CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

tldr; Halo has gotten less popular because of the quality games. If there's no new halo release in 2018 the series is done, Halo will be completely irrelevant in the gaming landscape in 2019. Very few people are going to wait 4 years for a sequel of a game that averaged around 80%. Gaming culture just moves way too fast for anyone to care at a certain point. 

The series has never gone 4 years in between major launches, so I I think the chance of Halo 6 not coming out in 2018 is minuscule.

And what I'm saying is that CoD has also the wall running, jet packs, sliding bullshit . And that doesn't seems to matter, because they are still the most popular console game.

That stuff in CoD, while annoying, doesn't harm the game nearly as much as it does in Halo 5. It's more fluid in CoD and the killtimes are so fast it's not like someone is getting out of fights with movement mechanics nearly as much as Halo 5. 

And what I'm saying is that CoD has also the wall running, jet packs, sliding bullshit . And that doesn't seems to matter, because they are still the most popular console game.

Not including AW.

Go play Black Ops 3 and go play Halo 5 and tell me which set of movement feels more fluent. Black Ops 3 feels 10x as fluent and not NEARLY as jarring as Halo 5. It's not nearly the same. Your constant comparisons to CoD are killing your entire argument because you're not even presenting them correctly. You can kill people in a reasonable amount of time in Call of Duty. You can't kill people in a reasonable amount of time in Halo 5. That is the difference.

You can't have a bunch of sprint and thrust slide nonsense in a game like Halo because the kill times are already long. Adding these abilities makes the kill times longer, thus slowing the game down. Which is your issue with the game.

I don't see how I have to keep explaining this to you man. They're the most popular because the games resemble the previous games and still plays consistently. They don't have thrust (anymore). You can jump higher due to the exo suit or whatever it's called, but you can't immediately change direction like you can in Halo 5. There are significant differences between the two games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo's decline isn't that complicated.

H1- H3

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/halo-combat-evolved 97%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/halo-2 95%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-3 94%

H4 - H5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-4 87%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection 85%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-5-guardians 84%

Pretty generous adding the MCC score because the game literally didn't work and still busted to this day.

The ratings perfectly correlates to what fans have been saying "Halo games just get worse and worse" a complete downward trajectory. Even Halo Reach fits right in there, its pretty fascinating to be honest.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-reach 91 %

tldr; Halo has gotten less popular because of the quality games. If there's no new halo release in 2018 the series is done, Halo will be completely irrelevant in the gaming landscape in 2019. Very few people are going to wait 4 years for a sequel of a game that averaged around 80%. Gaming culture just moves way too fast for anyone to care at a certain point.

H5 being below h4 is nonsense, and it's clearly better than reach as well. Reach killed halo. Mlg not having h4 finished it, and allowed cod.to take over.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can see how the correlation of TTK combined with movement abilities that have potential to escape an opponent can go hand in hand. BigShow's TTK post is one of my favorite posts on this site.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All I see is a bunch of people that can't hang with my sweet movement smh JETPACKS ARE THE FUTURE

Hows your aiming crisis going?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 being below h4 is nonsense, and it's clearly better than reach as well. Reach killed halo. Mlg not having h4 finished it, and allowed cod.to take over.

H5 vs Reach is highly debatable. To the layman Reach is objectively a better put together game (the coding, presentation, matchmaking, online features, split screen, control). The only thing H5 has going for it is the default settings, Reach has the worst default settings in any Halo game full stop. But the competitive settings (NBNS) is regraded as some of the best in the series. So it comes down to what you prefer tbh. No matter how much I hate Reach it's never EVER crashed on me, while H5 crashes on me a least once a day. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

H5 vs Reach is highly debatable. To the layman Reach is objectively a better put together game (the coding, presentation, matchmaking, online features, split screen, control). The only thing H5 has going for it is the default settings, Reach has the worst default settings in any Halo game full stop. But the competitive settings (NBNS) is regraded as some of the best in the series. So it comes down to what you prefer tbh. No matter how much I hate Reach it's never EVER crashed on me, while H5 crashes on me a least once a day.

The maps were crap too.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unyshek commented about Oddball coming back.

To be upfront with everyone, this is not a brand new Oddball mode with new announcer voices, medals, or a Skull. You will carrying the Assault 'ball,' and gameplay events will trigger Assault's voice over and medals (when applicable).

The gameplay will play exactly as you would expect Oddball to play in Halo 5, just want to be upfront that there were no new medals, audio elements, or models being added for this playlist.

This is just pathetic, but I shouldn't be surprised with this company.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hurr Durr I can't address any of your actual points so I'll resort to a dick measuring contest.

What point did you make for the heroes in Quake? All you said was that you would just ignore anyone claiming that champions in QC suck. Kill just wanted to invite you to a friendly duel because he wanted to expose the issues surrounding heroes, which is especially apparent in a duel match. Don't come out claiming that he wanted to wreck you in a 1v1 to prove you're too trash at the game to have an opinion of QC.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The maps were crap too.

Sword base has to be the worst map in the series history. But h5 maps aren't anything to write home about either.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unyshek commented about Oddball coming back.

This is just pathetic, but I shouldn't be surprised with this company.

Where did he say this?

Would you guys rather have a possibly bad and rushed game in 2018 or a guaranteed great game in 2019? 

Would you guys rather have a possibly bad and rushed game in 2018 or a guaranteed great game in 2019? 

The people who quoted you are implying that 343 could develop the game until 2025, and it would still be of low quality.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The people who quoted you are implying that 343 could develop the game until 2025, and it would still be of low quality.

I know