CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You guys are right to pile hate onto 343i, they have done nothing but damage to the Halo franchise. However, what is worse, the company that continues to fail Halo fans (343i), or the company that continues to give 343i the chance to fail (M$)? M$ let 343i release a completely broken game (MCC), and chose to leave it in a deporable state. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

You guys are right to pile hate onto 343i, they have done nothing but damage to the Halo franchise. However, what is worse, the company that continues to fail Halo fans (343i), or the company that continues to give 343i the chance to fail (M$)? M$ let 343i release a completely broken game (MCC), and chose to leave it in a deporable state.

Microsoft's Xbox division has been very poorly managed for the last 7 years or so. Halo is just another example of that.

Constantly making the wrong high level decisions, and slow to correct course. 343, like xbox, doesnt truly understand their market and they rely soley on trends to fill the blanks. This strategy doesnt work when it takes 3 years to develop a game - so the boat is continuously missed.

343 is a monument to the xbox division's failures - it was hand crafted by MS brass.

• Upvote (+1) 6

How can Phil Spencer be so dense? Does he have any clue how much 343 has damaged the Halo franchise, and more over, the Xbox brand?

It's the 10 year anniversary of the most popular Xbox game of all time and they are releasing the Xbox One X. What a huge missed opportunity. Are they counting on people buying this console to play Halo 5 in 4K, or what? Keep dreaming, Microsoft.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How can Phil Spencer be so dense? Does he have any clue how much 343 has damaged the Halo franchise, and more over, the Xbox brand?

It's the 10 year anniversary of the most popular Xbox game of all time and they are releasing the Xbox One X. What a huge missed opportunity. Are they counting on people buying this console to play Halo 5 in 4K, or what? Keep dreaming, Microsoft.

It's ok, they're releasing a Halo 3 anniversary playlist. Kappa

Apparently the H3 gametype uses AR/Gunfighter starts.

So that's a thing.

There are several forgers to thank for that, but that's a whole different barrel that I don't want to dive into.

So that's a thing.

I don't think there's any Halo 5 weapon they could use that would make me happy. The Halo 3 BR was poop so trying to create something like that would be a drag but any form of BR in Halo 5 is too easy to use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are they counting on people buying this console to play Halo 5 in 4K, or what? Keep dreaming, Microsoft.

They are completely delusional. Why are they trying to sell H5 as a graphically impressive game? H4 MCC and H2A look and run way better than H5. It's not even a comparison. A "4k upgrade" to a game that has th worst ground textures since 2007, no AA to be seen even in cutscenes, terrible FoV, and 30 FPS animations for anything past 20 meters is asinine.

The game also runs like hot garbage even on the best of PCs. No matter how strong the Xbox One X is, there will have to be thousands of additional man-hours to get H5 to run smoothly on it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So that's a thing.

is this a good or bad thing? BR starts would be more horrendous than they are in BTB.

Hopefully the AR is nerfed via the sandbox update in time for release :kappa:

We could end up with something that is close enough to h3 pacing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So that's a thing.

Where exactly did you get this info?

They are completely delusional. Why are they trying to sell H5 as a graphically impressive game? H4 MCC and H2A look and run way better than H5. It's not even a comparison. A "4k upgrade" to a game that has th worst ground textures since 2007, no AA to be seen even in cutscenes, terrible FoV, and 30 FPS animations for anything past 20 meters is asinine.

The game also runs like hot garbage even on the best of PCs. No matter how strong the Xbox One X is, there will have to be thousands of additional man-hours to get H5 to run smoothly on it.

They're doing it because getting your first party games in 4k is the minimum required. Hopefully they'll take this as an opportunity to improve the engine overall.

Rainbow six siege might be the most boring game ive ever played

THANK YOU! Someone agrees with me. I get that some people love it but my God do I think it's a snooze to play or watch.

• Downvote (-1) 1

THANK YOU! Someone agrees with me. I get that some people love it but my God do I think it's a snooze to play or watch.

The dumbbell drones, the weird maps, then just waiting and waiting, only for someone to shoot through a wall and kill you. No thanks. Give me CoD any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Casual's four minute rounds are ass cancer. Stick to ranked to keep the pace up. Casual is straight up not fun.

So that's a thing.

What kind of forger would try to simulate AR starts from H3?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

When is it OK to hide information from an opponent?

When there's a wall between you.

This news about the H3 starting weapons is extremely disappointing.

Nothing new here, move along.

What starting weapons would be ideal for this list? Anything short of recreating H3s weapon set would require compromises.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What starting weapons would be ideal for this list? Anything short of recreating H3s weapon set would require compromises.

Well that's the problem. Those are the ideal weapons and it probably isn't going to play like H3 without them. Even if they did recreate the weapons it won't be right. Its why my opinion is that they should stick to H5 being H5 and H6 being H6 etc and if they feel the need for a classic experience they should create specifically that rather than trying to force it into a place where it just isn't really going to work.

As for the earlier discussion about Phil not understanding the damage 343 does etc it probably comes down to the fact that 343 was created by the Xbox division and everyone in charge of 343 is probably best friends with those people. They simply silence the sentiment that something is completely wrong by totally ignoring it like it doesn't exist. It'll take someone in a very high position noticing the players themselves rather than any sort of movement from within the upper management at 343. Who's actually going to call them on their BS before "Director for X AAA titles" etc hits their resume and they abandon ship?

tl;dr there's probably some pretty serious nepotism going on as that's almost always the case when an enormous amount of failure is constantly allowed while everyone looks the other way

• Downvote (-1) 1