CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The jump button isn't what I'm going to be holding against your chin.

This probably sounded better in your head.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The jump button isn't what I'm going to be holding against your chin.

I don't know what that means but it sounds gross.

nnnHkG.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

What did clamber have to do with his post? If crouch jumping was actually useful like it used to be, the need for clamber wouldn't be relevant. I don't think you understand what he's referring to lol.

You didnt understand

• Downvote (-1) 1

You didnt understand

If you read the follow up posts after that quote, you would’ve realized that I completely understood the scenario. Reading comprehension is key. I know what fast fall is and you wouldn’t need clamber to compensate for it because you don’t crouch jump at the tip of your jump anyway.

If you had to choose between Bubble Shield, Deployable Cover, or Hardlight Shield which would you pick and why?

I think the coolest part about this Throwback playlist so far is how I keep running into people who I recognize from the community.

To me the best aspects are:

• 5 second respawn in Slayer, 10s in objective
  • People don't instantly thrust behind cover as soon as you shoot them
  • You can move at full speed and recharge your shields
  • No clamber, you either nail the jump or you fall down
  • In the same vein, no one is hovering with GP + Stabilizers. God that shit is so annoying
  • Maps aren't covered in shit tons of clutter (except Ghost Town but that map has always sucked)

The playlist is tons of fun, let's hope it stays popular for some time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you read the follow up posts after that quote, you would’ve realized that I completely understood the scenario. Reading comprehension is key. I know what fast fall is and you wouldn’t need clamber to compensate for it because you don’t crouch jump at the tip of your jump anyway.

you you literally would fall too fast for crouch jumping. Fuck off with "comprehension". There's nothing I cant comprehend kiddos. i just dont agree. Fast Fall ruins Crouch jump period. it feels imprecise and sluggish just from thinking about it. Nobody wants to perfectly time their crouch jump just for it to work that sounds like some garbage mechanic. the only way Fast fall would work is with Universal Clamber that way Vertical progression remains simple and graceful. all i picture is every single halo player for the rest of time missing 97% of their crouch jumps due to that mechanic. but honestly i have no problem with it as long as clamber is permanent

• Downvote (-1) 5

Does The Pit have proper weapon spawn times? There's literally 2 snipers on the map at all times. It's honestly worse to play than broken High Ground. The sniper in this game man I cannot believe it's still this easy. I haven't played a game on this map yet where there isn't over 30 power weapon kills. Jesus Christ.

Im guessing the throwback playlist isnt the updated BR? Its still pretty easy to use.

you you literally would fall too fast for crouch jumping. Fuck off with "comprehension". There's nothing I cant comprehend kiddos. i just dont agree. Fast Fall ruins Crouch jump period. it feels imprecise and sluggish just from thinking about it. Nobody wants to perfectly time their crouch jump just for it to work that sounds like some garbage mechanic. the only way Fast fall would work is with Universal Clamber that way Vertical progression remains simple and graceful. all i picture is every single halo player for the rest of time missing 97% of their crouch jumps due to that mechanic. but honestly i have no problem with it as long as clamber is permanent

Chill "kiddo".

Timing a crouch jump is not a big deal. You have to do that in CE and it becomes second nature quickly.

You make fast fall sound like the old H5 glitch. People want something with more sublety than that.

If you had to choose between Bubble Shield, Deployable Cover, or Hardlight Shield which would you pick and why?

None of them ideally.

Bubbleshield is definitely not something I want to see return.  The only real way to counter it is to step inside...usually just to take a Shotgun to the face.

Deployable Cover and Hardlight Shield at least have some level of counter-play.  They're still pretty annoying to deal with anyways.

The drop shield from reach but without the healing ability and a little weaker. I would tolerate it as an equipment.

To me the best aspects are:

• 5 second respawn in Slayer, 10s in objective
  • People don't instantly thrust behind cover as soon as you shoot them
  • You can move at full speed and recharge your shields
  • No clamber, you either nail the jump or you fall down
  • In the same vein, no one is hovering with GP + Stabilizers. God that shit is so annoying
  • Maps aren't covered in shit tons of clutter (except Ghost Town but that map has always sucked)

The playlist is tons of fun, let's hope it stays popular for some time.

1. Sure.

2. This would matter if not for the fact that weapons are "balanced" around thrust. Half the time, you can't even peek a corner without getting melted.

3. Super slow shield recharge for no reason. Pointlessly slow movement. Gigantic radar. Mini-nuke nades that, like the rest of the sandbox, are balanced for thrust and not for novelty sized maps. Not much time to recharge your shields with mindless nade spam on a near constant basis and no way to avoid it at all.

4. Agreed, clamber is trash.

​5. And yet every map is filled to the brim with idiotic pick-ups and power weapons on fast timers, many of which are far worse without Spartan gimmicks.

​6. I would take map clutter over mostly bad H3 maps with obvious frame rate drops in ALL of them.

I guess people are just so desperate for an old school Halo experience that what is essentially the worst case scenario is exciting? I honestly don't get it. I would honestly rather play the HCS playlist. The only thing they did right here was turn off the Spartan Abilities.