CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Id take vanilla reach and vanilla 4 over vanilla 5. That's how much I hate 5.

Agreed.

Well, 4 and 5 are really close on the hate scale for me. At least 4 had BTB.

I just spent an hour and a half in a party with freinds exchaning a word from Halo and Movie quotes with the word Sprint.

Best 1 hr 30 mins of cynical misquoting ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Rocket League, Reflex Arena, and probably a ton of other PC games, you can search for matches in as many playlists as you want simultaneously.

Halo needs this desperately imo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

In Rocket League, Reflex Arena, and probably a ton of other PC games, you can search for matches in as many playlists as you want simultaneously.

Halo needs this desperately imo.

Unfortunately, Halo's quota for actually improving anything in a sequel got used up by 60fps, dedicated servers, and improved forge. Even that had to be offset by consistent forge map performance problems and absolutely horrendous UI to keep things from getting out of hand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played a shitton of Halo 4 (HAAAAAAA, sue me, Grim) for the past few hours, had a ton of fun, and decided "hey, why not get a friend together to play Halo 5". See, that line of thought makes me think one thing. There are basic mistakes which get you a tap on the nose as punishment, and then there are "I was fucking born" mistakes that can only be solved by jumping off a cliff. And opting to play vanilla Halo 5 is a mistake on the latter side of the scale. Holy shit is it unfun. And fun fact. We're nearing the two year mark for this game and still don't have a classic playlist for veteran fans, a giant balance patch ala H4 for the objective issues in the game, or a true File Share system ala Reach/4 to cultivate a community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played a shitton of Halo 4 (HAAAAAAA, sue me, Grim) for the past few hours, had a ton of fun, and decided "hey, why not get a friend together to play Halo 5". See, that line of thought makes me think one thing. There are basic mistakes which get you a tap on the nose as punishment, and then there are "I was fucking born" mistakes that can only be solved by jumping off a cliff. And opting to play vanilla Halo 5 is a mistake on the latter side of the scale. Holy shit is it unfun. And fun fact. We're nearing the two year mark for this game and still don't have a classic playlist for veteran fans, a giant balance patch ala H4 for the objective issues in the game, or a true File Share system ala Reach/4 to cultivate a community.

Oh, I'll sue ya...

I'll sue you right in the face.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're nearing the two year mark for this game and still don't have a classic playlist for veteran fans

Well, I'm sure 343 would keep a classic playlist around if there were demand for it--obviously there isn't since the Halo One 15 year anniversary playlist you conveniently neglected to mention was poorly received, entirely because of how outdated the original game is btw. Also it's completely illogical to demand that Halo 5 Guardians have a classic playlist at all because Halo 2 and Halo 3 never received classic playlists. Definition of entitlement right here.

Am I doing it right?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well, I'm sure 343 would keep a classic playlist around if there were demand for it--obviously there isn't since the Halo One 15 year anniversary playlist you conveniently neglected to mention was poorly received, entirely because of how outdated the original game is btw. Also it's completely illogical to demand that Halo 5 Guardians have a classic playlist at all because Halo 2 and Halo 3 never received classic playlists. Definition of entitlement right here.

Am I doing it right?

I'm sorry. I read your post and became so full of blinding rage that i downvoted you before clicking the spoiler tag. I may have also called a hitman to go after you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No.

Fuck Vanilla Halo 4.

Flinch is Aids.

Ordnance is Aids.

Random Power Weapons at random times is aids.

Loadouts are Aids.

Vanilla Pre-Patch Halo 4 was worse than launch Halo 5. Remember the Boltshot?

Remember BTB Exile and blue team always won because they had the Gauss Hog and it was ridiculously OP at launch?

Remember the 5sk BR?

Remember how the DMR was the best gun in the game hands down, and if you didnt use it you lost.

Remember Promethean Vision aka Wallhacks?

Remember on Spawn Active Camo?

Remember Perks?

Remember whatever those special spartan armour sets you got every 10 levels past level 50.

Remember the Red X. Oh wait it didn't have one for months.

Remember competitive ranking? OH wait it didn't have it for months and when we did get it wasn't visible in game.

Remember all those sick custom game options? Oh wait, they didn't have those.

Remember how awesome Forge was in Halo 4? Neither do I, it was awful.

Remember Sprint? Fuck me if I still do, ran like sonic and shields recharged while running. Double melee was easy.

Remember Vehicle play? Yeah, you probably remember that it sucks when everyone can spawn with a Plasma pistol and plasma grenades.

Remember the Mantis and how broken that thing was?

WE ARE NOT GOING BACK INTO THE CYCLE OF "THE PREVIOUS HALO WAS BETTER" because frankly, calling it Halo is an insult to the franchise. Halo 4 was as far away from not being Halo as it could've possibly been, bar making everyone play as Marines instead. Halo 4 was awful. Its even less like Halo then Guardians 5 is. 

They are both awful Halo games, but shit guys, stay consistent. Halo 4 was fucking awful. At least be glad Halo 5 isn't Halo 4v2

What solution do you propose? How can Halo be better?

It's real easy to bitch about what you don't like. What would your ideal Halo look like?

I'm hoping you won't bore me with an answer like "CE HD with map packs".

Go.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Letting Boyo design Halo would probably be an improvement, at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you guys actually watch the video lol

lol no. Was referring to the title.

It's real easy to bitch about what you don't like. What would your ideal Halo look like?

Go.

Off the top of my head:

A weapon sandbox in the style of CE's with maps in the style of the first two games. H2s ranks with H3s military ranks complementing it to form and addictive and rewarding progression. Reachs armory returns instead of the horrible REQ system. Don't care about Warzone, but BTB had to be there with proper maps. Return of the ranked/social split with strict party restrictions in ranked. Firefight, Forge and Theater have to be stellar and have to be there at launch. The Campaign should eliminate all unnecessary side characters and focus on the Chief and on kicking ass again. Make the prometheans more fun to fight or scrap them and make the covenant the main enemy again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go.

At this point I'd go crazy with campaign.

But first the core gameplay would consist of no sprint with movement faster then ce/2/3 but not quite as fast as doom 2016. High FoV would be the top tech priority.

Kill times would range from 0.6 - 0.8 for perfect kills. Average kill times would aim to land around 1.00 - 1.20.

Mp would be F2P and people would be able to download it as a standalone if they chose to. Req packs would still exist with the primary item being weapon skins. Armour, armour skins, and campaign items would also be included.

There would be a mainline MC storyline but once the credits roll you create a unique spartan and end game destiny type strikes open up.

Id set it up as a semi open world type game with mp both Co op and pvp woven throughout. Players would be able to opt in to invasions of other players games as a customisable baddy that they'l be able to grow through req pack unlocks.

Forge would include campaign space creations and the best would be put up for play in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Go.

I'll edit in the weapon sandbox I thought up later because I don't currently have the paper on me but here I go.

1: Difficult to use utility weapon with a low ttk (1.0 - .9)

2: Button combos return as an alternate firing mode.

3: H2's strafe,h3's jump,h5's crouch,and air control.

4: Use a melee system like CE's with more depth,bring in melee combos (bxr but without the annoying full clip requirement),and add counters.

5: A simple spawn system that works similarly to CE's but for 4v4.

Most to these I have a pretty good idea of what direction and how I'd implement it except for the spawn system.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I doing it right?

It's actually a perfect strategy for them. 

​>People want a classic playlist

>343 listens to the community because they are a great dev and puts out a classic playlist

>The classic playlist is dog shit (even though the community has extensively play-tested playable no-sprint settings), so no one plays it

>343 shrugs and informs us all that there just isn't any demand for "classic" Halo

>Halo 6 is a hero shooter as planned

Halo 4 is trash.  :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 3

No.

Fuck Vanilla Halo 4.

Flinch is Aids.

Ordnance is Aids.

Random Power Weapons at random times is aids.

Loadouts are Aids.

Vanilla Pre-Patch Halo 4 was worse than launch Halo 5. Remember the Boltshot?

Remember BTB Exile and blue team always won because they had the Gauss Hog and it was ridiculously OP at launch?

Remember the 5sk BR?

Remember how the DMR was the best gun in the game hands down, and if you didnt use it you lost.

Remember Promethean Vision aka Wallhacks?

Remember on Spawn Active Camo?

Remember Perks?

Remember whatever those special spartan armour sets you got every 10 levels past level 50.

Remember the Red X. Oh wait it didn't have one for months.

Remember competitive ranking? OH wait it didn't have it for months and when we did get it wasn't visible in game.

Remember all those sick custom game options? Oh wait, they didn't have those.

Remember how awesome Forge was in Halo 4? Neither do I, it was awful.

Remember Sprint? Fuck me if I still do, ran like sonic and shields recharged while running. Double melee was easy.

Remember Vehicle play? Yeah, you probably remember that it sucks when everyone can spawn with a Plasma pistol and plasma grenades.

Remember the Mantis and how broken that thing was?

WE ARE NOT GOING BACK INTO THE CYCLE OF "THE PREVIOUS HALO WAS BETTER" because frankly, calling it Halo is an insult to the franchise. Halo 4 was as far away from not being Halo as it could've possibly been, bar making everyone play as Marines instead. Halo 4 was awful. Its even less like Halo then Guardians 5 is. 

They are both awful Halo games, but shit guys, stay consistent. Halo 4 was fucking awful. At least be glad Halo 5 isn't Halo 4v2

can you fucking aim properly in halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go.

CE with HD map packs.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. It's got great maps. It's got a solid utility weapon. It's got an interesting sandbox that isn't just "make it powerful and easy to use"

• Upvote (+1) 2

can you fucking aim properly in halo 5?

Yeah I think so. I'd take a weird aiming system over Loadouts/Ordnance/Random PowerWeapon drops

60% Magnum Accuracy and 52% overall accuracy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1