CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Game is pretty much dead. Can't find any games in numerous playlist such as WZA or FFA unless they are featured. BTB I get a few laggy matches on expanded if I'm lucky. The only playlists that work consistently are Team Arena, WZFF and WZ. Interestingly enough, the H3 playlist always gave me the fastest matches.

Microsoft and 343 says Halo 5 is the most profitable game in the franchise, dead within 2 years.

YqbavqO.png

anigif_enhanced-29551-1429547778-2.gif

Also, in the last line they say "get in the action faster with faster loading times." Well, if XboneX and regular Xbone players are matched up, the match won't start anyway until everyone is loaded. I swear, these deceptive fukers.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo game takes 2 years to get oddball.  Most deepest and feature rich Halo of all time.  X1X enhanced for supper crisp 60 FPS yall.  So fucking crisp. Scrum-diddilly-umptious!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here is the much needed follow up from a while back

C3VYyTo.jpg

That image implies the playerbase ever trended upwards.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Microsoft and 343 says Halo 5 is the most profitable game in the franchise, dead within 2 years.

Microtransactions brah

• Upvote (+1) 2

Microtransactions brah

Imagine if the micro-transactions had been handled competently and they had consistently pumped out skins, what money they could have made. Instead, their half-assed country flag skins have been sitting in the game files unattainable for months.

:walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine if the micro-transactions had been handled competently and they had consistently pumped out skins, what money they could have made. Instead, their half-assed country flag skins have been sitting in the game files unattainable for months.

Microsoft can't even be greedy right

YqbavqO.png

They really want people to play Halo 5 and support Halo moving forward.

...Without saying a single true thing about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean they made enough that they funded the pro league, free dlc, and still made a large profit.But yeah they would have made even more if they'd pulled a csgo.

the only redeeming feature of this game is "Mute All" ('cos it sure as shit ain't "dedicated servers") /rant

Even this feature is half assed. When it was released, it didn't work 90% of the time. Even now, the feature doesn't always work and sometimes requires a few cycles of activating and deactivating just to mute a lobby.

They didn't have real ctf in halo 4, oddball in halo 5. 

What gametype will they be missing in halo 6? 

They didn't have real ctf in halo 4, oddball in halo 5. 

What gametype will they be missing in halo 6? 

hopefully slayer :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

If by biggest they mean the amount of GB this POS takes up, then they are not wrong lol. Except they keep trying to pitch it as if it's the most content packed release. Maybe so, but only if you count the thousands of REQ's from the trash duplicates.

cPT0S4T.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Y'all are some salty, negative, toxic people. Seriously. Did you people play Halo 2, 3, and Reach? 2 and 3 had shitty BR's that couldn't even register shots across Midship half of the time. Reach and it's bloom and Armor Abilities were a joke. 343i has given us multiple reliable guns, and they brought the tournament scene back after Halo Reach killed the scene. Y'all need to jump off the hater bandwagon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Y'all are some salty, negative, toxic people. Seriously. Did you people play Halo 2, 3, and Reach? 2 and 3 had shitty BR's that couldn't even register shots across Midship half of the time. Reach and it's bloom and Armor Abilities were a joke. 343i has given us multiple reliable guns, and they brought the tournament scene back after Halo Reach killed the scene. Y'all need to jump off the hater bandwagon.

We're salty because 343 has every opportunity to improve their games for the better, but ever since their inception they have refused to listen to quality criticism and continue to throw shit at the wall until it sticks. They continue to follow market trends and always add or try to add gimmicky shit for no reason.

Take a look at the UI for Halo 5. Halo Reach had it almost perfect, and only needed minimal refinements. Now, the UI is a slow POS that sucks and has way less features than Reach. It's like comparing BIOS to UEFI.

Relying on 343 is like playing a carnival ring toss game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yikes.

the only redeeming feature of this game is "Mute All" ('cos it sure as shit ain't "dedicated servers") /rant

It's just another band aid solution though. 343 is too incompetent to make a good UI, so you can't select the one asshole in the lobby that is blasting music as players are now only displayed as a tiny box with an emblem (lol). So you have to mute the entire lobby, which kills the cool community vibes H2 and 3 had even more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So because 343i has made reliable primaries (when you ignore the broken aim in general), and because they've put some effort into reviving esports, that means we should just forget all the numerous ways that they've failed to deliver quality products? 

And I'm not denying those two positives, I believe in fair evaluation.  But 343i has fucked up so many times in the past, and continues to fuck up so many times in the present, it's not exactly a compelling defense.  We're talking about the same company who broke the MCC and never gave a shit about fixing it, take entire years to give their games necessary post-launch support, balances in favor of low skill weapons, continues to make design decisions that take Halo further from it's identity, cheekily suggest we buy a new console to fix the problems they're not willing to fix on the original console, and so on.

"Bungie was bad too".  Not untrue, but so what?  Shouldn't standards rise as companies gain access to more resources and have more and more past mistakes for themselves to learn from?  So why am I seeing the exact opposite trend, why am I seeing companies seemingly get worse and worse at delivering quality products?  And I'm not just referring to 343i, I see it elsewhere as well like with Quake Champions, Mass Effect Andromeda, Arkham Knight, list goes on.  Why is this the new trend, AAA companies that seemingly can't compete in quality control with shitty indie studios, and why are we defending it?

• Upvote (+1) 6