CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

OT, but I think it would be a good idea for 343 to just go back in time. Make a game that starts just before Reach and ends just Before H2.

SP you play as MC and various other SIIs. MP you play as SIIIs with Reaches armor customization.

4v4 would play like CE, with a sandbox full of niche weapons, nuanced melee, and a powerful but difficult utility weapon.

BTB would be dev maps and have equipment as pickups.

Warzone would be Warzone.

No sprint anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Curious - what would happen if they saw this post? Like surely it's easy to figure out who you are.

Ive made it very clear to them that I'm not a cod fan. It doesn't really matter honestly, I'm not bad mouthing them or anything, I love the studio and working there. Just don't care for cod

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone pulled a small snippet of that entire post praising Treyarch where I said I didn't like cod and posted it on r/cod ahahaahahahah ok this is when I stop posting

• Upvote (+1) 6

It is as if this game is deteriorating as it ages. Have not played in an eternity, so I decided to make a random test account to screw around with. So many bugs and networking problems, especially in Grifball with the bullshit hammer mechanics and lag compensation.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/E3%202017%20Sucked/video/33100480

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/E3%202017%20Sucked/video/33100560

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone pulled a small snippet of that entire post praising Treyarch where I said I didn't like cod and posted it on r/cod ahahaahahahah ok this is when I stop posting

Well that's shitty of them.

EDIT: I wouldn't worry about it too much. The grand majority of what you said was positive about the company, and, realistically, it doesn't matter whether or not you like CoD as it is. The point of hiring new people and developing in general is to make things better by incorporating fresh ideas and different perspectives. I feel like you don't have anything to be ashamed of by what you said and it's simply a real shitbag thing that they clipped one thing out of context.

I mean, really. You're a Halo player going to develop for a CoD game. Your perspective that you want to wait and see about whether or not you want to design for such a game should be expected, and the fact that you were giving the studio and its people a good rap means that you aren't taking the opportunity for granted. Turns out that people like different shit, and you're no exception to that. Since you're new to the industry from an inside angle, it's only appropriate that you be skeptical about something different from what you've been working on up to this point anyway.

I agree. I also think the advanced movement makes cod play way better. Less campy.

I'll take "campy" cod over "WE ARE ALL HAMPSTERS ON CRACK WITH JETPACKS" cod (especially considering the disparity between the shit show that is MM and comp settings) any day.

BO2 beats any of the advanced movement cods without even trying.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That guy is telling them that I said I'm using Treyarch as a stepping stone when I literally said the exact opposite of that. Incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That guy is telling them that I said I'm using Treyarch as a stepping stone when I literally said the exact opposite of that. Incredible.

I know, it's pissing me off.

Welcome to online interactions as a dev multi. Your comments will be used to push agendas and your meaning distorted to fit their view.

It's how you know you've made it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Unyshek commented about Oddball coming back.

This is just pathetic, but I shouldn't be surprised with this company.

I don't even care at the is point. I just want to play Oddball. It's been so long. Just give us the fucking gametype.

Sword base has to be the worst map in the series history. But h5 maps aren't anything to write home about either.

It's in my bottom 3. I have Solitary (the updated Prisoner remake from Reach) as my worst map of all time because it plays literally nothing well, followed by default Epitaph for its next-level cheese tactics and the hoops you have to jump through to just to get a fucking kill on that map. Sword Base is horrible, but at least you can play King, Ball, and Headhunter on it and still have fun.

I made a post a few years ago explaining my worst maps ever in order. I should look that up.

I wouldn't even buy me Cod

I wish I could save up all my plus rep for a week and juggernut it onto this post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unyshek commented about Oddball coming back.

This is just pathetic, but I shouldn't be surprised with this company.

**Fires up a game of Oddball in Halo 6**

"...STRONGHOLDS! - Accrue time to score!"

Ughh, it's just so sad man... is this the road we're heading down now? :thinking:

Would you guys rather have a possibly bad and rushed game in 2018 or a guaranteed great game in 2019?

Rush that shit out. COD is going back to its roots. Quick 343 make a halo game before the next COD game adds something shitty.

^^ The latest victim of fake news. Sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that you had to explain your points of characters having different max health and degrees of cheap/non-cheap abilities tells enough of what's wrong with the "Arena" Shooter you're defending.

Doesn't matter if the movement is close to what it was before. Doesn't matter if there's still weapons to control and Power-Ups to grab. Everyone has a crutch in their pocket.

We didn't like it in Reach, we most certainly didn't like it in THE 4, so it being in another game series that use to be cool is bullshit.

Yes it does.Just because it doesn't fit one part of the criteria doesn't mean it's no longer an arena shooter when it still focuses on every other aspect.What's really sad is that Bethesda by fucking over their quake fans by hopping a stupid trend will probably gain more people with all the controversy they create(which is free publicity) than they lose.The genre is nearly dead :(

And if you seriously think a money grubbing POS company like Bethesda is going to make a game just to please their fans then you're sorely mistaken.https://m.twitch.tv/videos/138370086?t=04h42m03s&desktop-redirect=true

They're openly mocking fans on social media for posting comments like #not my quake.Meanwhile there are issues hurting quake's identity and skillgap far more than champions ever could so yes it annoys me when people bitch about champions because it's such an ignorant complaint to make.I want champions to fuck off but Bethesda won't be budging on this so I'm not going to this on hill metaphorically speaking when there's more important stuff that Bethesda could actually change their mind on.

As far as your statement that it's a crutch if really was as big of an issue as you say the pros would have said something,just like they have for several of the other changes Bethesda has made.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SuaveTangibleHumanAliens

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpeedyElatedHareBrainSlug

I think I can even find another clip of rapha talking about how the game is more aim based now because stacking matters less because the armor cap is lower and the speed of decay is faster stuff which people who don't play the game won't realize the importance of(not saying you in particular don't play quake,just making a general statement).

Damn that's pretty lousy that someone did that. I wonder if there's a way to try and figure out who that is on reddit? I can see how this got taken out of context, but I would just be incredibly careful going forward. There was one post in particular that I forgot that I was actually worried for you where I literally thought what Moa thought.

Hope they realize what you meant, you have a great opportunity going for you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow that is an interesting thread, even among the heaps of salt there are a few who are willing to defend you @@MultiLockOn. Also there are a few guys in there who recognize the advantage halo has over cod in terms of map development.

But again, all that is among a giant pile of sodium fucking chloride like youve never seen.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didn't say anything wrong. Cod definitely isn't my favorite game. But I love the studio, and love level design. It's a shame that I can't even speak openly about things like this without some anonymous lurker here twisting it on reddit. Makes me want to delete my account here just to be safe honestly.

Kind makes me think about 343 devs. I'm pretty sure we've given them shit for a similar reason in the past.

Perhaps it's different for a guy like you vs a higher up. Like if the people running series aren't big fans of it, that's less acceptable than if the guys who make the maps or ranking system aren't big on the game.

Also I saw in that thread that you got a job offer from id? That's cool.

I didn't say anything wrong. Cod definitely isn't my favorite game. But I love the studio, and love level design. It's a shame that I can't even speak openly about things mine this without some anonymous lurker here twisting it on reddit. Makes me want to delete my account here just to be safe honestly.

Social media can be a bitch in the professional world. It's best not to link yourself to your employer unless you expect your account to representative of the company at all times.

Not just because of the outcome of expressing your views about the product you are working on, but because your personal opinion on non-work related matters can be used against you.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The hive-mind mentality of r/codcompetitve is kinda scary sometimes. Obviously there's a lot of chill people over there, but one wrong move and you'll get neg repped into oblivion, regardless of how valid your points are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow, whose account is that on here? Have some balls and confess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wince at the thought of Multi having his posts used as leverage against him. That's how I lost my job with MLG back in 08, making a stupid forum post. That's a regret I wouldn't wish on anyone here.

• Upvote (+1) 4