CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In my best Rage Against the Machine voice,

Some of those that want Quake Live, are the same that play Halo 5. 

Fuck you I won't read when you quote me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That logic doesn't even make sense. Some of the most popular games in the world are 10x more difficult to play and have a much higher learning curve. Halo is actually on the easier end of the spectrum to play than most games.

Halo isn't popular because the Halo is ass cheeks these days. I know you favor Halo 5 a little bit, but come on man lol... Let's be honest here.

I have lots of friends that only play CoD/Destiny because they get destroyed in Halo, it frustrates them
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have lots of friends that only play CoD/Destiny because they get destroyed in Halo, it frustrates them

I have lots of friends that don't play CoD/Destiny because it's too easy. What's your point? Anecdotal evidence is garbage.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

FFA still needs a settings update, but at least there's some work being done on things.

How many hours do you have in the Quake Champions BETA?

That game is an arena shooter and to say otherwise is just wrong. The abilities are not at all game breaking and actually make it more fun IMO. The cooldowns are on such a huge timer as well so it's not like you experience them that often. I've gone on a 20 kill killstreak without even using an ability. They have work to do and balancing to do but that is expected.

Some of you people think Quake could come out with the same gameplay as Quake Live but with updated graphics and do well. That is just not the case and never will be. I've talked to RocketJumpNinja who has been playing Quake for 18 or so years and he loves Quake Champions. The game is still insanely skill based.

Honestly anyone who complains about the champions I just ignore at this point.There are issues where they've lowered the skill ceiling(increased armor decay speed, armor cap too low on some,speed cap) and the change in focus to more of an aim based game(zoom damage,duel design, increased armor decay speed,armor cap too low on some,mega and red both having 30s timers) but champions are not a problem.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly anyone who complains about the champions I just ignore at this point.There are issues where they've lowered the skill ceiling(increased armor decay speed, armor cap too low on some,speed cap) and the change in focus to more of an aim based game(zoom damage,duel design, increased armor decay speed,armor cap too low on some,mega and red both having 30s timers) but champions are not a problem.

LOL
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Ripharambe whats ur quake account name lets play a duel, really shows how broken the abilities are

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't been interested in a shooter as much as Quake Champions in a long time.  Yeah it might be scoring third place in the competitiveness contest but it's still leagues ahead of all these shooters that are merely getting participation trophies.

The arena fps community isn't in any position to be nitpicky anyways. The genre is dead and will remain dead until developers are shown that making an arena fps isn't a gigantic risk with low likelihood of success. Quake Champions is the last chance the arena genre is going to have in a long time to gain public exposure.  If you care even the slightest about the future of arena fps then support the game.   It really would be a shame if uncompromising purism is the hill you guys choose to die on.

Besides, thought I heard the game would have classic settings.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly I think if dooms mp had been built with the same philosophy the sp was, the genre wouldn't be as dead as it currently is. That's not to say it would've been saved, but I think the genre would've at least entered people's minds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe, since DooM's stellar campaign would've drawn people to the game and they naturally would've stuck around for the multiplayer to some degree.

But hindsight is a bitch isn't it?

• Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't been interested in a shooter as much as Quake Champions in a long time. Yeah it might be scoring third place in the competitiveness contest but it's still leagues ahead of all these shooters that are merely getting participation trophies.

The arena fps community isn't in any position to be nitpicky anyways. The genre is dead and will remain dead until developers are shown that making an arena fps isn't a gigantic risk with low likelihood of success. Quake Champions is the last chance the arena genre is going to have in a long time to gain public exposure. If you care even the slightest about the future of arena fps then support the game. It really would be a shame if uncompromising purism is the hill you guys choose to die on.

Besides, thought I heard the game would have classic settings.

I personally talked to both studio heads of id for like 10 minutes each and both told me there won't be classic settings

I personally talked to both studio heads of id for like 10 minutes each and both told me there won't be classic settings

coooooooooooool

I'm trying to fight off temptation of buying an xim4 for pubg on xbox because I don't own a gaming pc....

That's throwned upon right?

Halo 5 ranking/matchmaking system

Gold 6 in HCS, matches 3 Onyx and 4 diamonds.

Couple games later.

Red team: Gold, Unranked, Gold and Diamond

Blue team: Diamond, Diamond, Onxy and plat.

Unranked is level 3 and leaves 30 seconds in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is this hit registration oh my god. Are y'all having the same issues with half your bullets not registering unless you slow down your shot?

I'm trying to fight off temptation of buying an xim4 for pubg on xbox because I don't own a gaming pc....

That's throwned upon right?

Yeah, but no one will be able to prove it, so go for it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys realize that the main reason that Halo isn't popular is because for the average shooter player is too difficult. The average gamer is used to kill in a few bullets with every gun, for the average CoD player having to hit 5 shots in a row with a single shot weapon is impossible.

It doesn't matter how good H6 is , the average player will come and say "where is my M16 and how come I can't kill in 1 burst to the chest" and then leave.

Why did this get negged? He's absolutely right. That's my experience with just about EVERY soldier in their low 20's I've talked to about games since I joined in 2013. The only people I've met that still like Halo are the lore nerds. The game is too hard for most people, and H5 did absolutely zero favors in that regard.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What is this hit registration oh my god. Are y'all having the same issues with half your bullets not registering unless you slow down your shot?

We don't play that shitty game anymore.  We just come to talk shit about it. 

We don't play that shitty game anymore. We just come to talk shit about it.

I'm close. So even the hardcore community is this dead? I noticed fewer posts, but...

I was only able to play the first few days after the heavy aim "fix", and thought it was incredible. But now it's just blank shots, which is way more frustrating to me, at least. Wth happened it seemed to be going smoothly.

Is halo officially dad?

Why did this get negged? He's absolutely right. That's my experience with just about EVERY soldier in their low 20's I've talked to about games since I joined in 2013. The only people I've met that still like Halo are the lore nerds. The game is too hard for most people, and H5 did absolutely zero favors in that regard.

I don't know why either. Hell I even had friends who I played Halo 2 and Halo 3 with for years FINALLY get Halo 5 a little under a year after it came out. The hardest thing for them was to get used to the various movements and abilities. They just weren't used to pressing a million buttons just to move around the map at a fast enough pace to help be in the right place at the right time, and those are people who have plenty of Halo experience. I tried teaching them bum jumps and stuff but they never really figured it out.

The average joe who barely plays any shooters? I can only imagine how they feel when they try to chain any movement together. Nobody is claiming this is the hardest game in the series competitively, but in terms of the skill floor, this halo game requires a lot more mechanical input for complete noobs compared to Halo CE. Get 4 noobs to sit down in Halo CE and none of them will time or know glitches, but the control scheme is very simple and they can just run around with little effort. In Halo 5, sure people can walk everywhere if they chose but it's not practical at all.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ripharambe whats ur quake account name lets play a duel, really shows how broken the abilities are

Hurr Durr I can't address any of your actual points so I'll resort to a dick measuring contest.

You sure about that?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/quake-champions-boss-confirms-you-can-play-without/1100-6442812/

Why did this get negged? He's absolutely right. That's my experience with just about EVERY soldier in their low 20's I've talked to about games since I joined in 2013. The only people I've met that still like Halo are the lore nerds. The game is too hard for most people, and H5 did absolutely zero favors in that regard.

I think it's an oversimplied explanation. And misses some Key points.

Perhaps 'easier' shooter are destined to be more popular than halo, but that doesn't explain halo being unpopular. The market is proven to be more than capable of sustaining both approaches to player skill.

Halo 3 was an example of continued growth of the franchise in the face of growing competition from "easier" franchises. Subsequently, easier franchises were outputting higher quality games, while halo's quality regressed.

Halo5's complexity certainly doesn't help it. But a game can be simple and difficult at the same time. That describes Halo:CE-3 in relation to other shooters of the time- which makes it attractive to players of all skill levels. Being complex and difficult limits the games potential. Being complex, difficult and low quality limits it's potential further.

The Main reason halo isn't popular is because the games haven't upheld a standard of quality. H4 was a game design travesty. MCC didn't work at all, and H5 had a terrible campaign, a terrible progression system, terrible bugs among other key issues. If gamers today are used to easy shooters, it's due in part because Halo stopped being a good example of a more nuanced shooter, and they had nothing else to play.

• Upvote (+1) 3