CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Working on a new game and slowly building a studio. It's going to be a while before we announce stuff though.

You should hire Multi....

We fixed Team Slayer.

giphy.gif

Is it a shooter?

It's... a game. :)

You should hire Multi....

I thought he was already hired by someone. Didn't he get a bunch of offers immediately after the opportunity at 343 went away? Sorry if I'm misconstruing anything - I didn't follow the situation very closely.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because this is just a general discussion thread and is somewhat relevant to Halo 5.

Has anyone else seen how bullshit SWBF2 is when it comes to the loot boxes? Remember 10 years ago when progression was earned in Halo 3, Modern Warfare, Battlefield. But now that shit is in fucking RNG loot boxes? Fucking REQ Packs, Star Wars Lootcrates, what the fuck is this industry coming to.

You cunts can have fun with that shit, I'm going back to 'Squad'

The cancer that is mobile freemium games caused this. Only way to delay it or reverse it is with our wallets. Knowing the general demographic of games, that is unlikely to happen.

I thought he was already hired by someone. Didn't he get a bunch of offers immediately after the opportunity at 343 went away? Sorry if I'm misconstruing anything I didn't follow the situation very closely.

Much like the heaps of constructive community feedback all these years. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Working on a new game and slowly building a studio. It's going to be a while before we announce stuff though.

I'm looking forward to when you are able to reveal it! Thanks again for your support. 

@@Moses_FPS "2+2 = 4"

@@Oriiii " but what is 2???"

• Upvote (+1) 2

What does "fixed team slayer mean"?

I was being facetious, but I was referring to the seeming consensus that we want powerups on faster timers in TS, and the use of delayed item spawns to allow assymetrical item placement on some symmetrical maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was being facetious, but I was referring to the seeming consensus that we want powerups on faster timers in TS, and the use of delayed item spawns to allow assymetrical item placement on some symmetrical maps.

Stop it, I can only read this so many times before I cry knowing people think fast spawning powerups is dumb

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people would contest haste, because it's contested in other games. I think it would be especially true if the utility weapon was better.

I don't see the value in these trait pickups if they aren't worthy of contesting. They'd just be convolution gunfights that players would prefer are straight forward. Maybe the knockback one would be cool...

People would absolutely contest haste.  If you survive with it and get a 20% or 30% boost to everything for 40 seconds, that's a big deal.

Guys - what did I miss?

giphy.gif

It's... a game. Beyond%20Smiley.png

I thought he was already hired by someone. Didn't he get a bunch of offers immediately after the opportunity at 343 went away? Sorry if I'm misconstruing anything - I didn't follow the situation very closely.

Multiple offers that i believe he is mulling.  I don't think he accepted anything yet though @@MultiLockOn?  I'm still hoping 343 reconsiders....

I know you don't have any input on Halo anymore, but thanks for stopping by.  If you need a software tester that will pinky swear not to tell anybody what you are working on, hit my DMs  :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

giphy.gif

Haven't committed to anything yet.

Guys - what did I miss?

honestly one of the last people id have expected to see back here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stop it, I can only read this so many times before I cry knowing people think fast spawning powerups is dumb

I'm no longer willing to call empowered waypoint contrarians 'people'.

How do you guys feel about the Mauler? Is the fact that it can "Fire+Melee" faster than a standard "Melee+Melee" enough to keep it in the sandbox?

It's essentially just a quicker double melee.

How do you guys feel about the Mauler? Is the fact that it can "Fire+Melee" faster than a standard "Melee+Melee" enough to keep it in the sandbox?

Very neat as a campaign addition to the brute weapon sandbox, very redundant in multiplayer to the shotgun and sword.

giphy.gif

Can you tell us your actual thougths on h4 and h5 now?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pointless weapon that needs a rework to actually be worth anything.

Consider why I would want to double melee someone when I could just kill them in one shot from the regular shotgun, which is also just as good with followup melees anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Consider why I would want to double melee someone when I could just kill them in one shot from the regular shotgun, which is also just as good with followup melees anyways.

But, but, but it diversifies and immersifies and intensifies and electrifies and emulsifies the sandbox bro. ADAPT

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because the Shotgun is a power weapon that is placed in highly vulnerable, neutral locations while the Mauler is a less damage, less range variant that can be placed in non-neutral locations, like one outside of each team's base?

How would you rework the Mauler?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Because the Shotgun is a power weapon that is placed in highly vulnerable, neutral locations while the Mauler is a less damage, less range variant that can be placed in non-neutral locations, like one outside of each team's base?

Why do we need to rework it? Addition by subtraction my dear Watson!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't believe that weapon tiers should exist.  The Mauler is intentionally designed to fit somewhere between the spawn weapon and the Shotgun.  I don't consider this a valid sandbox position.  The Shotgun itself isn't always treated as a neutral, highly-valuable power weapon either.  On the Pit for example the Shotguns are basically no more neutral or vulnerable than the Maulers are.

If I wanted to make it a sidegrade to the Shotgun I'd keep it's faster firing rate, give it much more range than it has now, and remove any potential for a one hit kill.  Though this would still be fairly redundant and better suited to the Scattershot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't believe that weapon tiers should exist. The Mauler is intentionally designed to fit somewhere between the spawn weapon and the Shotgun. I don't consider this a valid sandbox position. The Shotgun itself isn't always treated as a neutral, highly-valuable power weapon either. On the Pit for example the Shotguns are basically no more neutral or vulnerable than the Maulers are.

If I wanted to make it a sidegrade to the Shotgun I'd keep it's faster firing rate, give it much more range, and remove any potential for a one hit kill. Though this would still be fairly redundant and better suited to the Scattershot.

Whether you want weapon tiers to exist or not, they do. A Plasma Rifle will never be as powerful as a Rocket Launcher. You could give it properties that make it viable in its own niche but a Plasma Rifle is undoubtably on a lower "tier" than a Rocket Launcher.

Should the Spartan Laser not exist because the Rocket Launcher already does?

• Downvote (-1) 2