CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wince at the thought of Multi having his posts used as leverage against him. That's how I lost my job with MLG back in 08, making a stupid forum post. That's a regret I wouldn't wish on anyone here.

What was the post? Just curious.

Anyway RIP @@MultiLockOn, I hope that you don't entirely quit posting here. Just gotta be more careful I guess.

I'm going to guess that this is a big part of why we almost never hear from 343I employees either.

Anyway RIP @@MultiLockOn, I hope that you don't entirely quit posting here. Just gotta be more careful I guess.

I'm going to guess that this is a big part of why we almost never hear from 343I employees either.

The moment an employee says something- it will be dissected a million different ways. So it doesn't surprise me that there are very few employee posts.

What DOES surprise me is that 343 doesn't assign someone to post official commentary here. The stuff Menke does over on Waypoint seems to me like it prudent to do here. Also who ever in charge of HCS should be in here interacting regularly...

whoa Halo 5 is right next to Destiny on the most played list in the Xbox Store. Gears 4 is below Smite :(

whoa Halo 5 is right next to Destiny on the most played list in the Xbox Store. Gears 4 is below Smite :(

It's still behind three Call of Duty games. At best, Halo 5 has 20k-30k players.

I didn't say anything wrong. Cod definitely isn't my favorite game. But I love the studio, and love level design. It's a shame that I can't even speak openly about things like this without some anonymous lurker here twisting it on reddit. Makes me want to delete my account here just to be safe honestly.

Yeah, there are bunch of random, anonymous autists lurkers who clearly keep tabs on this forum all the time and report back to all manner of different platforms, but never actually post anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow all of the major threads, based on the extremely quick turn around for reactions on social media and Reddit. It's ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, there are bunch of random, anonymous autists lurkers who clearly keep tabs on this forum all the time and report back to all manner of different platforms, but never actually post anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they follow all of the major threads, based on the extremely quick turn around for reactions on social media and Reddit. It's ridiculous.

The guy has been linking posts I made over a year ago here about Call of Duty lol literally going through all my stuff. Not to mention pulling more things out of context like "I wouldn't enjoy working on cod" when the whole sentence read " Even though I wouldn't enjoy working on cod bo3 was a work of art and Treyarch is clearly filled with talent". Things like that.

343, if anyone from there even visits these forums anymore:

GUIDE TO SUCCESSFUL, FUN, COMPETITIVE HALO (Halo 6 blueprint):

- Halo CE/2/3 playstyle (sprint and strong AR fucking suck)

- New weapons, a new powerup (such an easy idea: powerup that makes the person who picked it up guns stronger for 1 min, BR 3sk, sniper 1 shot no matter where, etc etc. make it obvious the person has the powerup like a glowing blue gun or some shit)

- 1-50 system, win go up lose go down. Once you hit 50 have a chance to get promoted to a  "Challenger"-esqe tier where you try to get rank 1. Lose alot you go back to 50.

- The replay, filesharing from Halo 3 is an absolute must. Such a underrated feature that made the game so much more interesting/community driven and let you see cool plays/pictures while loading up for a game.

- Decent maps

and that pretty much sums it up. Go back to your roots. CoD did it. Runescape did it. Both working amazingly. It's time to drop the bullshit about Master Cheif needing to become more realistic so he needs to sprint and just make a fun quality game again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I recognized his username from r/halo before. When someone linked your video on Arcanum on reddit, he commented:

"Multi needs to be 343s multiplayer lead"

Coincidence? I think not. Clearly this guy is actually your biggest fan and is purposely trying to get you fired from Treyarch. 343 will see how much you hate stuff because of X, and, knowing them, they'll immediately hire you, and you can finally #saveHalo.

#MultiLockOn2020

• Upvote (+1) 1

I recognized his username from r/halo before. When someone linked your video on Arcanum on reddit, he commented:

"Multi needs to be 343s multiplayer lead"

Coincidence? I think not. Clearly this guy is actually your biggest fan and is purposely trying to get you fired from Treyarch. 343 will see how much you hate stuff because of X, and, knowing them, they'll immediately hire you, and you can finally #saveHalo.

I just checked and you're right. I am so confused lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why don't Treyarch and 343 just switch places? Halo and CoD both saved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So are there any content updates coming to H5 anymore? Like maps or anything? 

So are there any content updates coming to H5 anymore? Like maps or anything? 

We don't know. 

A few people found some country flag weapon skins, we know about the Tier 3 Grenade Launcher and some prototype Brute scopes and weapons but we don't know if those will actually come to the game.

We don't know.

A few people found some country flag weapon skins, we know about the Tier 3 Grenade Launcher and some prototype Brute scopes and weapons but we don't know if those will actually come to the game.

What countries?

And whatever happened to warzone flag and assault stuff

We don't know. 

Dang. This game feels even more dead without knowing the future of it. :/

What countries?

And whatever happened to warzone flag and assault stuff

I don't have a full list but I took a few pictures of some when I was playing Gamecheat13's map with all of them last year. 

3Eoi51H.png

TEuwwMl.jpg

54Xvzpv.jpg

oUzoW2l.jpg

d3aXp5a.png

Here's a couple others too:

l76aAcA.jpg

97LR2NI.jpg

8bkyCRF.jpg (I think this is the Flagnum skin)

wbPNaE5.png

Tier 3 Grenade Launcher

jUrQvDj.jpg

--

No idea what happened with Warzone Flag and Assault. Maybe just concepts they had going and they had Steitzer record the lines just in case. They also had recorded lines with Palmer for lives in Firefight and that hasn't seen the light of day yet.

I could have sworn someone used the Mexico flag skin at either worlds or the qualifier

I'm pretty sure they did. The Dev builds usually have a select few skins available and the unreleased ones are included. There was one time when a skin was unfinished and the first person model was holding an invisible Assault Rifle.

Man, Waypointers sure do get salty when you try to point out all the ways where H5 is subpar lol... as if 343 didn't have SEVERAL areas where they couldn't have managed time and resources better in the production of the game (which is still lacking in a few areas to this day). The fact that there's so much rushed/rehashed and segregated MP content is sufficient evidence of this alone... and they don't see it.

So someone goes over there to challenge their perception of the status quo and they get so mad lol. As if H5 is the perfect game and has no issues whatsoever. Now, unrelated, but I'm temp banned over there AGAIN (along with several other users) for simply (constructively) reporting issues I experienced following the June 20 hot fix... ON the dedicated hot fix thread! There's literally a PAGE+ of users with flagged posts and temp bans.

Poisonous environment... power hungry troll moderators, and a community of enablers, asking for more of the same of what H5 offers, as if 343's design practices were perfectly OK with this game. Yet, idk about you all, but I can't hardly even play 3 matches anymore without the game getting boring... Shame too, because even when the core gameplay is the best we've had since H3 (IMO), the content (or lack thereof) gets so stale, so quick... but man, it's so great that someone spent all that time modeling up new armor sets that I'll never even look at.

Sad that the general community has come to this, where lore and armor sets and cosmetic fluff is more important to people than the gameplay experience itself and attributed content... Absolutely insane.

Meanwhile the quality, polish, and perception of the series continues to dwindle...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well that's because destiny is falling like a rock. Destiny 2 is right around the corner and bungie has stated nothing from d1 will transfer to d2.

My destiny stats are skyrocketing as the sbmm is unable to handle the population free fall lol.

Man, Waypointers sure do get salty when you try to point out all the ways where H5 is subpar lol... as if 343 didn't have SEVERAL areas where they couldn't have managed time and resources better in the production of the game (which is still lacking in a few areas to this day). The fact that there's so much rushed/rehashed and segregated MP content is sufficient evidence of this alone... and they don't see it.

So someone goes over there to challenge their perception of the status quo and they get so mad lol. As if H5 is the perfect game and has no issues whatsoever. Now, unrelated, but I'm temp banned over there AGAIN (along with several other users) for simply (constructively) reporting issues I experienced following the June 20 hot fix... ON the dedicated hot fix thread! There's literally a PAGE+ of users with flagged posts and temp bans.

Poisonous environment... power hungry troll moderators, and a community of enablers, asking for more of the same of what H5 offers, as if 343's design practices were perfectly OK with this game. Yet, idk about you all, but I can't hardly even play 3 matches anymore without the game getting boring... Shame too, because even when the core gameplay is the best we've had since H3 (IMO), the content (or lack thereof) gets so stale, so quick... but man, it's so great that someone spent all that time modeling up new armor sets that I'll never even look at.

Sad that the general community has come to this, where lore and armor sets and cosmetic fluff is more important to people than the gameplay experience itself and attributed content... Absolutely insane.

Meanwhile the quality, polish, and perception of the series continues to dwindle...

Waypoint is so dead. On the main h5 forum there are posts on the front page whose most recent reply is like 10+ hours old.

Remember the Halo 3 forum on bnet? 2009 you'd make a post and if it didn't catch a few replies within 2 minutes you'd be buried on page 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Waypoint is so dead. On the main h5 forum there are posts on the front page whose most recent reply is like 10+ hours old.

Remember the Halo 3 forum on bnet? 2009 you'd make a post and if it didn't catch a few replies within 2 minutes you'd be buried on page 2.

Ahh, the days when we had a complete and polished, functional Halo game... not plagued by excessive microtransaction content, extra fluff, repetitive environments and poor content creation structures... no missing game modes...

Good times lol.

Ahh, the days when we had a complete and polished, functional Halo game... not plagued by excessive microtransaction content, extra fluff, repetitive environments and poor content creation structures... no missing game modes...

Good times lol.

Eh. Those things are secondary. The games played well. That's why people flocked to them and stayed playing.

H3 had content droughts that would be unthinkable these days and yet millions logged on everyday to play one more slayer on the pit for the 1000th time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I stuck up for some refs when their integrity was called into question, while in the same post implying that some refs didn't care about their job. It was made worse by my lack of seniority. It was very dumb.

Pretty stoked to learn Quake Champions will run through Steam as well as the Bethesda launcher which needs a lot of work. I think this will help population a LOT. Hopefully Steam invites and such work well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1