CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's absolutely not proof man, not in the least.

It is. They could have skipped a beta, released minimal details and just put out the game. They are seeking feedback.

As well as Descope being back in Halo is another indicator that they are willing to change their stance on things. I bet the Pro Team had a good amount to do with that.

Can we at least have the 500 meter dash gamemode? Imagine the meta game guys. 

oKeHqHf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

It is. They could have skipped a beta, released minimal details and just put out the game. They are seeking feedback.

They could've given us a beta in Summer 2015 and everything would basically be the same, except for the fact that we would not be discussing "no sprint", as we would know that it was too close to launch to get rid of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/550810166283612163

look at this shit in regards to the rank system. This is 343's outlook on Halo..."you never know who you'll get"...really? so my rank means nothing, I just have to adapt and deal with whoever I get on my team when I search matchmaking. 

good lord man.

It's true. If you want to succeed, get yourself a team of competent players that know what they're doing. Playing with randoms offers no chemistry, and they may end up being quitters, grievers, or just plain bad.

To charge the guy next to you or to :prayers: and go for the straight sprint?  So immersive.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/550810166283612163

look at this shit in regards to the rank system. This is 343's outlook on Halo..."you never know who you'll get"...really? so my rank means nothing, I just have to adapt and deal with whoever I get on my team when I search matchmaking.  I would really love to hear from 343 why "you never know who you'll get" is acceptable from a rank system.

good lord man.

To be fair, that's how it is in League of Legends (or at least used to be). There will always be lucked involved by placing the rank on team win versus individual performance, but I think it is better this way. It definitely makes me want to play harder and work with what you got to win. And by probability, if you're doing well, you should be winning more games than losing - it should roughly even out in the end. 

But I get you, it's frustrating as fuck right now because you're not getting matched with other people your rank, so you get the two pros on the other team while you're stuck with two people who haven't received a rank. 

How is that self selection, it's a post with polls from literally the only 3 Halo communities that exist.

They forgot to poll the COD community.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's true. If you want to succeed, get yourself a team of competent players that know what they're doing. Playing with randoms offers no chemistry, and they may end up being quitters, grievers, or just plain bad.

In halo 3 ranking system once you got near where you where supposed to be, you actually got put with people near your skill level, sure some people didn't play at that level the whole time, but getting -20s every. single. game. was uncommon

oKeHqHf.jpg

i just lol'd...wow  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is that self selection, it's a post with polls from literally the only 3 Halo communities that exist.

My replies:

(Sorry for edits. Trying to get the whole conversation in here.)

Is this "feel like a spartan" bullshit getting on anyone else's last nerve? That's probably going to be the fucking tagline for the Halo 5 commercials next fall. I can see it now and it makes me want to vomit my own testicles. And no, I don't feel like a spartan in Halo 5, I feel like the main character of some teenager's shitty Halo fan fiction.

Who ever said 343I removed sprint in 2012 is wrong, We removed it in reach, because we always had the option to, due to it being an AA.

The only credit they get is removing bloom from the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

His point being that someone else quitting is not a reflection of anything to do with him, and therefore his rank (which is something that is supposed to be entirely reflective of him) should not be so negatively affected by that.

It would be annoying, but having a game that results in a teammate quitting not actually count towards one's rank would be a simple, albeit sometimes frustrating solution. Especially if it were setup so that the person(s) who quit are punished significantly, be it by a temporary ban or by a significant rank penalty... or both!

Another solution would be to weight the impact of losing an uneven game (due to a quitter) less than if the match finished with every player who started and actively played. For example, if losing against an equally matched team resulted in, say, losing 10xp, losing against that same team whilst down a teammate would result in only losing 2xp, while winning with the full roster would result in gaining 10xp and winning whilst down a teammate would result in gaining 15xp (with consistent multipliers for each teammate who quits, eventually resulting in a 0 loss / 2-times gain, or -0 loss / + 20 gain, in the event of more than 1 quitter).

Also, if more than one teammate quits, leaving said match should also not result in a penalty for the remaining players, should either of the two decide not to take on the challenge despite the high reward / low risk nature of the resultant circumstance unwillingly forced upon them.

It's not perfect, but it certainly beats Josh's "Oh well, deal with it loser" attitude toward the dilemma.

"self selection" when the polls include their website. Unfuckinbelievable man. LMAO.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How about instead of putting in the in-game voting option in Halo 5 for whether we want to see the Rocket Launcher or Spectra (What the fuck is it called?) we instead put the poll in the beta asking people's opinions on Sprint as well as any other mechanics. You can't really call selection bias on that. And if you do, you're saying your player base is not more important than my grandma taking this poll along with that one dude who still is playing Titanfall. 

go search 50 MLG right now and see if you get randoms with no chemistry or quitters, grievers and bad kids. Yea, you won't be finding anything of the sort and you'll only match players within the ranks of 40-50, mostly 45 and up, not level 30's and below. The halo 5 rank system is great in concept, but something is clearly off with it, I should not be an Onyx II and matching up with players that put up 0-19 stats, ever.

Here is what Josh Holmes replies with for my link to a /r/Halo poll on Sprint:

This should go both ways correct?

His reply is extremely disappointing and makes me feel like he does not have a grasp on the Halo community at all. 

How I see the Halo Community Right now:

r/Halo - HaloWayPoint Forums - Beyond Forums

These communities are extremely different, and yet On. Every. Single. Platform. Sprint has been ousted.

• Upvote (+1) 6