CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm reposting theses guidelines I developed a while back, since I think it contributes to the sandbox conversation at hand.

for your last remark i say make the sniper(just an example) like h3 or reachs those were difficult to snipe in, but still wasnt bat shit hard!  And i do agree we need a utility weapon. The h5 pistol is the strongest pistol since CE but that doesnt say much in regards to the superior weapons. dmr(more aim assist and range) br same boat but with a sleight faster ttk. Carbine better range, LR same boat and more power. 343 doesnt understand the role of a utility weapon. Theres no way an individual can dominate in this game against those who arent complete *******. The pistol lacks power and ammunition. the starting pistol should be the extended mag pistol if you ask me personally. theres a reason theres those who wish the pistol aka the weapon with the least aim assist, the least bullet mag, and the least range should be 4sk. Because other weapons believe me would still outshine it in terms of ease of use but NOT power. we meed a powerful weapon off of spawn. The h5 weapon balance is pretty good for the most part it just doesnt fit that utility weaponize role. if i face a br or dmr user at mid range bet my ass he will win. when ever i have a dmr(especially a dmr) i win my battles majority of the time. Because this weaoon is stronger(faster ttk than pistol) and more aim assist etc. in h1,2,3,reach,4(sort of because of loadouts) we had a powerful utility weapon where an skilled individual could dominate! we need that in h6. See in h6 theres perfect ways to give us br starts back. make the reticule smaller, reduce aim assist, and reduce bullet mag. THERE WALLA 

Reach snipe was not hard. OG H1 and H3 are the only Halo games we've ever had where sniping was something that was somewhat difficult. It really doesn't make sense either because that weapon is the most insanely powerful gun in the entire sandbox if you're going to hit the shots. Rewarding people that have a sub par shot just because they picked up the weapon is too much imo and that's exactly what H2, Reach, H4, and H5 have done. That's not to say there isn't still a skill gap in the other games but when someone no scopes you and you knew it was going to happen because the weapon is just pretty easy to use is the worst feeling in the world vs being amazed that someone actually hit the shot. The second reaction is the one people should be feeling rather than inevitably watching someone line it up and feeling helpless. In H5 I've caught myself thinking "Wow that guy sucks" when he doesn't hit at least a bodyshot no scope unless I'm coming from some kind of wild angle

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach snipe was not hard. OG H1 and H3 are the only Halo games we've ever had where sniping was something that was somewhat difficult. It really doesn't make sense either because that weapon is the most insanely powerful gun in the entire sandbox if you're going to hit the shots. Rewarding people that have a sub par shot just because they picked up the weapon is too much imo and that's exactly what H2, Reach, H4, and H5 have done. That's not to say there isn't still a skill gap in the other games but when someone no scopes you and you knew it was going to happen because the weapon is just pretty easy to use is the worst feeling in the world vs being amazed that someone actually hit the shot. The second reaction is the one people should be feeling rather than inevitably watching someone line it up and feeling helpless. In H5 I've caught myself thinking "Wow that guy sucks" when he doesn't hit at least a bodyshot no scope unless I'm coming from some kind of wild angle

If I had to pick one of the hitscan snipers for future balance reference, I'd pick Reach's everytime.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If I had to pick one of the hitscan snipers for future balance reference, I'd pick Reach's everytime.

Been playing alot of reach of late, definately not as easy as I remember, not exactly the hardest Sniper, but compared to H2/H4/H5 it's not awful.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reading old posts on this thread is great.

Actually when you read this stuff it's shit we were expecting because of past Halo game's, and it's just not there or half assed.

You misunderstood what he meant by 11 gametypes - he means 11 gametypes as:

Truth CTF

Truth Slayer

Empire Strongholds

Empire Slayer

etc

That's 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been playing alot of reach of late, definately not as easy as I remember, not exactly the hardest Sniper, but compared to H2/H4/H5 it's not awful.

i think the elites being easier to hit made sniping feel easier in certain modes.

i think the elites being easier to hit made sniping feel easier in certain modes.

Possibly.

I really, really don't get the H5 Sniper. It's so bizarelly inconsistemt in it's magnetism too. Testing it on unmoving, guinea pigs it appears to be not that bad, but once you start playing its goes insane, especially on sweep snipes/no scopes and while enemies are using abilities.

Possibly.

I really, really don't get the H5 Sniper. It's so bizarelly inconsistemt in it's magnetism too. Testing it on unmoving, guinea pigs it appears to be not that bad, but once you start playing its goes insane, especially on sweep snipes/no scopes and while enemies are using abilities.

We'll do some tests and a month from now we'll discover that magnetism increases 10 fold during thrust duration. #343 logic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A tornado that tears through a map at the 3,6, and 9 minute marks acting similar to a Terminal train but each of the three tornado paths is unique. Depending on which path the tornado takes, different geometry gets modified, old paths closed, and new paths opened.

The map evolves over the course of the match. Power positions are destroyed and created. Pick-ups that were previously unreachable become accessible. All because of how the tornado modifies the map.

The tornado map would make players shift positions if they want to stay in the best position. This could allow an enemy team to try to make their swing play when the power position shifts.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

A tornado that tears through a map at the 3,6, and 9 minute marks acting similar to a Terminal train but each of the three tornado paths is unique. Depending on which path the tornado takes, different geometry gets modified, old paths closed, and new paths opened.

The map evolves over the course of the match. Power positions are destroyed and created. Pick-ups that were previously unreachable become accessible. All because of how the tornado modifies the map.

The tornado map would make players shift positions if they want to stay in the best position. This could allow an enemy team to try to make their swing play when the power position shifts.

Boyo boy you come up with some awful ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Do you think a map with shifting power positions is just an inherently terrible idea or is it the implementation?

Everyone who was involved in the creation of Torque needs to come forward and apologize. Like damn, playing the map in FFA makes me want to quit every time, the lighting change is one of the dumbest things I've seen come from 343. It's like they're trying to blind you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I already trademarked

Boyo boy "<insert sarcastic facepalm statement>"

Contact my lawyer Cyren to pay owed damages. Don't make me call the sheriff.    

The conspiracy theorists in me thinks Boyo is an incognito 343 dev, hired to run by all creative decisions for H6 by the most cynical Halo group of fans in existence.  Maybe together, we can help Boyo make Halo great again.  Just keep saying no guys. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you think a map with shifting power positions is just an inherently terrible idea or is it the implementation?

Inherently not fun.

"Hey guys let's switch where the endzone is every few minutes! Let's switch up the height of the basket every few minutes"

I already trademarked

dank team nBoyo boy "<insert sarcastic facepalm statement>"

Contact my lawyer Cyren to pay owed damages. Don't make me call the sheriff. dan

The conspiracy theorists in me thinks Boyo is an incognito 343 dev, hired to run by all creative decisions for H6 by the most cynical Halo group of fans in existence. Maybe together, we can help Boyo make Halo great again. Just keep saying no guys.

If jk rowling can steal Harry Potter I can steal Boyo boy.

Well first of all power positions are dumb.

But I'm not against the idea of a map changing dynamically so long as it's controlled and predictable. The tornado just sounds weird though. I'm assuming this is all for a hypothetical shooter that's not Halo, right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well first of all power positions are dumb.

All maps naturally have some positions that are more advantageous to hold than others.