CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why are the spartan animations like 30fps on this game?

343 industries.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are the spartan animations like 15fps on this game?

FTFY

Pretty sure the far away animations for enemies and Spartans alike are literally 10-15 fps. I think Angry Joe even laughed about them in his review.

https://youtu.be/vZtR_5OWydY?t=3m

hahaha....hahaha

• Upvote (+1) 6

One of many concessions they made to mostly maintain 60fps with obnoxious, overly detailed, faux ultra console game graphics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FTFY

Pretty sure the far away animations for enemies and Spartans alike are literally 10-15 fps. I think Angry Joe even laughed about them in his review.

https://youtu.be/vZtR_5OWydY?t=3m

hahaha....hahaha

Can't believe I hadn't seen that video before. It's spot on and confirms exactly what I've been saying for the last two years. H5 looks objectively worse than H2A and also MCC H3 and H4. It finally looks decent now that it's being played on a 10x stronger console, but I would bet a good amount of money that the MCC Xbox One X version will look even better than H5 on the One X.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is the best looking Halo game. Fite me.

I don't think many people would disagree with that here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

a cha duh!!

H3 art style with H2A type visual upgrades and Reach death animations. dooo ittttt

Set up my 360 for Thanksgiving and played a game of Reach FFA. I matched with players a lot faster than I do in H5. How sad is that, lol. They turned the player counters off so I don't know how many were actually playing. The downside was my controller felt like shit and bloom is still fucking awful.

Set up my 360 for Thanksgiving and played a game of Reach FFA. I matched with players a lot faster than I do in H5. How sad is that, lol. They turned the player counters off so I don't know how many were actually playing. The downside was my controller felt like shit and bloom is still fucking awful.

The player counter isn't supposed to be off. It's just broken, and they're too lazy to fix it.

Usually around 5-10k at any time. No idea what causes Reach's population counter to break for months at a time, it only ever started happening after 343 took over in 2012.

Usually around 5-10k at any time. No idea what causes Reach's population counter to break for months at a time, it only ever started happening after 343 took over in 2012.

If only H5 had a population counter. In that case, I would know what playlists were dead (ex: WZFF) so I wouldn't waste my time.

edit: Not WZFF, but Warzone Assault.

If only H5 had a population counter. In that case, I would know what playlists were dead (ex: WZFF) so I wouldn't waste my time.

WZFF is probably the most populated list in the game.

WZFF is probably the most populated list in the game.

And since it's PvE you don't need to worry about mm parameters other than connection

• Upvote (+1) 1

Name a time and a place then. I bet you kiss Lord Hood fag1t.

H2A is the best looking. Bright and colourful like a Halo game should be, while still retaining a militaristic look for Soldiers, weapons and equipment. Nothing in it looks fucking stupid. Like Lord Hood in H3 for example. y is his face melting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way I look at the games visually:

CE CEA H2A Reach > H3 > H2 > The5 The4

I just can't decide between the top four because they all have their unique strengths and weaknesses.

-Reach does it's own thing separate from the other games very well, environments are a bit bland but models are amazing for the most part.

-Ce looks great in it's simplicity, it has the right amount of color and also very good lighting effects for it's time.  Spartans actually look like their armor is metallic, surfaces are neither too dull nor too shiny.

-CEA takes a few too many liberties in some areas, but overall feels like a faithful albeit more cartoony and enhanced Ce with some elements from the other games.

-H2A is also colorful in a good way, but could do without the promethean shit, and there's only so much you can polish Halo 2.

Vanilla Halo 2 looks like ass.  The colors are far too dirty and washed out, and the level of texture and polygon detail falls in the uncanny valley between old school and modern.  Reach takes the same gritty concept and actually executes it well.

Halo 3 is an improvement over Halo 2 and is overall a good looking game, but it's far from my favorite and still falls in that uncanny valley for me.  Lord Hood is a good example.

343i's games have tons of ridiculous designs and don't even look like Halo, and as for level of detail they aren't really special in that department either.  Automatically at the bottom.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why does every map have obnoxious geometry that gets you stuck everywhere? Yesterday I died because I got stuck on a fucking tree root on overgrowth. Same thing with a tiny little lip on Eden. Why is there a curb top snipe on coli? WHY!?!?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why does every map have obnoxious geometry that gets you stuck everywhere? Yesterday I died because I got stuck on a fucking tree root on overgrowth. Same thing with a tiny little lip on Eden. Why is there a curb top snipe on coli? WHY!?!?

Halo 5 : Toe Stubbing Simulator

These things are even present in the campaign lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach looks better, but we ain't gotta fight.

I like how Reach looks, I just hate that weird blur effect it has.

• Upvote (+1) 3