplay AND art, and some of Halo 3's art is the way to go. Halo 3's art style was nearly spot on, aside from the Grunts, Brutes, and Elites, and maybe even the Marines (though it would be better than the Marine design in CE).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can see why a lot of people would prefer Halo 3 over Reach as what a "Halo should look like".

I just prefer Reach. Reach didn't do a good job of getting a lot of color and variety in maps. Its not really about that for me though. I just prefer the art style, its gritty dark tones are what I like.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 3 style for Master Chief main story games and Reach's style for spin-off titles. Seems perfect to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aka, we don't know what we fucked up so instead of actually fixing the performance we're just going to fuck with the lighting quality again.

That's what they've done the last 2 times they said they were "improving" forge performance.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hotfixes includes removal of random BR spread but implements changes to vertical recoil.

That leaves us, what.... 6 months? Before they add random spread back in?

That leaves us, what.... 6 months? Before they add random spread back in?

I don't know man, that seems awfully quick. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the same kill times showed in the chart for the BR, but we'll be able to clean up are kills better. It still bothers me they haven't looked at any of the other weapons yet like the SR and LR. 

Moved the weapon model slightly closer to the player when zoomed to provide a clearer view

It'll be interesting to see what that looks like.

Oh awesome. Now we need to counter recoil while tracking a strafing enemy that can launch themselves in any direction at the press of a button.

Well fucking Done.

"we need sprint because i want to feel like a spartan in multiplayer"

"the br needs recoil to keep it balanced"

Surely Super soldiers would not be affected by recoil. You know. Super Soldiers with Power armour.....

Fuck 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some quick testing. The rate of fire seems to be similar to original BR. The zoomed vertical recoil spread is about half of the unzoomed recoil and crouching doesn't make a difference with the zoomed/unzoomed vertical spread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some quick testing. The rate of fire seems to be similar to original BR. The zoomed vertical recoil spread is about half of the unzoomed recoil and crouching doesn't make a difference with the zoomed/unzoomed vertical spread.

Can you record a 30 second video?

Recoil in Halo

Brought to you by the same company that nerfed the shit out of the gunfighter magnum by giving it fucking ridiculous amounts of recoil but left the Storm Rifle untouched.

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

Someone telling me that Halo 5's BR recoil is fine because there was recoil in Halo 2 3 BR. I don't think so kiddo.

Can you record a 30 second video?

Here you go. Was in a bit of a hurry so just got basic stuff.

Link

• Upvote (+1) 2

people relax.  the recoil needs to be adjusted for by aiming a little lower the further out you are shooting.  The gun returns to center after each burst.  Its not like the gunfighter. You don't have to "fight it" to get back to its original position.

• Upvote (+1) 5

people relax.  the recoil needs to be adjusted for by aiming a little lower the further out you are shooting.  The gun returns to center after each burst.  Its not like the gunfighter. You don't have to "fight it" to get back to its original position.

Ah so its slightly less shit then it could be. Everything is fine then.

They should've just tweaked the magnum until it was just right, instead of nerfing everything else. I'm no game designer, but tweaking one weapon would've been easier than tweaking many.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ah so its slightly less shit then it could be. Everything is fine then.

They should've just tweaked the magnum until it was just right, instead of nerfing everything else. I'm no game designer, but tweaking one weapon would've been easier than tweaking many.

Or they could not have some goofy multi-zone variable aim assist system that makes weapons feel completely different at different ranges and not use said goofy system to create unnecessary niches for redundant weapons in an effort to approximate meaningful variety that their sandbox does not have. Oh, wait. This is an console FPS.

​Buff the magnum. Reduce bullet magnetism universally. Pretend the storm rifle and BPR never happened. Done.

• Upvote (+1) 7

A year-in-review live stream is tomorrow.

This Thursday, Dec. 14 at 3PM PT, we’ll be hitting the airwaves with a small celebratory Livestream to recap another crazy year in Halo. We’ll be giving a bit of year-in-review, talking about some of our favorite things, dangerously skirting professional protocols, and overall having a great time chatting Halo with you fine folks. Join us at mixer.com/halo for both the broadcast and a fun Community Playdate immediately after. See you then!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/holiday-fixins