CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not to argue for one side or the other, but: shooting team mates in Halo is actually slightly more difficult than shooting with no aim assist at all as there's a "reverse aim assist" effect in play which causes bullets to curve away from allies slightly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea my first game on had that weird stutter/teleport lag and it persisted every other game. I've never had lag like it before and it was definitely never that often.

I got that as well for a couple games.

Halo 5 Local Server is now available. Been f5ing it since I got home, lmao.

Can't wait to see how stable it is.

Not to argue for one side or the other, but: shooting team mates in Halo is actually slightly more difficult than shooting with no aim assist at all as there's a "reverse aim assist" effect in play which causes bullets to curve away from allies slightly.

I wanted to point that out a few weeks ago but I didn't have a good way to demonstrate so I just didn't say anything. The only reason I knew is because far too often I should've killed a teammate and somehow it just doesn't happen. Other weird things happen too like in H3 you shoot a teammate with no shields in the head with a stray BR bullet (not a whole burst) and they just don't die which could be the game dropping bullets I suppose but it happened so often I doubt it somehow.

Ha ha ha, this puny peasant could not block me. What makes you think you can?

What's your styole?

Idk why you guys are having to speculate about what halo 1 would be like without aim assist. That MCC patch that removed the aim assistance gave a pretty clear picture of how it works out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk why you guys are having to speculate about what halo 1 would be like without aim assist. That MCC patch that removed the aim assistance gave a pretty clear picture of how it works out.

Anti aim is the most skillest
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anti aim is the most skillest

Lol, I almost forgot about that! One of the best glitches in the game.

Anti aim assist in CE still felt better than Halo 5.

I mean, if you all ever want to experience a console game with fairly raw aim, Team Fortress 2 for the 360 has zero aim assist, zero bullet mag. Just avoid the class restricted servers and you'll be gold. 

You guys are talking about different things.

Anti aim being better than anything? Good one lol

@@Ling Ling - I played both that and Quake Arcade Arena a lot and neither of those games felt so difficult to the point that I want to stop playing. In fact the challenging aim is fun.

better add the disclaimer that I'm not stating it's better on a console/controller just to be safe.

So what are all our opinions on the new overtime weapon sandbox.

I'm going with a "one step forwards, one step back" opinion.

For every solid/mildly better rebalance (the AR/Grenade Launcher) there is a pathetic one (the BR)

It's a mixed bag.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been using the AR more. Just aiming for the head and watching people drop pretty quick, lol.

So what are all our opinions on the new overtime weapon sandbox.

I'm going with a "one step forwards, one step back" opinion.

For every good/solid rebalance (the AR) there is a pathetic one (the BR)

It's a mixed bag.

The AR did not get a good rebalance what are you smoking

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The AR did not get a good rebalance what are you smoking

I'll take an accurate and somewhat more skillful automatic that actually rewards the wielder for firing in automatic and being accurate over whatever that shite we had before was.

It's not perfect and I would hesitate to include it in the good pile (note, I should have worded the previous post better, I'll edit it).

But it's an improvement over the old H5 AR.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So do people the the avg kill time has gone up or down in terms of the AR?

On paper, I don't see how it could be anything but less lethal than the original.

I'll take an accurate and somewhat more skillful automatic that actually rewards the wielder for firing in automatic and being accurate over whatever that shite we had before was.

It's not perfect and I would hesitate to include it in the good pile (note, I should have worded the previous post better, I'll edit it).

This will never be okay. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Couldn't this already be done with the old AR?

Precision damage and accuracy were basically doubled with the update.

Yeah. Old AR took 3 headshots to kill, and the new one takes 2. I don't think the difference is enough to have a genuine impact.

Two of the biggest problems with the original, its excessive range/de-scope potential, and being an easy way to clean up kills at close to medium range are unquestionably worse with this entry. If it didn't have the moronic head shot multiplier, it would probably be an improvement. But no, being 343, they have to either off-set every improvement with something idiotic, or just straight up make the problems worse. If they hadn't buffed the head shot bonus, it would probably be OK, but I still have no idea why the hell people are so interested in making what has always been the "noob friendly clean-up weapon" marginally more "skillful." It doesn't need to be more accurate. If anything, it should be less accurate. Like the SMG. The patched SMG is a clear improvement.

They drastically increased the headshot bonus, so no. You could clean up people pretty easily with the AR, but now it fucking MELTS. The combination of tighter spread and the ludicrous head shot bonus has actually made it easier to get easy, consistent "head shots."

Precision damage and accuracy were basically doubled with the update.

They drastically increased the headshot bonus, so no. You could clean up people pretty easily with the AR, but now it fucking MELTS. The combination of tighter spread and the ludicrous head shot bonus has actually made it easier to get easy, consistent "head shots."

But in the old AR your first shot was already precise, and now it’s harder to get your cursor on target. The difference in headshot damage amounts to 1 bullet iirc.

Edit: I guess the increases ROF, throws that assessment off a bit. So it takes fewer bullets to get the headshot kill, and those bullets come out quicker.

The offset is that it takes better precision to actually get the benefits of the headshot bonus.

At the end of the day though, the min TTK higher, as is the bodyshot TTK. the update seems more ineffective, than a step back IMO.

But I agree, they should just do away with the headshot bonus or at least cut it in half. Min TTK should be like 25% longer than the mag.