CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The update today was to reduce the file size by 10GB.

I thought all 343 updates, regardless of contents, increase file size by 10GB at a minimum.  I am so confused. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'd be cool if I could buy a Team Beyond requisition pack with an emblem and weapon skins that has the site's logo being the prominent feature.

A portion of the proceeds going to support the site, of course.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I thought all 343 updates, regardless of contents, increase file size by 10GB at a minimum.  I am so confused. 

They took an approach from the CE patch for MCC which anti-aimed :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'd be cool if I could buy a Team Beyond requisition pack with an emblem and weapon skins that has the site's logo being the prominent feature.

A portion of the proceeds going to support the site, of course.

I'd rather just give TB the money directly rather than let 343i take a cut of it.

BONUS THOUGH: Halo 5 only 'improved' because it launched in a fucking awful state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An update to fix an update. Okay, so just another standard blunder at 343. 

The TB skins have been talked about before in one of the old HCS threads and someone even made a rendering of what they would look like. I would buy them. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sheesh man. You've got the context of that comment completely out of whack.

I was paraphrasing my dude. And yes he literally said the game requires constant 60 FPS, we've had many discussions about this back in the day. I remember people mentioning that on Stonetown (H2A) the game clock will start messing up because of the frame drops. But it's evident H5 works just fine down to 20 FPS so of course he lied again.

And yes, 60 FPS is the number one excuse why H5 has no split screen.

I was paraphrasing my dude. And yes he literally said the game requires constant 60 FPS, we've had many discussions about this back in the day. I remember people mentioning that on Stonetown (H2A) the game clock will start messing up because of the frame drops. But it's evident H5 works just fine down to 20 FPS so of course he lied again.

And yes, 60 FPS is the number one excuse why H5 has no split screen.

His comment didn't mean that the game will cease to function of it dropped frames.

It meant that the engine is hardcoded for a 60fps framebuffer and had underlying systems designed to operate at to 60hz. Adding splitscreen that performed decently would be more work than they could feasibly to in Halo5s lifespan.

This Overtime update messed up most of the Forge maps. Almost every map feels like the frames are constantly dropping. If anyone remembers the bad screen lag on Antifreeze, that's what it feels like playing on these maps.

This Overtime update messed up most of the Forge maps. Almost every map feels like the frames are constantly dropping. If anyone remembers the bad screen lag on Antifreeze, that's what it feels like playing on these maps.

It's been like that for a while now.

Yeah, but now it's a lot worse. Before the update, only certain parts of maps would get laggy, but now it feels laggy no matter where you go.

So i'm hearing this update made the game even worse? LOL pathetic. Props to you all still playing this awful game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So 1X users, how's that crisp aiming?   :kappa:

I'm actually curious about this too, minus the Kappa lol. Willing to bet the aiming is still butt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So 1X users, how's that crisp aiming?   :kappa:

I'm actually curious about this too, minus the Kappa lol. Willing to bet the aiming is still butt.

I've been playing around for about an hour on the One X, and to me, aiming is more or less the same. Where the improvements are seen is in image quality. Halo 5 wasn't blurry on the One, but the fact it wasn't rendering at a native 1080p was noticeable. Now that it's rendering at 4K, image quality is vastly improved. Even if you're gaming on a 1080p monitor or TV, the down-sampled image quality does wonders and you'll definitely notice it when you actually play a game. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If the Xb.O.X. "enhanced" games had a low settings 144Hz mode, I might actually care about the performance benchmarks. Alas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the Xb.O.X. "enhanced" games had a low settings 144Hz mode, I might actually care about the performance benchmarks. Alas.

You mean 200Hz?  Pshhh.  Scrub. 

I seriously want to buy an Xbox One X now because Skate 3 got a 4k update. Lol 

I'd need to buy a 4k TV too though but maybe it's time anyway. 

Edit: Ninja Gaiden Black got one too! Fuuuck, Black Friday please have some good deals. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit: Ninja Gaiden Black got one too! Fuuuck, Black Friday please have some good deals. 

I got you fam

I just want to be able to play fusion frenzy online with the graphics update

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wont be any one x deals. Advertising head said so on a podcast. Plus black friday TVs are usually less quality. Some are made cheap so they seem like a huge sale, but in reality just a cheap TV

Wont be any one x deals. Advertising head said so on a podcast. Plus black friday TVs are usually less quality. Some are made cheap so they seem like a huge sale, but in reality just a cheap TV

Oh, I'm well aware how black Friday works lol. Worked one at Best Buy, would not recommend. We just need a new TV and I don't need the best, I save that money for my PC and the $2k monitor that's coming out late 2018.  ;)

Team Snipers in this game is the worst thing ever. I hated snipers since 12:01am October 27th 2015

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Snipers in this game is the worst thing ever. I hated snipers since 12:01am October 27th 2015

Team Snipers can fuck off back to the hole it came from and die. Its a shame 343 love it so much since it follows their gametype design in Halo 5 being 'Slayer+gimmick'

For people playing on the X, is the frame rate better? Especially on forge maps.

Not sure that buying a console that's less powerful than my PC for $400 is the smartest thing to do. Especially when all the exclusives I care about blow massive cock.

• Upvote (+1) 3