CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti.

Might be overkill but I absolutely love it and was worth it for me. 1440p at high frames is not easy to push.

I also run 1440p GTX1080Ti and it was worth the cost. Battlfield at 90fps is yes/10

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like it alot. It's all I play now. It even helps shitty maps feel less shitty... except riptide- it makes riptide worse.

Mind if I get your tag? It’s high time we play together. I’m hoping to be back from this JRTC rotation (army training in Louisiana) on Friday.

Interesting note about games with bad aiming (which kinda makes this related to H5). The CoD WWII aiming on PC feels like complete and utter dog shit compared to Destiny 2. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me. Playing the two back to back I was astonished how much better D2 felt. Maybe D2 is just better optimized and runs smoother? I'm curious of other's people's experience.

Interesting note about games with bad aiming (which kinda makes this related to H5). The CoD WWII aiming on PC feels like complete and utter dog shit compared to Destiny 2. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me. Playing the two back to back I was astonished how much better D2 felt. Maybe D2 is just better optimized and runs smoother? I'm curious of other's people's experience.

The PC optimization for D2 was excellent during the beta.  I could crank it and still hit 60 FPS most of the time even on my meager R9 380 (1080p of course).

The WWII beta had all kinds of hitching and tearing for me.  Had to turn it down to medium.  Aiming felt ok though when things were running more smoothly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oddball HCS isn't working... the spamfighter magnum is too.. well... spammy, but, ok it's good to try new things. The biggest problems are the maps; they're  too easy to set up choke points and camp.

"Buy the Xbox One X to get priority support and smooth access to all UI features."

-343i, probably.

We need a full PC release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The last few CoD games have had pretty bad mouse support. WW2 felt fine to me although not the best in the world. It's better with a lower DPI, higher in-game sens if that's what you're going for. I know the last few CoD games have had a really weird issue when the framerate wasn't 100% stable, the mouse felt bad. Also, felt much better setting the mouse to 500hz instead of 1000hz for whatever reason.

Edit: Side-note, the new game ready drivers that came out today increase D2's performance by quite a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The last few CoD games have had pretty bad mouse support. WW2 felt fine to me although not the best in the world. It's better with a lower DPI, higher in-game sens if that's what you're going for. I know the last few CoD games have had a really weird issue when the framerate wasn't 100% stable, the mouse felt bad. Also, felt much better setting the mouse to 500hz instead of 1000hz for whatever reason.

Edit: Side-note, the new game ready drivers that came out today increase D2's performance by quite a bit.

I am actually already really impressed with how well D2 runs on PC. For Bungie's first PC game in I don't know how long, color me actually shocked with how well it runs and how freaking buttery smooth the aiming feels. Glad to hear it's getting even better!

Can't wait to play some more  ̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶  lairs.

We need a full PC release.

I'd play some HCS Oddball if H5F had multiplayer matchmaking....

Seems stupid we only get forge and custom games.  I really don't see the excuse at this point. 

I'd play some HCS Oddball if H5F had multiplayer matchmaking....

Seems stupid we only get forge and custom games.  I really don't see the excuse at this point. 

"We put Halo 5 on PC and didn't see the population numbers we were hoping, so for Halo 6 we chose to focus on the Xbox One."

-343 probably

• Upvote (+1) 1

"We put Halo 5 on PC and didn't see the population numbers we were hoping, so for Halo 6 we chose to focus on the Xbox One."

-343 probably

Don't make me so depressed man. That is so 343 logic. 

Very similar to the logic:

"We put in a Classic playlist and didn't see the population numbers we were hoping to see, so for Halo 6 we chose to focus on the creating more and more Sprint based Spartan Abilities."
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So, I'm baffled. Have been for a long time, today.

343i put in that SLICK (HaHAA) BR/GF starts Oddball playlist. But... Then remove the premiere competitive HCS playlist while keeping the absolutely garbage and irrelevant Team Arena playlist around. What the hell was up with that decision? Do they not realize that people want to play HCS stuff. Did they not realize that their Arena playlist has been irrelevant for the better part of a year and would be the better option for replacement? Why wasn't that removed when HCS even became a thing? Why not just add HCS Oddball as a Proving Grounds type thing. What is with this company's playlist management?

Oh, also, the new camo buff makes CE's playlist unbearable. It was already hard seeing people on busy ass surfaces. It's ironically overly difficult to see people on super simplified surfaces with harsh lighting.

I now fear any map with camo because it's going to be free kill/movement central for whoever gets it. Love powerups that baby you.

You’re picking at scabs, friend.

I can imagine.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't make me so depressed man. That is so 343 logic.

Very similar to the logic:

"We put in a Classic playlist and didn't see the population numbers we were hoping to see, so for Halo 6 we chose to focus on the creating more and more Sprint based Spartan Abilities."

Jokes on them H3 throwback and CE Anniversary playlist s have been popular

I was kind of excited for thr CE Throwback playlist l, but quickly realized that they forgot to turn off SAs again and the "Halo Juan Pistol" is still this very unfunny parody of the real thing. No thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the HCS playlist comes back for real, i really just want them to swap Team Arena and HCS on the list and see what happens....

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy shit, hang on. Maybe 343 introduced a lot more Spartan characters in the Halo 5 campaign so they can have enough heroes in the Halo 6 multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Holy shit why is the pc version of destiny 2 so fast? On console your character is so slow! Wtf bungie?!?"

PC just has a wider FOV -______-

Holy shit, hang on. Maybe 343 introduced a lot more Spartan characters in the Halo 5 campaign so they can have enough heroes in the Halo 6 multiplayer.

Exactly. All part of the plan. Halo 6: Champions. The light is green.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Exactly. All part of the plan. Halo 6: Champions. The light is green.

Expansion 1: Battle Royale Mode. 

I’m on a UH-60 Blackhawk on my way back to Kansas from our training rotation in Louisiana. It’s been a long 3 weeks, and I’m itching to play. Hope I can get some of y’all on tonight.