CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Would you be opposed to the removal of the windshield for the transport falcon pilot? Every seat would be open to the air, like a mongoose. This would allow pilots to quickly hop in and out, forgoing some lengthy animation of the cockpit opening and closing. The open design would also make every player directly vulnerable to enemy small arms fire.

F7s2z7q.png

Would you be opposed to the removal of the windshield for the transport falcon pilot? Every seat would be open to the air, like a mongoose. This would allow pilots to quickly hop in and out, forgoing some lengthy animation of the cockpit opening and closing. The open design would also make every player directly vulnerable to enemy small arms fire.

Cool idea. I actually like that one.

Cool idea. I actually like that one.

If there is going to be an aerial vehicle that can transport objective carriers, should there not also be a vehicle dedicated to taking them out?

How about an anti aircraft wraith that can fire fuel rods into the sky, from two automatic cannons mounted atop the vehicle. All airborne fuel rods can be simultaneously steered by the driver's reticle placement, like laser guided rockets. In addition, all airborne fuel rods can be simultaneously detonated by the driver, like a massive airburst attack

If there is going to be an aerial vehicle that can transport objective carriers, should there not also be a vehicle dedicated to taking them out?

How about an anti aircraft wraith that can fire fuel rods into the sky, from two automatic cannons mounted atop the vehicle. All airborne fuel rods can be simultaneously steered by the driver's reticle placement, like laser guided rockets. In addition, all airborne fuel rods can be simultaneously detonated by the driver, like a massive airburst attack

as long as there's no dpad control ;)

Also, I'm pretty sure they had something like this in spv3 and it was pretty dope.

I've always wondered why there wasn't any type of interest expanding from Halo Reach with this and integrating a multiplayer component to it.

This would be a bad ass game mode and that's word to Star Fox.

I wholeheartedly wish I could work on some design work for Halo at times (I definitely have the programming ability, I'm sure of it) because I have these types of ideas all the time and I wish they would stop trying to re-invent the recipe that already existed and worked, but yet, expand on the universe in which it exists.

Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere, they were trying to make it into a multi player mode but just couldn't get it right/not enough time/not high enough quality.

The Railgun should be discontinued as an infantry weapon and become the turret on the "new Gauss Hog". A short charge up period before firing, and a slower projectile speed, would do a great deal to balance the extreme power of the Gauss Hog vs infantry and other vehicles.

An unlimited ammo turret, where the operator is afforded some cover, and can move around the map around at high speeds, should not be as powerful as the Gauss Hog currently is.

The "Railgun Hog" is still a one hit kill against infantry but will require a bit more skill to operate than the rolling sniper-rocket death machine.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wouldn't be completely opposed to a transport vehicle, but it might depend on how exposed the objective carrier is and how much damage the vehicle could take. If the player is sitting on the sides, then that wouldn't be bad.

On a random note, Menke just confirmed in the MM feedback thread that there were only 7 people in the Euro servers Doubles playlist at one point in time yesterday.

what mm feedback thread?

I've always wondered why there wasn't any type of interest expanding from Halo Reach with this and integrating a multiplayer component to it.

This would be a bad ass game mode and that's word to Star Fox.

I wholeheartedly wish I could work on some design work for Halo at times (I definitely have the programming ability, I'm sure of it) because I have these types of ideas all the time and I wish they would stop trying to re-invent the recipe that already existed and worked, but yet, expand on the universe in which it exists.

I don't really want a spaceship gamemode where you fight against other players, but I really do want one where you race against other players, with lots of obstacles/enemies in your race path, like one of the campaign levels in Halo 4. 

Since when did this:

9f8aeAl.png

Become prettier than this:

XND4tdS.png

Truth looks like the covies turned on a fog machine then installed flood lights all over the place so they can navigate through the fog.

I just don't get why 343 threw in all this rendering tech that just makes it harder to see.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Truth looks like the covies turned on a fog machine then installed flood lights all over the place so they can navigate through the fog.

I just don't get why 343 threw in all this rendering tech that just makes it harder to see.

#immersion 

And that I'm sure adds to the computational requirements. I wonder if they could just lock most maps at 900p if they just stripped out the purely ambient particle effects

Truth does look a lot better to me, but Heretic plays a lot better.

How the Hell can you tell? I Can't see anything for the lens flares.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really want a spaceship gamemode where you fight against other players, but I really do want one where you race against other players, with lots of obstacles/enemies in your race path, like one of the campaign levels in Halo 4. 

A space battle type game mode would fit in great expanding from the campaign. Squadron mode in Star Wars Battlefront is kind of how I see that and that mode was a ton of fun. They already had a race mode in Halo 3 in matchmaking lol. It was kind of wack. Not only that, this would actually resemble a form of combative competition (for the record for everyone reading, competition =/= MLG lol).

Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere, they were trying to make it into a multi player mode but just couldn't get it right/not enough time/not high enough quality.

For some reason I felt like I read this too somewhere. Can't remember off the top of my head. They literally just needed to start from the drawing board at how Starfox was designed, and make that work for here. Would be bad ass. And would actually give 343 an excuse to go all out with Promethean vehicle designs. As opposed to the the stupid Wasps lol.

Heretic is one of the ugliest remakes ever. They went overboard with the color

Uh.

No.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Heretic is one of the ugliest remakes ever. They went overboard with the color

Objectively false.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Does anyone here prefer Heretic to Midship? When Heretic first came out I thought wow doesn't look as good as midship. It's one of the best remakes in the series regardless.

I'm guessing GunRanger feels they went overboard with the amount of purple everywhere. I've had more new players confused about a  P1/P2/P3 call out on heretic than on midship. If thats what he's implying I than I definitely agree.

Does anyone here prefer Heretic to Midship? When Heretic first came out I thought wow doesn't look as good as midship. It's one of the best remakes in the series regardless.

I'm guessing GunRanger feels they went overboard with the amount of purple everywhere. I've had more new players confused about a P1/P2/P3 call out on heretic than on midship. If thats what he's implying I than I definitely agree.

Aside from the fact that i think the carbine and the bases are worse than midship, the color of the map is hideous. One ultra shiny and bright purple. It's trash