CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Understandable. But if you only had the choice of playing TMCC collection with no ranks or the halo 5 beta, what would you play?

MCC

Gameplay > Features 

An excellent game will have great gameplay and great features. Halo 5 is almost there but it needs some work for sure. 

Lol @ Gandhi & Ninja.

Gandhi is a sellout and flip-flops on shit more than Mitt Romney, and Ninja likes anything you put in front of him (case in point: he thinks Destiny multiplayer is great).

The reality is that none of them would likely make too much of a significant difference. Even if they spoke out against sprint and were not ignored, the rest of 343 would trump them anyway, as would the suits who see Call of Duty and Destiny and want to cash in on their success by effectively cloning them.

They're like the investors of a movie, who directly fuck up what is otherwise a sublime & interesting script by "noting" it to death; in other words, the people who have more money than they know what to do with yet have absolutely no clue about how to make a movie, demand the director include/exclude/change parts of a movie based on some shit they liked in some other movie they saw a week ago without any regard of how or why it could or should work in the movie they're investing in. For a perfect (albeit slightly but not overtly exaggerated) example, watch "An Evening With Kevin Smith" for his recollection of Jon Peters, or the notes he had to take on Mallrats.

Same goes for video games. Not to take the blame off of 343 entirely; they're more than capable of pushing back on things (e.g. descope) of need be.

Eragon is another good topic about ruined movies....

But,  At this point, I think i would be much happier if i never saw another Halo title,  Then seeing this trash with the halo name keep being released,  at least if i never saw another title i can officially consider it buried.

This ranking system is absurd.

There is no reason I should be playing against "semi-pro" and onyx players while I only have silver and first 10 games players on my team.

Also, I hate radar with a passion.

For those people who believe Sprint would be OK when they can't sprint unless having full shields...

I get one shot, kill the asshole who's shooting at me, the guy spawns, sprints and finishes me off, is as frustrating as having an opponent running away of a shitty. I can't fucking run away because my shield regenerates after 4 seconds, while spawns are 3 seconds and sprint/thurster/huge maps with no covers don't help. Should I go to a safer place after a sucessfull encounter while everyone has the ability to sprint at me and finish me off isn't cool at all.

Seriously, Thruster is OK for me. But I believe Sprint shouldn't be a thing. After so many different type of sprints in Halo and differwnt discussions about it, Sprint shouldn't be a thing in Halo. Goddammit, Counter Strike had almost the same gameplay for YEARS, they had 4 million players in November in CS:GO (yes, they have Online Counter of the population) and they didn't add shit like sprint.

Don't just sit there and try hard to balance a mechanic and make it useless. Like Slide or Spartan Charge, pretty useless IMO. Just don't put it in the game. That solves so many things.

Also, for Josh's tweet about the ranks, wow. Just wow. I'm in Vancouver, trying to have a decent game while playing by myself w/o friends, but when everyone in my team is Onyx and half of the team goes fucking -20 while I do my best to both enjoy the game and win the damn match, I get deranked to Onyx 1 and get punished for searching alone in MM. Bull crap. Sorry, I understand thanks to few members of this forum that I could get no-ranked people from time to time. But people who have Onyx or even Semi Pro are worse than horseshit? And I get -90 points for my rank? Wow. Just wow.

There are things that frustrate me quite a lot. And you can say how competitive, how addicting, or how interesting the game is. But Halo 5 isn't Halo at all. Sounds, Medals, Gameplay, etc.

It just doesn't feel right for me, and in my honest opinion I feel that must of the game isn't Halo. Maybe is just me.

EDIT: screw my grammar haha

• Upvote (+1) 3

Understandable. But if you only had the choice of playing TMCC collection with no ranks or the halo 5 beta, what would you play?

Holy shit MCC still doesn't have ranks yet? What in the fuck is going on?! :lxthul:

Holy shit MCC still doesn't have ranks yet? What in the fuck is going on?! :lxthul:

What's the point in having ranks when the game is still a broken piece of shit? Since the last patch I can't find a game in over half the playlists!

What's the point in having ranks when the game is still a broken piece of shit? Since the last patch I can't find a game in over half the playlists!

That's funny isn't it, I can find Halo 5 games easily.

Went and played a few games of H2A, wasn't having fun, went back to this, and realized how much more I enjoyed it. Dunno if it's more competitive, but the shooting skill gap is so refreshing.

And the ranking system is addictive. Makes me want to play way more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Went and played a few games of H2A, wasn't having fun, went back to this, and realized how much more I enjoyed it. Dunno if it's more competitive, but the shooting skill gap is so refreshing.

And the ranking system is addictive. Makes me want to play way more.

Halo 5 is a good casual game, something H2A is bad at being. 

I've started using the SMG more than the AR, BR and DMR. It's the most overpowered weapon in the entire beta by far! I can spray down people like it's nothing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've started using the SMG more than the AR, BR and DMR. It's the most overpowered weapon in the entire beta by far! I can spray down people like it's nothing. 

BR + SMG is the best combo in the game. And if I have to drop one or the other for the sniper, I honestly just stick with the SMG over the BR: the range scoped in, and the amount of pure concentrated shredding power is unmatched. If you walk over an SMG and don't pick it up, you're doing it wrong.

BR + SMG is the best combo in the game. And if I have to drop one or the other for the sniper, I honestly just stick with the SMG over the BR: the range scoped in, and the amount of pure concentrated shredding power is unmatched. If you walk over an SMG and don't pick it up, you're doing it wrong.

I could argue that the DMR is slightly better than the BR, at least for me.

The flinch can fuck up your BR shot if you take any damage mid-burst, causing you to miss bullets and not deal full damage.

But I do love the SMG.

halo in 2015

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could argue that the DMR is slightly better than the BR, at least for me.

The flinch can fuck up your BR shot if you take any damage mid-burst, causing you to miss bullets and not deal full damage.

But I do love the SMG.

I think on Truth if your playstyle is more ranged based the DMR is absolutely the better weapon over the BR. 

So is there a "point threshold" to reach Pro? I'm sitting at around 1600 in Semi-pro, and have no idea what I need to rank up.

Got my first Two-In-One Snipe today, and there is no odder experience than hearing the announcer practically whisper through my headphones "Snipeltaneous". He says it so oddly, yet kinda cool. Still to many medals, but I do like that particular one. 

Guns;

- BR/AR feel good to shoot. The low amount of aim assist is welcomed. Perfect Kill medal is awesome. DMR/Pistol not so much. The kickback on both can be incredibly frustrating. Or maybe it's just flinch...
- Flinch needs to go. Period.
- AR headshot damage is unnecessary.
- The sniper needs tweaking. It feels slow and clunky. Reloading is especially exaggeratedly slow. Scope in needs to be instant. Fire rate needs a buff. And the sound of getting sniped needs to be amplified. I can't tell if I'm getting sniped until I already get sniped.
- ADS. If you're going to defend the change and say it's purely cosmetic, then make it purely cosmetic. Otherwise the advantage for scoping in for automatics needs to be slightly reduced.
- Functionally, I don't mind ADS. The zoom-in needs to be instant. If I switch weapons, I should be able to scope in right away like old Halo's. Visually, the screen is cluttered, especially with the DMR. The DMR's look is awful. It's awful to use, it's awful to look at. The other weapons not so much, but if you insist on designing a different ADS for every weapon, I'm a bit skeptical. Already I can see the Lightrifle's ADS isn't great. I'll never accept ADS in Halo, but I will begrudgingly get used to it.

Movement;

- Slide is useless. No one uses it. It doesn't add anything to the game.
- Sprint still has it's moments where it calls for its removal. You can get from base to base on Truth without punishment so easily. It disrupts the flow of the map. People can still turn tail and run away.

Maps;

Truth;

- Gorgeous.
- But really hard to differentiate between towers. There needs to be more visual cues. Maybe remove the roof off Carbine tower or make Pink tower actually look pink.
- Does not work with AR starts. Spawning/pushing tower with an AR/pistol is miserable due to how open it is.

Empire;

- Between the two it works better with AR starts due to it's smaller side and number of smaller rooms.
- Lack of sightlines between outside and inside. Tower side needs to be expanded a bit. Remove some cover between outside and inside and open the map up a bit.
- The map size is nice right now, but having to clamber to get anywhere up top is kind of a buzzkill.
- If two snipers are to work on this map, they should be at either starting base. Then have like sword/overshield outside/tower.

Other;

- I hate the beginning/end 'cutscenes' of spartan's being bros.
- Bring back the countdown before the game. Right now it's just 'spartan trying to look co- OK GO'
- Probably still being tweaked but, if you're gold and you're searching alone, you should only match up with other gold or higher. If you're with an onyx/semi-pro, then match accordingly. I searched earlier with my friend who has the Pro rank, but our teammate was someone who hadn't even been ranked yet. One game I won maybe 50-11. Next game I get defeated 50-5. It's beyond inconsistent.
- Sound design is by far the greatest it's ever been. Every grenade, punch, bullet sounds like it hurts.

- But I don't like the change to the shield recharge sound. New one is too basic.
- Weapons on map need to be more apparent. Halo 2 anniversary did this well.
- It should be press 'X' to view killcam, not the other way around. The killcam as it is does not function very well, and it's been 3 iterations. Kinda hilarious.
- In regards to spartan chatter, why does it feel necessary for it to say 'Sniper rifles are up' and then immediately say 'Power weapons are up'. Why not just one or the other, preferably the former. It clutters the chatter, which is constant enough as it is with unnecessary lines like 'nice shot' or 'good eye'. Make it so only necessary lines are said.
- Same with Steitzer. I'm fine with having 50 million medals, but he should only be voicing the main ones, like multikills/sprees. Throw in a Perfect Kill or a Reversal but leave out stuff like 'Brawler' 'Snipeltaneous'.

Also, why can't maps only have certain gametypes. Earlier I mentioned Empire works with AR starts but Truth does not. Why not make certain maps have gametypes catered to them when it comes to AR/BR starts.

@@Sal1ent

Have you considered halo's core mechanics when building halo 5? The golden triangle? Arena styled move and shoot gameplay? And how the new additions have affected the core gameplay?

So is there a "point threshold" to reach Pro? I'm sitting at around 1600 in Semi-pro, and have no idea what I need to rank up.

Top 200 in Semi-Pro are Pro.

Right now every Pro is at least 1750.

That moment when you realize NBA Street had no sprint. But the best part is Josh Holmes was the lead designer.

Deleted the r/Halo thread. It is obvious that the Halo 4 kids are out in full force on that piece of crap, and 343 have shown to us that they just don't get it.

Halo is DEAD. It really is time to move on.

Agreed

343 is going to move on with Halo 5 with or without the few hundred people here voicing their disdain.  As long as they're willing to dump money in to any sort of tournament setup, people will play it.  It's exactly how LoL has stayed afloat for so long despite being the skill-less call of duty of its genre.