CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Edit: I got a bunch of FFA games using the custom browser. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. It was nice. I immediately adjusted to it.

Interestingly, I went into HCS MM afterwards and it felt like i was playing in quicksand.

Glad to hear it- I tried a bit earlier in the evening but only had one person join after 30 min.  Unfortunately, the friends list is pretty barren now.

Glad to hear it- I tried a bit earlier in the evening but only had one person join after 30 min. Unfortunately, the friends list is pretty barren now.

Just change the map thumbnail to castle wars. Boom, full lobby

• Upvote (+1) 4

Greenskulls quote from the end of his open letter to 343 was pretty good.

"We aren't bored of Halo, we're bored of trying to figure out what Halo is."

• Upvote (+1) 8

Glad to hear it- I tried a bit earlier in the evening but only had one person join after 30 min. Unfortunately, the friends list is pretty barren now.

Ive been playing FFA all day, been getting full lobbies instantly.

I have no interest in playing MM anymore.

When you have Greenskull saying anything remotely negative about Halo you know you've fucked up.

I love that now a bunch of people of reddit are saying that Halo 5 is actually too competitive so we should ignore the pro's because they don't care about the casuals.

Well...

1) The pro's in the video wanted more control over the HCS playlist so they could make it better and more enjoyable for them, not for everything to be for them.

2) The pro's think the game's current settings are too casual. When the casuals think its too competitive and the competitors think its to casual, then clearly the settings are shit because no one likes them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Greenskulls quote from the end of his open letter to 343 was pretty good.

"We aren't bored of Halo, we're bored of trying to figure out what Halo is."

But we know exactly what Halo is.

343 is mentally and physically incapable of delivering it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading r/halo is just awful right now. "Less competitive, more casual", "balance between casual and competitive", "Halo 5 was too competitive", etc etc, as if the terms "competitive" or "casual" mean anything concrete at all. There's a few people trying to be specific about what can be improved with the game, and then there's everyone else basically just turning their feelings into word vomit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So Greenskull, the guy who openly insulted the competitive community and said that they were the ones "killing Halo", blamed Netflix for people not playing the Halo 5 beta as much as the Halo 3 beta, and made the "I love 343" rap video said a negative thing about Halo?

Lol 343 really is fucking up. Though if Greenskull ever see the slightest chance of him getting a job there, he'll go full "yes" man for 343 as usual.

• Upvote (+1) 5

For those of you that don't know: 343i basically removed BTB from the game with the last patch. It will get players in the lobby, but then goes full MCC and kicks everyone out one by one instead of loading the map.

#HaloIn2017

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those of you that don't know: 343i basically removed BTB from the game with the last patch. It will get players in the lobby, but then goes full MCC and kicks everyone out one by one instead of loading the map.

#HaloIn2017

its STILL doing that?  I haven't played BTB since we were playing a couple weeks ago damn.

So Greenskull, the guy who openly insulted the competitive community and said that they were the ones "killing Halo", blamed Netflix for people not playing the Halo 5 beta as much as the Halo 3 beta, and made the "I love 343" rap video said a negative thing about Halo?

Lol 343 really is fucking up. Though if Greenskull ever see the slightest chance of him getting a job there, he'll go full "yes" man for 343 as usual.

im not even sure if his statement is true though. Like I get the "tired" part but it's not of constantly trying to define what halo is. We know what halo is, we're tired of seeing it pointlessly redefined.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

its STILL doing that?  I haven't played BTB since we were playing a couple weeks ago damn.

Menke said they were looking into it, but haven't heard anything since then.

im not even sure if his statement is true though. Like I get the "tired" part but it's not of constantly trying to define what halo is. We know what halo is, we're tired of seeing it pointlessly redefined.

I like to think its more of a "Hurry the fuck up 343 and make up your god damn mind with what the fuck you're doing here so we know if we should stick around"

Reading r/halo is just awful right now. "Less competitive, more casual", "balance between casual and competitive", "Halo 5 was too competitive"

This is r-tarded. Competitive Halo fans hate Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The claims of H5 being too competive conflate game mechanics with matchmaking. What casuals really mean when they say a game like Halo is too competitive is that they’re tired of getting their bottom kicked. That’s a matchmaking issue, not a mechanics issue. Imagine being a high school basketball team and getting matched against an NBA team, and then complaining that the basket is too high and there are too few balls in the court. The problem w 343’s Halo games is that the populations drop so fast and so dramatically that matchmaking goes to H in a hurry. Then everyone whines about the mechanics. 343’s challenge is to check their egos and make a Halo game - they have this way of focusing on having all these features “that every modern shooter MUST have” but then they end up making a game that’s just not that fun. I have to say it’s easier said than done though - look at the train wreck that is Destiny 2. If even Bungie can’t nail their fan base...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah when we played it was one of of two or three games, now it's EVERY game and there's no fix in sight. Lol this company.

This is r-tarded. Competitive Halo fans hate Halo 5.

I've said it before, but the compressed skill gap, super lag comp console game net code, "everything is viable" weapon balance, and cluster fuck movement all combine to create a game that is more hectic and stressful than any Halo game prior. A bunch of power rangers flying/butt-sliding around like morons. One shot after nearly every fight. Mini-nuke fucking frag grenades with hit markers and a blast radius larger than a rocket that people spam constantly. Ranking system generally making life hell if you don't play with a 4 man stack. Casuals mistake this for being hyper competitive, because they don't know any better.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why you guys need BTB?  Warzone is obviously 10x bigger and more epic.  Pshh.  You guys just can't be sustained. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point my only hope is that 343 goes full casual mode for Halo 6 and accidentally creates a competitive masterpiece. Given what I've seen so far, that's actually a much more appealing prospect than them attempting to actually create a competitive game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

At this point my only hope is that 343 goes full casual mode for Halo 6 and accidentally creates a competitive masterpiece. Given what I've seen so far, that's actually a much more appealing prospect than them attempting to actually create a competitive game. 

343's best chance for creating anything good is by trying their best to do something awful and failing

• Upvote (+1) 4

TIL: You know in Silent Cartographer when you drive around the island. Turns out at the end of Halo 3 the Warthog run takes place on that same island (When it is being built!)

UaksNqeDmwkSJzMnUAx_42tv4YSf_9XUOrt2nehr

That's an incredible detail from Bungie.

Meanwhile in 343's Halo 5, the ending has you hold left stick forward along a straight path with no sense of danger or excitement as you get pushed down (to 'near death' smh) only to be fine in the campaign mere seconds later.

And this artistic masterpiece.

KZsObxF.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7