CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

His reply is extremely disappointing and makes me feel like he does not have a grasp on the Halo community at all. 

How I see the Halo Community Right now:

r/Halo - HaloWayPoint Forums - Beyond Forums

These communities are extremely different, and yet On. Every. Single. Platform. Sprint has been ousted.

Yeah, but the silent majority! Self-selection bias! Adapt!

His reply is extremely disappointing and makes me feel like he does not have a grasp on the Halo community at all. 

These communities are extremely different, and yet On. Every. Single. Platform. Sprint has been ousted.

Just FYI, Chronos, the Bungie employee, said this during Halo Reach. Claimed that polls on any website, including Bungie.net were not representative of the Halo community. 

Full circle anyone? 

On. Every. Single. Platform. Sprint has been ousted.

Completely with you, as I'm sure this and other forums/community members are too. I replied "urging 343 to put an official sprint poll on their forums and observe the results".

Well sprint will never be removed based on the comments. Unfortunately it seems they will pull anything to "discredit" your post. Maybe like someone said earlier, You can't sprint unless you are full shields. That'd be pretty good. Or you can't sprint if you are one shot. 

Just FYI, Chronos, the Bungie employee, said this during Halo Reach. Claimed that polls on any website, including Bungie.net were not representative of the Halo community. 

It is a sad excuse to brush off community feedback and gives you a justification to do whatever you want. Again, this is why the Pro Team is so important. They could very well be the reason Halo 5 will be a  great title, and I would bet my life they are the reason descope is back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Since sprint takes up most of the gameplay:

Annoncer: "Marathon!" or just “sprint”

Description: Every time you sprint 100m without stopping. 

go search 50 MLG right now and see if you get randoms with no chemistry or quitters, grievers and bad kids. Yea, you won't be finding anything of the sort and you'll only match players within the ranks of 40-50, mostly 45 and up, not level 30's and below. The halo 5 rank system is great in concept, but something is clearly off with it, I should not be an Onyx II and matching up with players that put up 0-19 stats, ever.

Well seeing as how the game is based off of W/L compared to performance, it may just be a case of bad players riding on the skill of players that are actually good. At Silver 3, I've been paired up with Golds that are horribly trash.

That's just a grown-up way of saying NUH-UHHHH, THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!

Completely with you, as I'm sure this and other forums/community members are too. I replied "urging 343 to put an official sprint poll on their forums and observe the results".

Or you know, in their own beta. But that makes too much sense.

But hey, lets see if you want to play with a new toy or not!

They forgot to poll the COD community.

You were joking but you are right.

343 isn't trying to sell the existing Halo community the game. They already know most of us will buy it no matter how bad it is. They are trying to get new people to buy it.

Also I'm not sure how much money they make from map packs, but I'm guessing it pales in comparison to game sales. So they don't give a shit if the population drops to 2,000 after one week as long as they got those initial sales.

My advice? Don't buy it new, used only. Also spread the word that it sucks to every community that you can. Tell them about how they don't fix their games because almost 2 months later MCC is still a mess. 343 won't listen until they stop making stupid amounts of money. They have Bungies ego and no talent, it's such a disaster right now that the only thing that can stop them is if the sales bomb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well seeing as how the game is based off of W/L compared to performance, it may just be a case of bad players riding on the skill of players that are actually good. At Silver 3, I've been paired up with Golds that are horribly trash.

Yea, this is the problem. Scrubs are getting carried and then when they search alone, they get matched up with good players and bring them down. It's ridiculous. However, If someone gets carried to a silver II or even Gold I, I don't want to ever match them if we're not in the same rank.

They have Bungies ego and no talent, it's such a disaster right now that the only thing that can stop them is if the sales bomb.

That is one of the most accurate things I have read today.  :goat:  :flames:  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sad part is that if Waypoint, r/Halo, and/or Beyond forums were overwhelmingly in favour of sprint, suddenly those results/feedback would be viable and not subject to the criticisms of selection bias.

You know it. I know it. They know it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really shows they aren't aiming to please Halo fans.  They say they are, but bringing up that bias says otherwise.  We are no longer the target audience. 

They have Bungies ego and no talent, it's such a disaster right now that the only thing that can stop them is if the sales bomb.

Who's got pull at IGN? Blackmail them into ordering daily "Halo 5 is bad" articles published on their site and we'll be well on our way.

I'm starting to think the beta was more of a "help us find all the bugs so we don't have to do it" more than a "help influence design decisions". Anyone else agree?

There will still situations where players will run away from bad situations before they get shot, players sprinting off spawn across the map making map awareness unpredictable at times, players sprinting towards players to get a melee in before they get shot and other things. If we have to keep thinking of new ways to balance sprint then it's beyond obvious now the mechanic will simply not work. 

imagine a 49-49 scenario where your team is making a push on Truth. Your team is at blue base and pink 1. Suddenly you notice a player on the opposing team is at pink 2, he is full shields and the rest of his team is at Car side. You call him out to coordinate a flank from pink 1 and a push from blue base to trap and kill him...however, him being full shields with the sprint mechanic available to him usain bolt's it from P2 to top mid before a single bullet can touch him. He gets behind the shields, recovers his health and then sprints away to either Car or Red base. Good job, good effort blue team.

Sprint cannot be balanced in Halo.

Sorry, I see where you are going but I disagree.

First, that is a terrible strategy if nobody was looking pink window. Second, Truth is stretched so it should take the same amount of time to get to top mid. Third, the first or second example don't even matter because the point for this idea is for everyone/most of us to agree with one way to go.

You were joking but you are right.

343 isn't trying to sell the existing Halo community the game. They already know most of us will buy it no matter how bad it is. They are trying to get new people to buy it.

Also I'm not sure how much money they make from map packs, but I'm guessing it pales in comparison to game sales. So they don't give a shit if the population drops to 2,000 after one week as long as they got those initial sales.

My advice? Don't buy it new, used only. Also spread the word that it sucks to every community that you can. Tell them about how they don't fix their games because almost 2 months later MCC is still a mess. 343 won't listen until they stop making stupid amounts of money. They have Bungies ego and no talent, it's such a disaster right now that the only thing that can stop them is if the sales bomb.

I would think they want the community to stay. I mean if 50,000 people buy one $10 map pack, that's $500,000 right there. Then you have a second and third map pack, maybe even a fourth. Then there is undoubtedly going to be weapon/armor skins for purchase, so that is going to bring in more revenue. Like that has to bring in at least $1,500,000. At least. Then if you have a strong community backing, more and people buy the DLC, bringing in more $$$

Yes week 1, Black friday, and Christmas week sales are the most important, but that extra revenue is also nice to have. The HCS was probably made with that in mind as well as a competitive focus.