CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I can't believe I'm saying this but they actually made the maps too small. No seriously.

If you're going balls out and making a High Mobility Immersive Experience® type game, but you still want competitive settings, scale your maps properly. Sledgehammer did this with Advanced Warfare, and you know they did because the game plays like shit without Exo movement. The maps are too big and there are too many inaccessible route options to play it any other way. You need those movement options to get any sense of flow in the maps.

If 343 scaled the maps properly to the game they're trying to design, they would play a lot worse without the available movement options. Instead you can fucking jump from Red/Blue 2 to top mid on Truth or clamber up to top mid from bottom mid. What?

I've played 15-20 games now and map control is so much less important than it should be.

Batman is the GOAT

What an incredible listen, thanks for sharing that.

There is a way to make sprint work - speed up kill times even more until the game is basically CoD. If they are going to try and copy and paste elements from other franchises, they might as well go all in.

But whatever. Now I'm just 

qTHxOZx.gif

There is no point in commenting about Halo anymore. See you guys in OT. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/550871890755985408

I just wanted to stop by and say looks like well never get what we want guys. Sprint is never coming back, we should just give up now. If developers are going to be dismissive of problems existing in their games we should not continue to support the studio responsible for the game.

Yes he is right, some people can 'get away' from battles in Halo1/2/3 but it's nowhere near the same thing as getting away with SPRINT

This is getting ridiculous 

How about we set his Master Chief wheelchair panel to Yakety Sax instead.

I'd like to see a video in H1 that looks anything remotely close to that H5 video, and he can put w/e music he wants in it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's a sellout.

Neg me if you want.

I will do no such thing...

Nobody will say it, because they love to kiss his ass, but here it is:

Gandhi is a clown. He pretends to know everything with his self-assured, matter-of-fact attitude toward everything. Now, one could argue I (and many other people on these forums) are guilty of this too, but Gandhi is the absolute king when it comes to pretending to be the bottom-line expert when it comes to Halo.

And what's more: he's a hypocrite. I'm on my phone right now so I can't be arsed to search, but I promise you that I could find at least a half-dozen videos going back less than a year or two where he says, unequivocally, that sprint is bad and simply needs to go. Yet, here he is saying that anyone who even MENTIONS sprint needs to "get the fuck out" and "doesn't know what they're talking about".

I stopped giving a shit about anything he has to say a long time ago. Not to mention the fact that he made a video claiming to have come up with the idea of a contest for Forgers where the winning Forge map gets officially made by 343, when in actuality I tweeted that EXACT idea to 343 weeks before (not to mention the fact that I'm sure plenty of people have voiced the idea in other places plenty of times). Yet he made it a point in the video to praise himself as if he magically thought up the idea himself, claiming it to be "the best idea I've ever come up with/had" (I'm paraphrasing, obviously).

You can call me salty, but I had my reservations about him long before even that. And videos like the one you just posted have done nothing to change my opinion of him.

That is exactly what i thought about him when I saw this on Josh Holmes twitter profile. Looks like this guy is looking for a job at 343 this is sad.

(And I hate people filming themselves while driving, pure stupidity imo)

It's annoying that when I search alone I lose 90% one my games yet I get the Top Gun medal pretty much every game. So you'd think that I'd start getting paired with some better team mates. 

It's annoying that when I search alone I lose 90% one mu games yet I get the Top Gun medal pretty much every game. So you'd think that I'd start getting paired with some better team mates. 

Just listen to music while waiting.

I said this in the MCC thread on launch day, but the one and only benefit to Halo falling flat on its face is this place turning into a comedy goldmine.

Just listen to music while waiting.

A lot like Halo 1-3. Make it Four Non Blondes.

Dude honestly, I never know what the hell you're talking about. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like seriously

They made MCC so the Halo community could not bitch

But MCC is barely functional

Btw, he removed the tweet. Josh, the damage has already been done, UNLESS you come here  and post and defend yourself and why you chose to remove the tweet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing Rant

Bro I think we are all done. First that immersion post, now this? 343 are just digging the mass grave deeper and deeper, while the hardcore move on to actual good games that are genuinely supported the right way

Wish I had waiting now before buying my xbox.

Edit - best we can hope for now is that this game flops and Microsoft experiment with another development team.

I never know what the hell you're talking about. 

Halo's just depressing me to the point where I can't be clear and concise.

I'm going back to my PS3. This generation can bite it.

Nobody will say it, because they love to kiss his ass, but here it is:

Gandhi is a clown. He pretends to know everything with his self-assured, matter-of-fact attitude toward everything. Now, one could argue I (and many other people on these forums) are guilty of this too, but Gandhi is the absolute king when it comes to pretending to be the bottom-line expert when it comes to Halo.

And what's more: he's a hypocrite. I'm on my phone right now so I can't be arsed to search, but I promise you that I could find at least a half-dozen videos going back less than a year or two where he says, unequivocally, that sprint is bad and simply needs to go. Yet, here he is saying that anyone who even MENTIONS sprint needs to "get the fuck out" and "doesn't know what they're talking about".

I stopped giving a shit about anything he has to say a long time ago. Not to mention the fact that he made a video claiming to have come up with the idea of a contest for Forgers where the winning Forge map gets officially made by 343, when in actuality I tweeted that EXACT idea to 343 weeks before (not to mention the fact that I'm sure plenty of people have voiced the idea in other places plenty of times). Yet he made it a point in the video to praise himself as if he magically thought up the idea himself, claiming it to be "the best idea I've ever come up with/had" (I'm paraphrasing, obviously).

You can call me salty, but I had my reservations about him long before even that. And videos like the one you just posted have done nothing to change my opinion of him.

Salute. Every and anyone that is for sprint and other garbage mechanics and features need to be alienated from this community. We cannot let these cancerous and brainwashed "halo fans" continue to speak for us.

• Upvote (+1) 2