CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They shouldn't make up the majority of your map pool though.  You shouldn't have more than one or two.  Sanctuary, Foundation, Warlock, Midship...they're all the same basic concept, only differing in size and quality.  And it's not an interesting concept to begin with, at least not compared to more abstract maps like Imminent, Damnation, The Pit, etc.

But those other maps only worked because of the unique sandbox that is CE.

What about every game after it, specifically, Halo 5? Surely arena style maps like Sanc, Warlock, Midship etc may not seem "interesting" but it sure as hell beats Molten, Plaza, Empire, Overgrowth, and Riptide by a significant margin.

It seems to me like you're confusing "abstract" with asymmetrical, which aren't really the same thing. One could argue that Backwash was rather abstract. What other maps played/resembled that map?

I personally think the uniqueness is upheld to how the flow of gameplay is standardized on a map. Maps like Midship, Sanc, etc. have a very seamless flow of gameplay. Then you have maps like Overgrowth where there's no structure whatsoever; just a bunch of isolated corridors with terrible lines of sight. Sure, they offer variety to the spectrum of maps, but these they become a detriment to the overall enjoyment of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

youre lucky i was patient and kept the deaths down, or we would have blown that.

Silly smurf name btw lol

Bruh I was straight dealing damage lol. The last kill I saved my teammate when he was absolute if we lost I would've been PISSED. And of course, gotta keep the alt names top tier.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know when the old Halos are backwards compat?

No date - ske7ch said they'd hope they would be by now but Xbox BC team held them back for polish.

Shouldn't be long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"H2 slayer"

With sprint

That's like calling vanilla cake with a little bit of chocolate icing chocolate cake.

• Upvote (+1) 4

"H2 slayer"

With sprint

That's like calling vanilla cake with a little bit of chocolate icing chocolate cake.

thecakeisalie.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Breakout maps :kappa:

Well the last time we started with the H2 BR, it WAS on Breakout maps ( Valentine's Day 2016), so I wouldn't put it past them. If the maps weren't so linear it wouldn't even be that bad tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well the last time we started with the H2 BR, it WAS on Breakout maps ( Valentine's Day 2016), so I wouldn't put it past them. If the maps weren't so linear it wouldn't even be that bad tbh.

True that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the other updates not done? Why only give a partial list?

It's most likely to help cushion community updates between now and when the changes go live. 

Are the other updates not done? Why only give a partial list?

This is 343 we're talking about here. They've always treated their customers like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's most likely to help cushion community updates between now and when the changes go live. 

Not saying you're wrong at all but that is just stupid as fuck. 343 and their carrots on a stick man.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not saying you're wrong at all but that is just stupid as fuck. 343 and their carrots on a stick man.

I mean, I doubt it's the whole story. More often than not things are more complex behind the scenes and could be a combination of plenty of things. i.e., wanting something to talk about in the community update in and/or not having finalized all the changes. 

Personally I'd rather they start the conversation now than hold out on information until right before the update. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tuning changes being made to the Beam Rifle are designed to create parity with the UNSC Sniper Rifle update that went live in March, ensuring both weapons continue to excel in their intended roles but don’t over-excel in hip-firing situations.

Uh oh, this already has me worried. If they nerf the Beam Rifle to make in on par with the current Sniper Rifle, that basically means the current Sniper is here to stay, otherwise why would they make the new Beam Rifle on par with it? That basically means another 1.5 years of "everyone instantly turns intoSnip3down when they pick up the Sniper Rifle".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uh oh, this already has me worried. If they nerf the Beam Rifle to make in on par with the current Sniper Rifle, that basically means the current Sniper is here to stay, otherwise why would they make the new Beam Rifle on par with it? That basically means another 1.5 years of "everyone instantly turns intoSnip3down when they pick up the Sniper Rifle".

How else are people supposed to get kills with everybody thrusting and sprinting all over the place? Soccer moms need to get kills too!

• Upvote (+1) 1