CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I’m on a UH-60 Blackhawk on my way back to Kansas from our training rotation in Louisiana. It’s been a long 3 weeks, and I’m itching to play. Hope I can get some of y’all on tonight.

I'm down

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funnest moment I ever had in H5:  All purchasing Ghosts and pushing the objective a the same time. An actual good memory from Halo 5.   

"Holy shit why is the pc version of destiny 2 so fast? On console your character is so slow! Wtf bungie?!?"

PC just has a wider FOV -______-

Lol I would love for 343 to increase the FOV to 90 or 100.  That way all the people who love sprint but have no idea what they're talking about will get the feeling they're moving just as fast as sprint.  When in reality nothing changes besides the view.  Honestly it is a good idea to trade sprint for higher FOV.  Casuals will be happy with their fast paced halo (even though speed isn't effected) and the competitive players get to enjoy halo with high FOV and no sprint.  Lmao!  Fuggin casuals.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol I would love for 343 to increase the FOV to 90 or 100. That way all the people who love sprint but have no idea what they're talking about will get the feeling they're moving just as fast as sprint. When in reality nothing changes besides the view. Honestly it is a good idea to trade sprint for higher FOV. Casuals will be happy with their fast paced halo (even though speed isn't effected) and the competitive players get to enjoy halo with high FOV and no sprint. Lmao! Fuggin casuals.

I firmly believe it’s always been about sense of speed, and not actual speed. H3 felt so slow because it had a tight ass FoV.

Now anytime clowns defend sprint, they always mention how they don’t want to go back to slow H3.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol I would love for 343 to increase the FOV to 90 or 100.  That way all the people who love sprint but have no idea what they're talking about will get the feeling they're moving just as fast as sprint.  When in reality nothing changes besides the view.  Honestly it is a good idea to trade sprint for higher FOV.  Casuals will be happy with their fast paced halo (even though speed isn't effected) and the competitive players get to enjoy halo with high FOV and no sprint.  Lmao!  Fuggin casuals.  

This would genuinely work.

This would genuinely work.

Well of course it would work. Fans of sprint aren't even capable of giving actual reasons as to why its necessary, do you honest think they understand how much effect FoV has on perceived speed?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well of course it would work. Fans of sprint aren't even capable of giving actual reasons as to why its necessary, do you honest think they understand how much effect FoV has on perceived speed?

Honestly though, as dumb as it is, the customer shouldn’t have to know how this stuff works.

The game developers know, or should know the effects of FoV on sense of speed. the fact that devs have settled on taking guns away to in order to ‘balance’ sprint, destroying maps and pacing in the process, all in the name of sense of speed is heartbreaking.

Literally, a single lines of code could make classic games feel much faster than they did, but Bungie/343 decided to break everything in order to shoehorn a trendy mechanic that simply doesn’t work with this style of game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sprint is a shitty mechanic in general that adds basically nothing of value to FPS games. It exists for two reasons: to separate movement and combat just like ADS does (which makes shooting easier) and to foster "immersion." That's why you can't just "sprint and shoot." That defeats the primary purpose of the mechanic to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Booted up the classic playlist wanting something fresh. Immediately got spartan charged in the back. Couldn't believe it.

Booted up the classic playlist wanting something fresh. Immediately got spartan charged in the back. Couldn't believe it.

This is the second time they forgot to turn off SAs. They're really doing everything in their power to make sure no one plays these classic playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If only that were the biggest problem. H1 magnum makes the playlist unplayable. Everyone is a God, powerweapons are useless.

This is the second time they forgot to turn off SAs. They're really doing everything in their power to make sure no one plays these classic playlists.

I didn't play the first playlist because of the magnum, so I was, needless to say, unpleasantly surprised.

If only that were the biggest problem. H1 magnum makes the playlist unplayable. Everyone is a God, powerweapons are useless.

Perfect kills for you, perfect kills for you, perfect kills for everyone!

I actually liked the H3 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't forget. Read the advertisements at the title screen for it. Its intentional

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't forget. Read the advertisements at the title screen for it. Its intentional

lol that's worse.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I am overwhelmed with Halo One nostalgia every time someone ground pounds a flag in on Dammy CTF.

:wutface: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't play the first playlist because of the magnum, so I was, needless to say, unpleasantly surprised.

Perfect kills for you, perfect kills for you, perfect kills for everyone!

I actually liked the H3 playlist.

Yeah i actually had fun with that list. I played on ctf match of this playlist and I was done.

I cant believe this is the CE magnum they came up with. Has anyone at 343 ever played the game?

It's so annoying because I talk about it on other forums and people are like "is exactly how I remember it".

I guess they only played against people who didnt strafe.

Yeah i actually had fun with that list. I played on ctf match of this playlist and I was done.

I cant believe this is the CE magnum they came up with. Has anyone at 343 ever played the game?

It's so annoying because I talk about it on other forums and people are like "is exactly how I remember it".

No they actually just have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. It has the same general shape. Exactly as they remember it 

I don't think they have the brains to make a gun that doesn't have massive magnetism and hit box reg. They just don't get the concept of precision. Sad world we live in. 

Random question for @@MultiLockOn and any other forgers.  

When you are creating a map, do you conceptualize on paper first for the layout, scaling etc then build it? Or take a more Tolkien-esque approach and just start building? or something different...

This has no relevance to anything, just scratching my curiosity.