CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Its Triple AAA 2017 as fuck!" ~ Employee 2

I believe this to be a genuine decision making argument at 343 meetings.

Has anyone seen the victory celebration thread on r/halo?

I love how some people act offended on 343's behalf like there should only be one opinion (good or bad) and if there's two or more, 343 "can't win". Cool, a lot of people hated it before and now there's a thread where the people who do like it can upvote and comment that they like it. For fucks sake, I'm not saying you can't be frustrated with the subreddit, but I hate how some people act like it's always us being assholes and 343 is always the victim, when in reality they don't fucking care if there are two sides to this dumb celebration shit. 

The 343 apologists on r/halo always manage to blow my mind with their mental gymnastics. It's gotten better though in the last year or so with a lot of anti-343 people coming in.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The thread about another High Profile player threatening to quit is just as bad. Our boy reiku78 saying 343 needs to stop listening to pros because its damaging the game. Bitch please the games damaged because 343 don't listen to anyone.

343 needs to listen to me.  I could get them going in the right direction. 

First, they need more REQs. Tons and tons of REQs.  
Then, they need more spartan abilities.  They also need three different version of sprint.  Each version would be dependent upon which Spartan champion you have selected of course. 

Then, they need ultimate spartan abilities.  I think Boyo could help flesh these out. Ultimates are not my specialty.

Lastly, they are gonna need a new Battle Royal Warzone mode with REQs fully integrated. 

They just need to listen to me.  I got this.    

• Upvote (+1) 4

Then, they need more spartan abilities.  They also need three different version of sprint.  Each version would be dependent upon which Spartan champion you have selected of course. 

Then, they need ultimate spartan abilities.  I think Boyo could help flesh these out. Ultimates are not my specialty.

Lastly, they are gonna need a new Battle Royal Warzone mode with REQs fully integrated. 

Perfect, but you have to make it fair. The first ultimate should be unlocked at SR152, and the next ones later on.

Alternatively, you can purchase the abilities for $10 each

• Upvote (+1) 2

Perfect, but you have to make it fair. The first ultimate should be unlocked at SR152, and the next ones later on.

Alternatively, you can purchase the abilities for $10 each

As long as i KNOW what i am getting when i buy the abilities, thats GREAT and a real step forward for Microtransaction!! none of this loot crate business amirite? lulz

You joke about these but do you remember Halo 4. Bloody Perks based on which specialization you chose. We were a mere 343ism away from those.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You joke about these but do you remember Halo 4. Bloody Perks based on which specialization you chose. We were a mere 343ism away from those.

I don't really remember Halo 4 because it scarred me for life and I block out those memories. I stopped playing it after like a month.  It was so bad and hurt my ears. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't really remember Halo 4 because it scarred me for life and I block out those memories. I stopped playing it after like a month.  It was so bad and hurt my ears. 

I remember the first thing my friend said to me after he got Halo 4 and finished a few missions was "What the fuck have they done to the Warthog sound?". lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I remember about H4 is that the sound of a body hitting the floor had more impact than 90% of the guns. And everything was distorted and clipped to hell and back (this also applies to H5 but not quite as bad).

The only moment of H4 that stuck with me is being mesmerized by the sheer scale of the Forerunner towers. In that one moment I felt like a kid again walking out of the life pod in CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only remember the first and last missions of h4, almost everything else is a blur.

I also remember an early cutscene where the Didact grabs chief with the Force, but doesn't for some reason doesnt try to kill him. I had no clue who this guy was supposed to be, and really didn't understand his motives until several years later when i read some books.

I only remember the first and last missions of h4, almost everything else is a blur.

I also remember an early cutscene where the Didact grabs chief with the Force, but doesn't for some reason doesnt try to kill him. I had no clue who this guy was supposed to be, and really didn't understand his motives until several years later when i read some books.

It's been said a million times but Halo 4 has a terrible campaign. If the motives of the main villain aren't explained within the media they are introduced, that's not good.

It's been said a million times but Halo 4 has a terrible campaign. If the motives of the main villain aren't explained within the media they are introduced, that's not good.

It was so weird to me because they kinda explained his motives in the Librarian cutscene, but at the same time, they dropped like a million years worth of pertinent plot into a 5 minute cutscene.

It was utterly confusing

It was so weird to me because they kinda explained his motives in the Librarian cutscene, but at the same time, they dropped like a million years worth of pertinent plot into a 5 minute cutscene.

It was utterly confusing

Yeah i had to read like 3 different wiki's to figure out what the fuck that cutscene was about.  i'm still not sure i understand but have basically said, "fuck it" at this point

H4 had some awesome cutscenes though. Like, actual good acting and tension. That, and the set pieces were really pretty, just like with 5. The problem was the gameplay was repetitive and the villain made no sense.

The only thing I remember distinctively from Halo 4 was the music. I've heard a lot of criticisms about about it but I don't get the hate for the OST.

117 and To Galaxy were lit.

The only thing I remember distinctively from Halo 4 was the music. I've heard a lot of criticisms about about it but I don't get the hate for the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIJV8XrCEI

They strike me as the generic 4 chord repetitive soundtrack with eventual key change that every Hollywood movie has. Nothing about it sounded anything like Halo to me. I couldn't hum a single melody from the Halo 4 soundtrack off the top of my head.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They strike me as the generic 4 chord repetitive soundtrack with eventual key change that every Hollywood movie has. Nothing about it sounded anything like Halo to me. I couldn't hum a single melody from the Halo 4 soundtrack off the top of my head.

It had few decent tracks imo, mostly the ones done by Kazuma. The pieces by Davidge didn't sound anything like Halo as you said. Very lack luster, especially when the game had no big epic moments other than maybe the last level.

In general 343 news, Jeremy Cook is their new art director. He was previously the Halo Wars 2 art director.

See I listen to that and go "Yeah. That's not bad. I like that."

Then I listen to Halo 2 soundtrack and think "This is fucking amazing." and forget the Halo 4 OST ever existed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, yeah. The problem is that there are basically two memorable new tracks in the entire score, 117 being Jinnouchi's biggest contribution (he is, frankly, a better composer than Davidge) and To Galaxy being one of the few times in the entire soundtrack where Davidge wrote something that vaguely resembled the style of Marty and Michael. He still managed to make it sound more like a modern, "heroic" film score as popularized by Han Zimmer than anything else. Really, his best track is probably Green and Blue, but the majority of the OST is completely forgettable.

Yet another way in which 343 tried to leave their mark on the franchise by making it barely resemble previous games. Funnily enough, the two mobile twin stick shooters have soundtracks far more in-line with the Bungie era games, courtesy of Tom Salta.