CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

For people playing on the X, is the frame rate better? Especially on forge maps.

It's bad for everyone at the moment.

Not sure that buying a console that's less powerful than my PC for $400 is the smartest thing to do. Especially when all the exclusives I care about blow massive cock.

The Xbox One X costs less than my GPU so I can't comment on that. Lol 

Not sure that buying a console that's less powerful than my PC for $400 is the smartest thing to do. Especially when all the exclusives I care about blow massive cock.

$400 pc isnt even beating the ps4 pro

For people playing on the X, is the frame rate better? Especially on forge maps.

I can't even load H5 anymore. I can't get past the Microsoft Studios logo at the beginning. Not that I really care, I have 0 desire to play anyways.

Thoughts on the Oddball playlist? I still have about a week to go before I can play.

I like it alot. It's all I play now. It even helps shitty maps feel less shitty... except riptide- it makes riptide worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I enjoy it, but I wish there were more and most importantly better maps. Just delete Riptide and Overgrowth from the game already.

I really like Oddball because in case it's another blowout game (shoutout to H5s afk and quitter epidemic coupled with no party restrictions) the game ends fairly quickly especially when compared to Slayer.

I can see Plaza, Eden Empire and maybe the Rig working for HCS. I reeeeally hope Oddball makes it into the rotation, I'd say pretty much everyone is tired of the current map/gametype rotation at this point.

I can't even load H5 anymore. I can't get past the Microsoft Studios logo at the beginning. Not that I really care, I have 0 desire to play anyways.

This happened to me when I copied it to and from my external HDD.

Had to completely reinstall it from the store to get it working. Even with a good connection a ~100GB install ain't much fun.

About a month ago, my living room Xbox One S reset itself. All of my apps lost the passwords and I had to re-add my xbox live accounts. The apps and games were still installed but I had to set everything back up. Device control, sound settings, you name it.  Ever since then I have not been able to add or remove pins from "my pins."  On the home page where "my pins" should show up it says "Your pins aren't available. Sorry about that. They should be back soon."

Last night I reached out to xbox support about the issue after trying various fixes around the internet.  I spent two hours with the first technician trying to resolve the issue.  Slowly working with the person only to finally get to the last step which was them telling me to do a full factory reset, remove all game and apps and data. So I did it, reformatted. After, I installed Cuphead on fresh image and I still could not pin a game or app. Only now, the "My pins" gave me the massage "You don't have any pins. Pin some games or apps to see them here." 

At this point I was conveniently disconnected from the first xbox support representative. So I reconnected to a new person and explained what happened and they wanted to back through all the steps. I tried to explain that there was not much more a person could do beyond completely reformatting the xbox. They finally were convinced and started to say that the xbox needs to be sent in to be checked.  At this point I was going through the settings on my xbox and I saw the setting about "make this xbox my home xbox." So I did that thinking maybe that would fix it. It did not fix anything, but it gave me the idea to check and see if I have the same problem on my other "Halo box". Sure enough that box had the same issue. Can't add or remove pins. Can't get them to show up on the home page.  

So at this point I am thinking this cannot be a hardware problem. It has to be an issue with my account. So I start to explain that to the technician. The tech does not understand and just keeps saying that the xbox needs to be sent in to be checked. So I ask if they are going to have me send in both boxes, one being an OG box and one being one S.  At this point I get disconnected from the second support representative and I am just done.  I'm sitting here with a freshly formatted Xbox One S with no games or apps on it.  I start to look through the games in my library and see which one I should install and I quickly realize there are literally no games on my xbox that I want to install.  Halo 5 is garbage and I can play Halo Jaun on PC, So I don't need MCC for that. So I have two xboxes that literally serve no purpose further than media apps like Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, and Amazon and 4k Blu Ray playback.  This whole experience made me just want to sell both boxes and go buy a switch.  

tl:dr 
Xbox support is so horrendous that it made me realize I really hate the console and there are no games exclusive to the console that make me want to invest further in it. 

edit: 

LOL
Now I need support to get support. What a fucking joke.
tftoy29.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was kind upset about the Oddball getting zero abilities where as assault had them all, plus a double thruster, but honestly, just by the nature of oddball being campy/setup oriented, it's probably a good thing the guy with the ball isn't too strong.  I've had a few games with randos that were super difficult to actually break enemy setups.  Once we finally did, a ball guy who could ground pound or thruster would have made it even worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was kind upset about the Oddball getting zero abilities where as assault had them all, plus a double thruster, but honestly, just by the nature of oddball being campy/setup oriented, it's probably a good thing the guy with the ball isn't too strong.  I've had a few games with randos that were super difficult to actually break enemy setups.  Once we finally did, a ball guy who could ground pound or thruster would have made it even worse.

I would say there even needs to be a 15-20% movement penalty to the carrier.

what gpu did you get? Mine was 300. Maybe less.

Buy a ps4 pro and be happy again bro, my QoL improved since I dropped my xbox and halo

Lol, Sony exclusives are a joke to me. Literally the only one I've been wanting to play is Noih and that just got a Steam release. :D

Xbox One X would be a no-brainer if I was in the console market. Perfect for gamers who don't want to build a PC but want the best performance and graphics. PS4 Pro is so fucking weak comparatively. Plus all the basically free 4k remastered 360 and OG Xbox games that you can play on it. OG Assasin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden Black, SKATE 3, etc all in 4k running better than they ever have. Not too bad MS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol, Sony exclusives are a joke to me. Literally the only one I've been wanting to play is Noih and that just got a Steam release. :D

Xbox One X would be a no-brainer if I was in the console market. Perfect for gamers who don't want to build a PC but want the best performance and graphics. PS4 Pro is so fucking weak comparatively. Plus all the basically free 4k remastered 360 and OG Xbox games that you can play on it. OG Assasin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden Black, SKATE 3, etc all in 4k running better than they ever have. Not too bad MS.

ok

what gpu did you get? Mine was 300. Maybe less.

Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti.

Might be overkill but I absolutely love it and was worth it for me. 1440p at high frames is not easy to push.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ok

Buy and play whatever the fuck you want. I wouldn't even tell someone to buy a PC and drop everything else if I didn't know what that person's tastes are. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Buy and play whatever the fuck you want. I wouldn't even tell someone to buy a PC and drop everything else if I didn't know what that person's tastes are. Just saying.

k

• Downvote (-1) 2

If your rig costs less than your car is worth you're not true #masterrace

• Upvote (+1) 1

If your rig costs less than your car is worth you're not true #masterrace

Pretty positive that my PC is worth more than my car's trade-in value at least. Maybe could get more selling directly. My car just gets me A to B with 34mpg, while my PC let's me play games at 200+fps.

200 > 34.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Pretty positive that my PC is worth more than my car's trade-in value at least. Maybe could get more selling directly. My car just gets me A to B with 34mpg, while my PC let's me play games at 200+fps.

200 > 34.

This man has his priorities straight. I applaud you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This happened to me when I copied it to and from my external HDD.

Had to completely reinstall it from the store to get it working. Even with a good connection a ~100GB install ain't much fun.

Guess thats what I am going to have to do. Won't happen until I have a reason to reinstall Halo 5.

The wait begins.