CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because it slows down your movement. It makes your aim more steady and also makes it easier to kill people when they are ADSing. H5 doesn't slow down your movement when ADSing outside of stabilize though, so you're right that it's a straight downgrade from traditional zooming.

Another plus, traditional games that have ADS don’t have descope

Another plus, traditional games that have ADS don’t have descope

And games with traditional ADS tend to have faster kill times so the loss of mobility is short lived and less consequential.

ADS in halo is another instance of "change for the sake of change".  Like.... why? And of course the "Because its what people expect" answer is dumb. But its the only answer that can be given honestly. that and #Immersion.  Both answers are idiotic.

People don't play halo to play the same game they "expect" from other franchises.  They play halo to play halo.  there was never anything wrong with the way that zoom was handled through the first 4 games, but decided to change it to 100% CoD in Halo 4, and only walk it back half way for Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Suprise Suprise, 343 again proven incompetent when it comes to story writing. "Now Reed is gone its going to get better!" smh.

People praise Halo 4's story for some reason, but its shit. The only impact it had was "Chief lost twice, Cortana Died and the Didact actually achieved a badguy thing unlike any other villain in Halo so far, making him super dangerous", both of which don't matter anymore because Cortana came back as a badguy and the Didact got killed in a shitty comic book. This isn't even counting the fact that none of the story makes any sense to anyone who hasn't read the forerunner saga. Like who the fuck is bald alien dude who looks like he got skinned. Why the fuck is the first thing he tries to do is kill humanity. Who's the other blue bitch that touched chief inappropriately. None of this shit is explained in the game, and they are all super important to the actual story. Oh yeah such good best Halo story!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Suprise Suprise, 343 again proven incompetent when it comes to story writing. "Now Reed is gone its going to get better!" smh.

People praise Halo 4's story for some reason, but its shit. The only impact it had was "Chief lost twice, Cortana Died and the Didact actually achieved a badguy thing unlike any other villain in Halo so far, making him super dangerous", both of which don't matter anymore because Cortana came back as a badguy and the Didact got killed in a shitty comic book. This isn't even counting the fact that none of the story makes any sense to anyone who hasn't read the forerunner saga. Like who the fuck is bald alien dude who looks like he got skinned. Why the fuck is the first thing he tries to do is kill humanity. Who's the other blue bitch that touched chief inappropriately. None of this shit is explained in the game, and they are all super important to the actual story. Oh yeah such good best Halo story!

Halo 4’s story IS all explained in game

via hidden termals that most people never accessed

• Upvote (+1) 1

via hidden termals that most people never accessed

That weren't even viewable in game. Had to go to the Halo Channel app and that thing was really slow and unreliable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That weren't even viewable in game. Had to go to the Halo Channel app and that thing was really slow and unreliable.

That was an MCC-exclusive feature. Seems like an even better decision after they completely ditched the Halo Channel idea, too.

It is a good story, it's just only good to people who actually slogged through 8 terminals and an entire book trilogy. Why they decided to drop EVERY SINGLE PLOT POINT leading into Halo 5 is baffling. 

H5 is just one "patch" away from becoming MCC levels of broken. One of the worst running console shooters of the last decade.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ranking on the oddball HCS playlist right now is absurd.  Placed G6 on my main that I strictly play with teammates, and G2 on my alt that I play solo.

It's so clearly a mix of people who've been gold since the game came out, and people who have never been in gold before, and the games play terribly because huge disparity in individual skill levels.

Also, despite the fact that there's a marker on the guy who has the ball constantly, I'm 99% sure there are people who still don't realize that this a ball playlist, and not a "Get into bad 2v1s on the other side of the map" playlist.

The ranking on the oddball HCS playlist right now is absurd. Placed G6 on my main that I strictly play with teammates, and G2 on my alt that I play solo.

It's so clearly a mix of people who've been gold since the game came out, and people who have never been in gold before, and the games play terribly because huge disparity in individual skill levels.

Also, despite the fact that there's a marker on the guy who has the ball constantly, I'm 99% sure there are people who still don't realize that this a ball playlist, and not a "Get into bad 2v1s on the other side of the map" playlist.

I've never been more frustrated with this games MM.

I've been backpacking like crazy, which is scary, because I'm not very good, but i can't get teammates who even try to make a play on the ball.

So either they ignore the ball carrier or they all just sprint in and get multikilled by the ball carrier...

I'll be stuck in gold forever

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ranking on the oddball HCS playlist right now is absurd.  Placed G6 on my main that I strictly play with teammates, and G2 on my alt that I play solo.

Jimbo got placed Plat in all playlists this season. It's fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

haha thats hilarious.

They try to intentionally place you like 15 games behind your true rank (still not sure why).  It takes way more than 15 games to get from Plat to champ haha.

There were too many people in Onyx, but they clearly overcorrected.

I will be trying to play the oddball playlist so any other golds-not-golds that want to run hmu.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tbh I can't really get a handle on what in the actual fuck their ranking system does atm. I have multiple smurf accounts and at this point I have 2 diamonds and 3 plats and all I can really think of is that I matched up against "better" players at some point in placement two out of three times even though one of the diamonds just spent 10 games smashing gold ranked players and a couple of silvers. That's not even getting into where many plat and even gold players are A LOT better than some diamond and even onyx players I've been matching. I guess maybe its a population problem but it honestly feels like gold through diamond are a crap shoot as far as placements go

I used to think people who send 3 invites in a row are a bunch of attention-seeking idiots with ADHD. Turns out they're just one step ahead and know that 2/3 invites won't do jack shit in this game and there's a good chance that your entire game will freeze and force you to QTB. #just343things

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never been more frustrated with this games MM.

I've been backpacking like crazy, which is scary, because I'm not very good, but i can't get teammates who even try to make a play on the ball.

So either they ignore the ball carrier or they all just sprint in and get multikilled by the ball carrier...

I'll be stuck in gold forever

If only you had some good team mates who just bait the ball and finish with 0 ball time and a majestic KDA.

:simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ranking has been messed up for a few months now. I've been champ/high onyx every season except the first since the game released. Something was adjusted back in the spring, and it seems that a lot of people from the higher tiers place into mid-high Plat now. Like you said, though, it's such a mixture of players that are Platinum along with higher skilled players. Matches end up having crazy stat lines and blowouts.

If only you had some good team mates who just bait the ball and finish with 0 ball time and a majestic KDA.

:simms:

Lol I wish that was what I've been dealing with.

I think people are TRYING to boost their kda but get merked the instant opponents cone off spawn.

Meanwhile I'm leading the team in kills and time held... It's not like the ball is the best weapon on the map out anything... :kappa:

haha thats hilarious.

They try to intentionally place you like 15 games behind your true rank (still not sure why).  It takes way more than 15 games to get from Plat to champ haha.

There were too many people in Onyx, but they clearly overcorrected.

I will be trying to play the oddball playlist so any other golds-not-golds that want to run hmu.

I'm in. I can play later today/tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, if you guys play today, can I join in?

Hit me up on here or xbox (GT is Arkham). I'd love to run with a team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, if you guys play today, can I join in?

Hit me up on here or xbox (GT is Arkham). I'd love to run with a team.

Sweet.  I;ll try to play tonight. Might fall asleep on the couch though (was up most of the night with a sick kid).

Sweet.  I;ll try to play tonight. Might fall asleep on the couch though (was up most of the night with a sick kid).

Take care of your kid! It's that time of year where colds/flu goes around. Sucks big time.

Hope to play with you sometime though.

Take care of your kid! It's that time of year where colds/flu goes around. Sucks big time.

Hope to play with you sometime though.

Yeah he started pre-school a couple months ago and has been sick as often in the past 2 months as the previous 3 years combined.  Groups of kids are gross lol.