CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't know why the classic playlist is getting so much negativity? Is literally better than anything we've had in years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know why the classic playlist is getting so much negativity? Is literally better than anything we've had in years.

Nah. HCS is a more enjoyable playlist. The shit in the game is balanced around things like thrust. Lowering movement speed and not compensating makes that playlist absolute trash. And that BR? LOL. The snipe? HAHA. The radar? Sheesh. I give it a 4/10 and that's not even mentioning framerate, spawns, and gametypes.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Better than Reach ZBNS and Anniversary? Don't think so breh. But yeah, it's more enjoyable than any other H5 or H4 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The BR shoots straight, the sniper is the same one used in HCS so you argument is invalid there. The radar has been in every none competitive playlist since Halo has been on Xbox live. The spawn are terrible in every Halo 5 playlist. And the game types are the same ones from Halo 3 no big surprise in a Halo 3 playlist.

Better than Reach ZBNS and Anniversary? Don't think so breh. But yeah, it's more enjoyable than any other H5 or H4 playlist.

The H2 anniversary BR and Snipe were just as easy to use as these are.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The H2 anniversary BR and Snipe were just as easy to use as these are.

I was talking CE Anniversary, the Reach playlist. Completely forgot about H2A. And I never said the playlist is bad or that the weapons are too easy, but just the overall fun isn't quite up there with CEA, ZBNS and yes now that you mentioned it I would include H2A in that list too.

But dude, I'm not hating on this playlist,as I said it's the best playlist in H4/5. I play it every day and I hope it becomes permanent and gets new maps and gametypes. But I'm just not completely ignoring the glaring issues it has.

Oh yes it no doubt has issues, but it doesn't have Sprint or SAs and those are what ruined Halo in the first place. And unlike BC H3 my shots register.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the real problem is that Halo 5 doesn't really reward skilled individuals. It's a teamshot game, so how on earth can you accurately rank an individual?

Yeah that's a problem no MM system can fix.

"It shoots straight" is not a point in its favor. It's a bare minimum. The problem is that it doesn't just shoot straight. It aims for you. And so does the sniper. They're the same weapons featured in HCS? Argument invalid? Uh. Did you miss the "balanced for thrust" bit? You can actually throw off people's aim with instantaneous movement in 360 degrees in HCS. Thrust is the core of the H5 strafe and this playlist removes that without compensating for it and actually makes it WORSE by lowering BMS.

​No, the spawns are not terrible in every H5 playlist. They pretty much work as intended on developer maps. FORGE map spawns tend to be bad, but even then, several of these maps have unusually broken spawns.

​And who could forget the CLASSIC Guardian CTF?

Have they really put in Guardian CTF?

Honestly, I've had more fun in the h3 playlist than i did in any h5 playlist, despite its flaws. Far from perfect, but it's nice being able to use old school strats with a starting weapon that shoots straight and can contest everything on the map. It's also nice to not have to press a million buttons and put my gun down just to navigate the map

Im bummed that they didn't tune for the absence of thrust. But i got over that pretty quickly tbh.

Have they really put in Guardian CTF?

It was in, accidentally at launch
  • Upvote (+1) 4

"It shoots straight" is not a point in its favor. It's a bare minimum. The problem is that it doesn't just shoot straight. It aims for you. 

I feel like im in "Wanted" every time i play with the BR.

Still a better playlist than most anything else though.  If they increased the movement speed to 100% and used the weapon tuning BR -random spread, it could be a whole lot better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd play the classic playlist over HCS cancer all day, every fucking day. I don't give a shit about how shitty of an implementation of classic it is. 

Fuck thrust, fuck sprint, fuck Spartan abilities.

I feel like im in "Wanted" every time i play with the BR.

Still a better playlist than most anything else though.  If they increased the movement speed to 100% and used a BR with less auto aim and magnetism, it could be a whole lot better.

ftfy
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I can play pretty much anything in h5 and have fun for 30min to an hour. But after I hate it. I played the broken chief collection for longer and had more fun, with bugs and all!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else miss Extermination? I'm not sure of this forum's opinion of it, but it's what really got me back into Halo 5 even before Classic or Weapon Tuning came out. I'd love to see it return as a permanent replacement of Breakout.

I can't believe I got a man fired from his dream job just so he would make a youtube video

ggfox is that you?  

Does anyone else miss Extermination? I'm not sure of this forum's opinion of it, but it's what really got me back into Halo 5 even before Classic or Weapon Tuning came out. I'd love to see it return as a permanent replacement of Breakout.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. Definately better than any version of breakout they ever came up with. I wish there was more nuance to the spawning and score systems because it's impossible to keep track of how soon you need to get a kill- but it's a great casual mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This H3 playlist is easily the most fun I've had playing Halo in years. It's amazing how it can suddenly be fun just because it doesnt have all these AAs, sprint and pointless shit in it.

Even with the problems it still has it feels more like Halo to me than anything else I've played in H4 and H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow.  14 hours and no new posts in here...  I miss the days of waking up, checking the forums, and having 6+ pages to catch up on in multiple threads.

:mj:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4