CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

When does it come out? Haven’t stayed in touch recently. I might slide through.

No official word yet but H3 ten year anni at the end of September so that would make most sense

Next month is all we know.

Isn't the final list of sandbox changes supposed to be coming out today too?  The anticipation slow trickle is killing me is really fucking annoying!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Isn't the final list of sandbox changes supposed to be coming out today too?  The anticipation slow trickle is killing me is really fucking annoying!

According to Ske7ch, we're getting an update on that this week and testing begins next week.

This month sometime

Is the h3 list permanent or a week long thing.

It'll be temporary, but probably longer than a week.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I talked to ghost yesterday, the starting weapon in the H3 playlist will be the H5 BR with classic scope

This just makes me wonder why they made the default scope that abomination?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I talked to ghost yesterday, the starting weapon in the H3 playlist will be the H5 BR with classic scope

And the secondary weapon?  :huh:

Topic: Friendly fire

So as I've recently started playing Halo matchmaking again (I was a H5F kid for a while) I inevitably ran into a betrayer and this got me thinking.

Someone here (forgot who) already suggested that it should be impossible to damage teammates with melee attacks, I'd say we could take this a step further: As long as you are aiming at a teammate (green reticle) you cannot shoot your weapon. Unless of course there's another enemy in sight, which would override the green reticle to red and allow you to shoot. Bottom line it would make it impossible to damage a teammate outside of explosives and vehicles.

I know this could be kind of a hassle in certain situations (tight corridor battles) but I would prefer such a system to the current one where I can shoot my BR shot, but a teammate will just completely absorb the shot, which gets wasted and the dude calls me a griefer over the mic.

Topic: Friendly fire

So as I've recently started playing Halo matchmaking again (I was a H5F kid for a while) I inevitably ran into a betrayer and this got me thinking.

Someone here (forgot who) already suggested that it should be impossible to damage teammates with melee attacks, I'd say we could take this a step further: As long as you are aiming at a teammate (green reticle) you cannot shoot your weapon. Unless of course there's another enemy in sight, which would override the green reticle to red and allow you to shoot. Bottom line it would make it impossible to damage a teammate outside of explosives and vehicles.

I know this could be kind of a hassle in certain situations (tight corridor battles) but I would prefer such a system to the current one where I can shoot my BR shot, but a teammate will just completely absorb the shot, which gets wasted and the dude calls me a griefer over the mic.

The negative impact on not allowing for FF is just too great. The H5 beta had it turned off and it was terrible. Nades from your opponent's teammate hitting you but not them was the worst.

Melees not hitting I'd be okay with I suppose.

Edit: I realize I didn't address the gun just not firing when aiming at a teammate, I don't like this either. It just seems like it might lead to a lot of confusion.

The negative impact on not allowing for FF is just too great. The H5 beta had it turned off and it was terrible. Nades from your opponent's teammate hitting you but not them was the worst.

Edit: I realize I didn't address the gun just not firing when aiming at a teammate, I don't like this either. It just seems like it might lead to a lot of confusion.

I'm with you.

It can be annoying to get hit with FF, but removing that would just increase the already rampant spam.

Friendly Melees are almost never accidental though, so I guess I could live with that being removed.

As to the bolded, never take control away from players. Sometimes, there are legitimate reason for taking shots that could potentially injure a teammate, and it shouldn't be up to the game to determine if that's a risk worth taking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotcha, yeah it might be jarring (actually jarring not how descope is "jarring"). 100% agree that no FF is terrible, I don't know how so many games nowadays get away with it, it's just stupid IMO. I'm glad 343 didn't go that far yet, however they are pushing hard for no FF as Warzone and Infinity Slayer how shown.

If the H3 Playlist is fucking Temporary then proceeds to only exist for 3 weeks I will never touch 343's Autism Products again. I sold my Piece of shit One and won't even remotely bother playing H5 again until the One X is released, and if that playlist is already gone or is on its way out by the time i get that system then I will abandon the 4K update and immediately uninstall the game files from my external. The Classic playlist needs to be a permanent footprint that lets players know that they take traditional halo seriously, if this is just some 2 week gimmick playlist then im going to forget Halo even exists and just play Destiny 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

As to the bolded, never take control away from players. Sometimes, there are legitimate reason for taking shots that could potentially injure a teammate, and it shouldn't be up to the game to determine if that's a risk worth taking.

Could you imagine the rage if your teammate is getting assassinated and you are trying to save them before the animation finishes but you can't because the game see's your teammate too close and won't let you fire....

Oh yeah, and the sniper isn't listed there which is just criminal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-5-weapon-tuning-test

It bugs me that they didn't actually give us any specific changes. Just telling us that weapons will be changed.

Yup.  its all "here is what we meant to do with the weapon in the first place" like no shit, we already knew that.

I am actually ok with being a little vague so that people actually have to try the weapons to see what they think.  it does add a little more honesty to the assessment but....

SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT ALREADY.  Every time they aren't like, "You can go try it now!!" i just want to stab someone in the ear with a pencil.

• No Magnum buff

No Sniper nerf

No Storm Rifle nerf

They now see the BR fit as a starting weapon in ranked playlists

Kill me and this franchise already

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, there is quite a bit in that update. The layout they chose just gives the impression that there's not a lot. Why give a breakdown of each weapon if you aren't giving us any specifics about how the weapons are being changed? Like, yeah no shit the SMG is supposed to be a close range weapon, everyone knows that, why are you telling me this.

But yeah- 

BR starts- that weapon is probably changing a ton if they're even considering this. Maybe a stronger utility weapon that will appease the 4sk magnum guys? Less aim assist? Shorter range? None of these and we're wasting our time testing settings that spawn us with a free kill death machine?

No AR starts- even if autos return to HCS, almost 100% we won't spawn with them.

Stasis and Torque changes, implying that they're trying to use those for HCS *again*. It's possible that they aren't considering these for HCS, but if that's the case then why not change Mercy's weapon layout? Hammer and SAW side by side is a horrible layout.

Ability radar potentially in all ranked playlists.

If they can create a H2 BR req why can't they create a H3 BR Req that plays more like H3. I'm fine with random spread if it means they cut away that crazy aim assist and magnetism on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they can create a H2 BR req why can't they create a H3 BR Req that plays more like H3. I'm fine with random spread if it means they cut away that crazy aim assist and magnetism on it. 

You're right actually. The H3 BR would be a nice option if anyone wants to do a paintball mode.

• Upvote (+1) 3