CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

video snip

Nice. lol.  I bet you could buy a nice used car for the cost of that PC/monitor setup. Who needs a car though when you can play GTA V in 12k?  At least you can speed in those cars without repercussions. 

Reach put Halo in a coma, H4 pulled the plug, and H5 buried the casket in concrete.

MCC was the zombie that came back after H4 died and was quickly put out of its misery.

Although Reach started the sprint shit and whatnot, I was still able to play the game for thousands of hours unlike Halo 4 which I doubt I even played for 100 hours. Halo 4 did some things better than Reach but the overall fun factor flat out wasn't there, and was frustrated way more with H4. 

Halo could have made a comeback after Reach, but not after Halo 4. There is a chance now if the time gap is big enough and Halo 6 isn't just a Halo 5 sequel. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll prob get negged for this but I honestly feel that there were too many outside factors working against it for H5 to really be given a chance to be seen as a solid (MP entry at least) to the series or not... I mean, before it we had 3 games that were essentially a disgrace (some more than others) to the Halo name... the damage was done.

H5 did bring the series back to an 1:1 Arena format/formula... definitely a key part of OG trilogy gameplay and a good move, it just expanded on it by adding new abilities. Whether you welcome these abilities or not, that's another issue, but the point is, there was already a divided, jaded fanbase out there by the time the game rolled around. Sales and population numbers were already on the steep decline. Perceptions of the series definitely affected...

The one thing I do know, if I'm being honest with myself, I'd much rather play H5 than I would Reach or H4. It's fundamentally more in line with the classic Halo games than the 2 previous entries. Not saying there isn't some cheese from time to time, but a lot of deaths can at least be prevented with some smart decision making, effective team play, and outshooting/outplaying opponents, which isn't fundamentally any different from the first 3 games. I've personally enjoyed some of the expanded layer of meta attributed to the movement as well, and how it can affect 1v1's. It gives me new ways to improve as a player and I like new challenges.

And there isn't any random, unavoidable instant-camo, wall-hack, jet-pack, armor lock, different-loadout-BS taking place... or "roll-the-dice" weapon/power-up acquisitions. That alone makes the game infinitely more enjoyable to me. It's just you vs. the other guy...

But again, the damage was already done... lots of external problems. But now we see the game's internal problems as well, which is why H6 absolutely needs to be better. It's "do or die" time... and I think with the recent PR coming out of 343, they know this. Refreshing to see...

I see your points but I cant enjoy the game when Im fighting against the aiming 100% of the time

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've said this before and I'll say it again... if halo wants to be relevant again they need to get rid of the 3 year process. They need to make one halo multiplayer game and just keep it. Obviously they would fuck it up because it's 343 but that is what all of the relevant games do nowadays other than CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've said this before and I'll say it again... if halo wants to be relevant again they need to get rid of the 3 year process. They need to make one halo multiplayer game and just keep it. Obviously they would fuck it up because it's 343 but that is what all of the relevant games do nowadays other than CoD.

Actually the most successful games don't have sequels (League of Legends, Dota, Hearthstone, WoW, CS) they just make design changes every year to keep the game fresh.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Creating an alt account just to post that because muh internet points

I'm not the OP for that thread, but okay.

I can't think of a single console game that does that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yo, Beyond, put a new thread barrier on this site. 50 posts required to make a new thread or something. This spam is getting annoying. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the spam. It brings a little life to the place.

How can anyone still defend sprint even after the countless videos that go in depth on its detriments to the game.

Seriously.

What the fuck does sprint add? A shitty animation that stops you from firing your gun just to travel stretched maps designed to accommodate the shitty animation that stops you from firing your gun so you can travel the stretched maps designed to accommodate the shitty animation.....

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

• Upvote (+1) 7

well WPNS'Grade recently made this video for h6 as well(you'll notice the irony in the beginning,middle and especially the end of the vid,basically they do the opposite of what they"think is right",I think he hits the nail in the coffin; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4mB0SJHqA

Well fuck me.

That last clip.

What

the

fuck.

"Don't fuck it u---- Too late"

How can anyone still defend sprint even after the countless videos that go in depth on its detriments to the game.

Seriously.

What the fuck does sprint add? A shitty animation that stops you from firing your gun just to travel stretched maps designed to accommodate the shitty animation that stops you from firing your gun so you can travel the stretched maps designed to accommodate the shitty animation.....

I've asked friends about this and the answer is always something along the lines of "FPS games are supposed to have sprint" or "No sprint? that shit would be so slow and boring"

Even when I try to tell them that maps accommodate sprint and make it essentially pointless they just seem to refuse to believe it.  

Which halo do you guys think was most detrimental to the franchise

Reach, The 4, or Spacey Shooter 5

H4 imo. Bad first impression for 343. Campaign was confusing and totally changed the look of the world and enemies etc. Not a big deal for most of us MP junkies, but for the majority of players thats the first impression they get.

MP also doubled down on the elements of reach that people hated, AFTER 343 WALKED A BUNCH OF THOSE BACK IN REACH ITSELF.

The problem with sales numbers is you dont see how disappointed players are in your game until the next release. Players still had hope after reach given how well 4 sold, which was dashed in halo 4 and showed up in abysmal sales for halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The need an MP design that can standup to the test of time.

An evergreen MP suite with a campaign update every few years would be a great model if we actually had a good base game.

I've asked friends about this and the answer is always something along the lines of "FPS games are supposed to have sprint" or "No sprint? that shit would be so slow and boring"

Even when I try to tell them that maps accommodate sprint and make it essentially pointless they just seem to refuse to believe it.

That doom 2016 campaign

Just thinking about it makes me smile. So good.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Good lord that video.