CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I've said this before and I'll say it again... if halo wants to be relevant again they need to get rid of the 3 year process. They need to make one halo multiplayer game and just keep it. Obviously they would fuck it up because it's 343 but that is what all of the relevant games do nowadays other than CoD.

And if they tried to goto an every-year-Halo-release, that would mean it would not be just 343 developing Halo games.  We'd get another couple devs in the mix which could be a good thing.  A very good thing.  Or, it could be bad.  You never know. 

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

Wow. Just wow.

It does sound like there are some people at 343 who were opposed to sprint and the overcomplication of halo's movement- but they were overridden by the broken philosophies of higher ups. Sad that the people on charge don't look to Halo for inspiration.

That ending is just damning.

That said: Crouch Jump > Boost Jump > clamber

I like the spam. It brings a little life to the place.

tin-of-spam-tinned-pork-and-ham-processe

Does anyone know how to see the Halo 5 population?

What population?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

No way to see raw numbers but you can get an idea base off its position on the Most Played Games list on Xbox.com and the Xbox Store on your console.

go to reddit.com/r/halo and in the sidebar it should say "x spartans online"

lmao

http://halotracker.com/h5/csrbreakdown#Slayer

Somebody used this in an argument I had about Halo 5's population numbers. Not sure if it's completely accurate.

Edit: After reading "Data is from players tracked on Halotracker, not all players who play Halo", I would say it's not accurate.

Decided to try grinding out my remaining Breakout commendations ... man.  I'll get through the 'victories' one but I will never finish immortal / vanquisher, I get one of each roughly 1 out of 15 games so it would take me literally 750 games of breakout, which I will never ever finish.  The fact that the optimal way to play this gametype = shotgun crouching is pretty frustrating

Decided to try grinding out my remaining Breakout commendations ... man.  I'll get through the 'victories' one but I will never finish immortal / vanquisher, I get one of each roughly 1 out of 15 games so it would take me literally 750 games of breakout, which I will never ever finish.  The fact that the optimal way to play this gametype = shotgun crouching is pretty frustrating

Best way to get immortal is to pray for that mantis breakout in action sack and have a to4 lol.

Best way to get immortal is to pray for that mantis breakout in action sack and have a to4 lol.

right, I figure action sack / alternate versions of breakout will probably be the easiest way to do it ... the extermination gametype actually worked pretty well with a to4

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

Damn, that video needs to be seen by everyone at 343 and r/halo while we're at it. 

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

Let's see if we can get a whole page of this thread filled with this video quoted and maybe 343 will see it.

I've asked friends about this and the answer is always something along the lines of "FPS games are supposed to have sprint" or "No sprint? that shit would be so slow and boring"

Even when I try to tell them that maps accommodate sprint and make it essentially pointless they just seem to refuse to believe it.

While playing Overwatch, a friend recently told me "I hate playing heroes other than soldier. They can't sprint and they they are so slow. This already pissed me off when playing Doom". To which I reply: "are you completely ********, as if Doom is too slow of a shooter" and finally he goes full dumbass and says "I don't care, therr just have to be two movement speeds". I wanted to go over to his house and punch him square in the face. I have yet to see anyone make a coherent statement that defends sprint.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Let's see if we can get a whole page of this thread filled with this video quoted and maybe 343 will see it.

well i tweeted to everyone at 343 from higher ups to middle-lower ups,no response yet(if they do respond)

While playing Overwatch, a friend recently told me "I hate playing heroes other than soldier. They can't sprint and they they are so slow. This already pissed me off when playing Doom". To which I reply: "are you completely ********, as if Doom is too slow of a shooter" and finally he goes full dumbass and says "I don't care, therr just have to be two movement speeds". I wanted to go over to his house and punch him square in the face. I have yet to see anyone make a coherent statement that defends sprint.

I refuse to believe that level of stupid exists. 

I'm convinced they'd prefer to tank the whole franchise rather than admit they were wrong at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm convinced they'd prefer to tank the whole franchise rather than admit they were wrong at this point.

We'll know for sure if that's true the second we see someone sprint in the first H6 trailer. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I refuse to believe that level of stupid exists.

Sorry to disappoint you, but this actually happened. He's the kind of guy that will always choose CoD over Halo, thinks Demon Runes in Doom are a good thing and thinks Titanfall is too complicated. The average FPS dudebro in a nutshell.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry to disappoint you, but this actually happened. He's the kind of guy that will always choose CoD over Halo, thinks Demon Runes in Doom are a good thing and thinks Titanfall is too complicated. The average FPS dudebro in a nutshell.

Yeah after getting my friends into OW they all were confused. "How come everyone can't sprint like solider? Every class should have it."

Ugh.. One of them ironically dislikes Halo cause of sprint but also plays CoD and likes it there.

Yeah after getting my friends into OW they all were confused. "How come everyone can't sprint like solider? Every class should have it."

Ugh.. One of them ironically dislikes Halo cause of sprint but also plays CoD and likes it there.

I think it's safe to say 90% of sprint lovers would not even realize if it didn't give a speed boost at all. It could jusz be a useless button that maybe increases FoV by 5° and adds the waves on the hud that H5 shows when you hit max speed. The people that expect sprint in an FPS are so unaware of what is happening in-game that you might as well trick them into using it while not ruining your game by building the game around it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That must be a console thing because I've never heard that. 

If Halo 6 has sprint, I will not be buying it. Not even bluffing at this point. I just can't do it. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

That must be a console thing because I've never heard that. 

If Halo 6 has sprint, I will not be buying it. Not even bluffing at this point. I just can't do it. 

Think it could be more of the fact that they are complete casuals with no interest of learning games competitively? Nah must be a console exclusive.

I think it's safe to say 90% of sprint lovers would not even realize if it didn't give a speed boost at all. It could jusz be a useless button that maybe increases FoV by 5° and adds the waves on the hud that H5 shows when you hit max speed. The people that expect sprint in an FPS are so unaware of what is happening in-game that you might as well trick them into using it while not ruining your game by building the game around it.

Totally agree. My friends were playing Rocket League too on stock FoV and once I showed them the light they were surprised that more games don't offer that.