CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You've seen the changes?

TELL US

Nah, just want to get drunk with Neighbor again this weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not gonna get too excited with the changes just yet. We all remember the awesome changes they did to Reach at the end but then we got Halo 4. I'll get excited when we actually see Halo 6 gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For what it's worth Tashi had posted that ARs won't be back in for the Fall Season and that overall the changes would be minimal (until the seasons over). 

Extend RRR, remove bullet magnetism, and lower the perfect TTK by 1 shot.

Boom, better game.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Nah, just want to get drunk with Neighbor again this weekend. 

Dont we all.....

That dude is still doing videos?

What content does he even have to go off of?

I think he's doing some Destiny 2 news; he recently made a video talking about how he wants 343 to revert back to classic gameplay in future Halo games

Would there be any value in an aerial vehicle that has no inherent offensive capabilities but is capable of transporting an objective carrier? Like a Halo 3 Hornet without frontal weapons or a Halo Reach Falcon without side turrets. A "flying mongoose" if you will.

The two players in the side seats could still fire their hand weapons but there are no weapons built into the vehicle. Could a vehicle like this have a legitimate place in BTB objective matches?

Would there be any value in an aerial vehicle that has no inherent offensive capabilities but is capable of transporting an objective carrier? Like a Halo 3 Hornet without frontal weapons or a Halo Reach Falcon without side turrets. A "flying mongoose" if you will.

The two players in the side seats could still fire their hand weapons but there are no weapons built into the vehicle. Could a vehicle like this have a legitimate place in BTB objective matches?

For sure. I've actually wanted one for a while. Just a transport version of the Falcon would be fine by me.

Idk, don't you think it should have some sort of vertical death beam coming out of the bottom of the vehicle? Maybe one that can destroy anything under it, even through buildings?

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's what every vehicle should be. Fuck attack vehicles in Halo they are never balanced. The only advantage to a vehicle should be health and mobility.

Since when did this:

9f8aeAl.png

Become prettier than this:

XND4tdS.png

Honestly, Truth looks amazing. Maybe if the color changed to the regular purple instead of blue, but I don't mind how it looks.

Honestly, Truth looks amazing. Maybe if the color changed to the regular purple instead of blue, but I don't mind how it looks.

When I look at Midship or Heretic I think "Religious".

When I look at Truth I think "beetle"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've always wondered why there wasn't any type of interest expanding from Halo Reach with this and integrating a multiplayer component to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9K4T7T7HUY

This would be a bad ass game mode and that's word to Star Fox.

I wholeheartedly wish I could work on some design work for Halo at times (I definitely have the programming ability, I'm sure of it) because I have these types of ideas all the time and I wish they would stop trying to re-invent the recipe that already existed and worked, but yet, expand on the universe in which it exists.

Literally one of my favorite campaign missions. Bungie nailed Reach's campaign imo, all the missions were fun. I've been wanting something like this or SWBII's space battles in Halo for the longest time. Fuck WZ, I'm sure this would have been an even greater addition to halo multiplayer. It would probably be even easier than WZ to make, and reqs could be based off of skins for the ships (idk just spitballing).

When I look at Midship or Heretic I think "Religious".

When I look at Truth I think "beetle"

One of my biggest frustrations with 343's Covenant aesthetic is how it went from "aliens who really like purple" to "made by the residents of secret insect kingdom".

Heck, the whole aesthetic transition is still probably the most jarring non-gameplay thing in the whole series. H1-H2 was a huge improvement in terms of detail but still feels similar. H3 was a prettier H2 for the most part. Reach changed a lot of stuff on the visual front but still managed to leave the general "feel" of each faction intact.

Then H4 just comes along and completely redesigns a load of visual assets that in terms of continuity shouldn't have been redesigned. The back of Chief's gloves changing shape between H2 and 3 is one thing, but everything that H4 thrusts on you in the first mission alone is just nonsensical.

I know that from a production standpoint it wouldn't be very practical, but introducing new stuff gradually and at a time that made sense (ie: drastically new armour and weapon models introduced when Chief finally meets up with the UNSC and gets a chance to re-equip on the Infinity like how your new armour and adjusted shield/health mechanics are given context in H2) would make them a lot more palatable.

And that's just the basic UNSC stuff...

It's not even as though I outright dislike the new designs (although I absolutely prefer the Bungie team's art), it's mostly that it's really frustrating to make them align in my head.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I wouldn't be completely opposed to a transport vehicle, but it might depend on how exposed the objective carrier is and how much damage the vehicle could take. If the player is sitting on the sides, then that wouldn't be bad.

On a random note, Menke just confirmed in the MM feedback thread that there were only 7 people in the Euro servers Doubles playlist at one point in time yesterday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a random note, Menke just confirmed in the MM feedback thread that there were only 7 people in the Euro servers Doubles playlist at one point in time yesterday.

#sustain in full swing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It certainly looks cool on screenshots, but playing on Truth or any H5 map for that matter is a disaster. Just so many distractions, visual noise and blinding lights. The H5 aesthetics would been cool as a Theater filter to make shiny montages and screenshots, but for gameplay I very much prefer the H3 visuals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For sure. I've actually wanted one for a while. Just a transport version of the Falcon would be fine by me.

Do you think the transport falcon should have any defensive counter measures available to the pilot? Like say, the pilot presses a button and a bubble shield surrounds the vehicle for a second, causing the incoming enemy rocket to harmlessly explode a few feet away from the vehicle. The defensive countermeasure could have a long cooldown so it can only avoid the first rocket, not the second.

Do you think the transport falcon should have any defensive counter measures available to the pilot? Like say, the pilot presses a button and a bubble shield surrounds the vehicle for a second, causing the incoming enemy rocket to harmlessly explode a few feet away from the vehicle. The defensive countermeasure could have a long cooldown so it can only avoid the first rocket, not the second.

No. And No.

I'm actually playing Halo again :)

Sweet, the other 10 guys have been wanting more people to play with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No. And No.

Would you be opposed to the removal of the windshield for the transport falcon pilot? Every seat would be open to the air, like a mongoose. This would allow pilots to quickly hop in and out, forgoing some lengthy animation of the cockpit opening and closing. The open design would also make every player directly vulnerable to enemy small arms fire.

• Upvote (+1) 2