CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Evolved settings have been around for at least a year now and they're still trying to reinvent the wheel with "new" classic settings :eyes: . But then again, this is the company that thought Breakout was a good use of development time.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Evolved settings have been around for at least a year now and they're still trying to reinvent the wheel with "new" classic settings :eyes: . But then again, this is the company that thought Breakout was a good use of development time.

This company also thought sprint was a good use of development time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand how a gamemode that's effectively just a no respawn slayer/ctf match with some altered gametype settings and a different scoreboard on some Forge maps that all take place in the same setting would take any more than maybe a month or two to create.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Off topic, but I played the Destiny 2 PC beta last night.  The game felt very polished and co-op was a lot of fun. I still don't think I can get into the competitive PvP though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see but I didn't really enjoy PvP in the 6 or 7 games I played last night.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Off topic, but I played the Destiny 2 PC beta last night.  The game felt very polished and co-op was a lot of fun. I still don't think I can get into the competitive PvP though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see but I didn't really enjoy PvP in the 6 or 7 games I played last night.  

Yea, PvP Destiny is kinda boring to me. I just hope there is enough co-op content.

I don't think the PvP will be very popular with the PC crowd seeing as how many better games we have in that space.

The "port" is near perfect though. Runs great with plenty of graphics options and the controls feel perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, PvP Destiny is kinda boring to me. I just hope there is enough co-op content.

I don't think the PvP will be very popular with the PC crowd seeing as how many better games we have in that space.

The "port" is near perfect though. Runs great with plenty of graphics options and the controls feel perfect.

With how well everything ran it made the Xbox beta look like the port and not the other way around. Its insane how much better the game can feel when you get decent FPS and better graphics options. Helped that my FoV wasn't ridiculous like on consoles too. The really interesting part to me was how I could plug my controller in and PvP/PvE just like I would on console except literally everything worked and looked better. I honestly have no idea why anyone will play this game on console if they have a decent PC

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand how a gamemode that's effectively just a no respawn slayer/ctf match with some altered gametype settings and a different scoreboard on some Forge maps that all take place in the same setting would take any more than maybe a month or two to create.

They had to create all the tron maps/assets, the cringy mancannon intro, new HUD elements, announcer stuff, medals etc. Plus they tested it for many months trying to polish the turd they had come up with. Breakout was a giant waste of resources. I mean where are all the other gametypes? Assault, Oddball, KOTH, Extraction, 1 Flag and 1 Bomb? Now that would have been easy to make, literally copy and paste them over from H4. But they were cut because of resource constraints. Imo it was because of Breakout and maybe Warzone. At least the creation of Breakout kept Kevin Franklin from doing too much damage to the core Arena gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys, new to the forums! Thinking about buying an xbox one just for halo 5, is it any good? How is the competitive playlist holding up? Thanks for the answers!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Saw someone who tweeted out a pic of them playtesting the settings/maps at 343. Obviously it may change, but he was playing Isolation and had a Classic Scope BR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They put money into it.. just like you they put playtime into it.. just like you. Because they don't aim to git good or understand balance nuance means that they shouldnt have influence on a temporary community playlist?

Hmm ok

How is my position not a real one? Because you disagree? Because you think your opinion on high quality is an actual barometer?

Your position is "I'm sitting on this fence and being super democratic and extra objective because opinions are totally subjective and the moron majority rules!" You've made exactly no case whatsoever for emulating garbage default settings beyond the vague and largely unsupported assumption of the preferences of the unthinking majority and you continue to accuse others of bias for being opposed to OBJECTIVELY utter shit settings, based on well established arguments based on facts and game knowledge.

This "everything is subjective," "that's just your opinion, man" non-argument is intellectually lazy and a fucking waste of time. You know why these settings are better, based on your presence on this forum, and you're dancing around that FACT, because you think being objective means all "opinions" are equivalent. No, not all opinions are created equal. I can break down clearly and factually why starting with a decent precision weapon in a Halo game makes for a better experience at ALL levels. So can plenty of other people here. The kids who pick AR starts in MCC because they saw the words "Halo 3" and "Valhalla" on their 50 inch flat screen TV almost certainly cannot. The same can be said of the sizable portion of Halo's remaining population whose combat tactics largely involve various combinations of holding forward, spraying with bullet hoses, melee/Spartan charge, and shitting out nades instead of firing their weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys, new to the forums! Thinking about buying an xbox one just for halo 5, is it any good? How is the competitive playlist holding up? Thanks for the answers!

wait hold up

hold up

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also I wouldn't pin the blame entirely on these "forge kids". It's most definitely a small closed group of forgers who run the show without proper evaluation. 

They had to create all the tron maps/assets, the cringy mancannon intro, new HUD elements, announcer stuff, medals etc. Plus they tested it for many months trying to polish the turd they had come up with. Breakout was a giant waste of resources. I mean where are all the other gametypes? Assault, Oddball, KOTH, Extraction, 1 Flag and 1 Bomb? Now that would have been easy to make, literally copy and paste them over from H4. But they were cut because of resource constraints. Imo it was because of Breakout and maybe Warzone. At least the creation of Breakout kept Kevin Franklin from doing too much damage to the core Arena gameplay.

I'm not suggesting that it only took one or two months to make. I'm suggesting that that's all it should have taken. Whether or not 343 wastes times on such unnecessary endeavors is something I'm fairly certain that we're already aware of. 

Your position is "I'm sitting on this fence and being super democratic and extra objective because opinions are totally subjective and the moron majority rules!" You've made exactly no case whatsoever for emulating garbage default settings beyond the vague and largely unsupported assumption of the preferences of the unthinking majority and you continue to accuse others of bias for being opposed to OBJECTIVELY utter shit settings, based on well established arguments based on facts and game knowledge.

This "everything is subjective," "that's just your opinion, man" non-argument is intellectually lazy and a fucking waste of time. You know why these settings are better, based on your presence on this forum, and you're dancing around that FACT, because you think being objective means all "opinions" are equivalent. No, not all opinions are created equal. I can break down clearly and factually why starting with a decent precision weapon in a Halo game makes for a better experience at ALL levels. So can plenty of other people here. The kids who pick AR starts in MCC because they saw the words "Halo 3" and "Valhalla" on their 50 inch flat screen TV almost certainly cannot. The same can be said of the sizable portion of Halo's remaining population whose combat tactics largely involve various combinations of holding forward, spraying with bullet hoses, melee/Spartan charge, and shitting out nades instead of firing their weapons.

I made a case bro.. you disagree with it. Leave it at that.

When it comes to the "quality of an experience" its going to boil down to what individuals value out of an experience.

Getting slapped in the face is awful... unless you like getting slapped in the face. No matter how well you think your argument is supported by facts, the real fact is: not everyone values the same concepts you do - yet those concepts are the basis of your "factual" argument about the quality of a creative work - which is inherently subjective in nature. You can dive into how those peoples values are incorrect or inferior to your own, and we'll still be talking about subjective matters and biases.

I'm sorry if being called biased offends you. It shouldn't. It would be nice if everyone was biased towards what makes a well balanced halo game. We wouldnt be stuck playing h5.

I don't think all opinions are equal. I Never said as much. I think everyone is entitled to them though, and i think businesses have a responsibility to consider the concerns of their entire audience and try to appease as many audience members as possible. (No i dont think the h3 playlist is good business regardless of settings. I do think more existing h5 players will enjoy the playlist if the primary isnt a rifle designed for larger maps with assists that compesate for SAs that are turned off. H5BR starts were awful in the Beta, and would be even worse on h3 scaled maps.)

I've spoken on how i would handle things if i were in charge - its different from what these guys are doing.

No need to get all in your feelings, neither of us work on halo - at the end of the day, an h3 playlist isn't going to make or break halo, and really won't move the needle on h5, no matter what starting weapon they choose.

I dont see how I'm guilty of "wasting time". You aren't required to respond to me. And at the end of the day, nothing said here is going to have any impact on the h3 playlist whatsoever.

I'm done talking about it bro. Chill out

• Upvote (+1) 7

when someone runs at you and melees (not quite spartan charge), is there a way to influence the direction you "bounce" off the other player..? It seems like like every time it happens to me, I end up facing away from them and they end up facing towards me (and I mean Every Fucking Time) and get the beat down.. I'm now starting to wonder if my luck is really that bad, or is there some way to control bounce direction?

Starting weapon BS aside, I'll probably still play the fuck out of the H3 playlist. Who else should I look to invite when I see you on?

Starting weapon BS aside, I'll probably still play the fuck out of the H3 playlist. Who else should I look to invite when I see you on?

This guy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I recently started playing H5 (a used copy of course), my GT is Basuuuuu I'd love to play with you guys. Although I'm from EU, that could be an issue (totally understandable if you don't want me in a party if it causes too much lag).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I recently started playing H5, my GT is Basuuuuu I'd love to play with you guys. Although I'm from EU, that could be an issue (totally understandable if you don't want me in a party if it causes too much lag).

Np bud let's play!

When does it come out? Haven’t stayed in touch recently. I might slide through.