CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The really good conversation is going to be when Halo 6 is released on PC as well as Xbox. Where will the tournaments be run if any at all? 

Console, easily. Won't even need to be a conversation, honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Most pc games are designed to play on potato pcs that are less powerful then consoles anyways.

What's the point? To play maxed out games that are also on console?

Plus there are tons of console games that either never come to PC or end up being terrible ports.

What was the last awe inspiring AAA pc exclusive? Crysis? 10 years ago?

I'm definitely envious of the arena shooters available. Quake Champions, UT4, Reflex and Lawbreakers all look super fun and I REALLY wish I could play them on Xbox.

I'm definitely envious of the arena shooters available. Quake Champions, UT4, Reflex and Lawbreakers all look super fun and I REALLY wish I could play them on Xbox.

I think even before Lawbreakers had it's name I was following the studio. I asked if they had any plans to port the game to a console. If so I shamelessly asked if they needed any testers. They said their game was too hard to be played with a controller. I pretty much stopped following them and found out at E3 that it's coming out on PS4 lol. Wonder what was so hard about it that it was unplayable with a controller that all of a sudden changed. Out of all those games reflex I think interests me the most.

I think even before Lawbreakers had it's name I was following the studio. I asked if they had any plans to port the game to a console. If so I shamelessly asked if they needed any testers. They said their game was too hard to be played with a controller. I pretty much stopped following them and found out at E3 that it's coming out on PS4 lol. Wonder what was so hard about it that it was unplayable with a controller that all of a sudden changed. Out of all those games reflex I think interests me the most.

Good luck finding even 2 other people online on Reflex. I've played a fair bit of Lawbreakers however and that game is a lot of fun. I hope it is successful. 

Console, easily. Won't even need to be a conversation, honestly.

Well, I guess Halo will continue to have poor turnouts and interest in it's e-sports than.

If the game plays well on PC and is way more skillful than Halo 5 and not CoDified like H5 you bet your ass the competition will be on PC over Xbox. HUGE if. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Here's something I always wondered for the Halo crowd that wants the series to be moved from console to pc... I understand the positives of having it move to PC, but I was always curious and under the assumption that why would any competitive PC player decide to pick it up now that it was off the xbox? Wouldn't the majority stick with current competitive FPS titles rather than pick up one that is notoriously watered down from a PC players point of view?

Like how much would we benefit as a community? I could see various orgs and sponsors getting involved but how many console players actually make the transition just for one game? How many current PC players would give up their games to play Halo?

Well, I guess Halo will continue to have poor turnouts and interest in it's e-sports than.

If the game plays well on PC and is way more skillful than Halo 5 and not CoDified like H5 you bet your ass the competition will be on PC over Xbox. HUGE if. 

It's always going to be designed for console first. It will never take off on a competitive level - the focus will always be on the console. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully H6 PC port has a dedicated team of experienced PC devs, not just a forge team with an afterthought...  I honestly think the H6 PC port will be much higher quality than H5F and even if it is CoDified, I think PC will have a more competitive scene due to the nature of mouse and keyboard.  That is unless the aiming is still shizah like H5F.  In then end, I will probably just end up playing the campaign and the multiplayer for a small duration because the core mechanics are going to be H5 based witch kills any form of enthusiasm.  

Here's something I always wondered for the Halo crowd that wants the series to be moved from console to pc... I understand the positives of having it move to PC, but I was always curious and under the assumption that why would any competitive PC player decide to pick it up now that it was off the xbox? Wouldn't the majority stick with current competitive FPS titles rather than pick up one that is notoriously watered down from a PC players point of view?

Like how much would we benefit as a community? I could see various orgs and sponsors getting involved but how many console players actually make the transition just for one game? How many current PC players would give up their games to play Halo?

There are a lot of caveats in regards to it being popular on PC. Faster movement, no bullet mag, much better aiming, more fluid movement, better spectator mode, etc etc. 

If Halo 6 is like Halo 5.5 there is no way in hell the PC crowd will get into it competitively. They really better go all out if they want Halo 6 to be a success. We better have dev BTB maps with all the game modes at launch, proper firefight, revamped Warzone. I could go on and on all day on what Halo 6 needs lol. 

Good luck finding even 2 other people online on Reflex. I've played a fair bit of Lawbreakers however and that game is a lot of fun. I hope it is successful. 

Sad but true.  It is a fun game too.  Not sure if Reflex or the new free unreal is better. I know the new free unreal is more casual, but sure looks better and is more gruesome which makes me like it. 

Out of all those games reflex I think interests me the most.

Of course it would.

b5af27317ce7540340a56ce1d742bf64.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol

MS will pour the prize money into xbox. The comp scene will obviously stay where the money is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol

MS will pour the prize money into xbox. The comp scene will obviously stay where the money is.

I would think it would follow....... the competition. M+K will allow for more competitive play if the aiming isnt garbage.

There are a lot of caveats in regards to it being popular on PC. Faster movement, no bullet mag, much better aiming, more fluid movement, better spectator mode, etc etc.

If Halo 6 is like Halo 5.5 there is no way in hell the PC crowd will get into it competitively. They really better go all out if they want Halo 6 to be a success. We better have dev BTB maps with all the game modes at launch, proper firefight, revamped Warzone. I could go on and on all day on what Halo 6 needs lol.

You'd have to design it differently.A huge aspect of halo is that the power weapons are more difficult to use ex:sniper rifle has less aim assist and bullet magnetism than the the utility weapon.You'd have to replicate that on PC.

ex:sniper rifle has less aim assist and bullet magnetism than the the utility weapon.You'd have to replicate that on PC.

This is a laughable statement considering Halo 5 lolololollolololollololllollollolololololololololololololololololollolololololololollolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

I would think it would follow....... the competition. M+K will allow for more competitive play if the aiming isnt garbage.

The competition will never move though.

Lol

Who said the only tournaments would be MS funded? 

Yes, Halo could be a CoD situation where the comp scene remains on console but don't expect it to get much bigger than it is now if that's the case.

Edit: You don't think MS wants to get some of that PC audience?

csgomaj.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Of course it would.

b5af27317ce7540340a56ce1d742bf64.png

Well that's disappointing. Shadowrun is literally more alive than this game..

Lol Arena FPS is a dead genre, like RTS games we are a dying breed.

It's making a big comeback as of late but honestly Reflex is just too barebones with no marketing to get a big enough population to make it worth it. Lawbreakers/Quake Champions/Unreal have a much better chance of being big.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who said the only tournaments would be MS funded? 

Yes, Halo could be a CoD situation where the comp scene remains on console but don't expect it to get much bigger than it is now if that's the case.

Edit: You don't think MS wants to get some of that PC audience?

csgomaj.jpg

Do you really think a huge PC audience would actually care about Halo?

In it's current state? No fucking way, PC has way to many good games, both exclusive and multi-platform to care for Halo.

A perfect Halo would still have to compete with other extremely popular and well established PC games while a perfect Halo on XBO would be almost unrivaled. Plus moving to PC would mean losing all existing pro players

• Upvote (+1) 1

In it's current state? No fucking way, PC has way to many good games, both exclusive and multi-platform to care for Halo.

A perfect Halo would still have to compete with other extremely popular and well established PC games while a perfect Halo on XBO would be almost unrivaled. Plus moving to PC would mean losing all existing pro players

As I stated before, no, it has to have a bunch of changes for that to be the case. 

If the game was competitive? Then yes, it could do very well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea because Halo is doing SOOOOOO well on its exclusive console right? We are behind like 4 different CoDs and practically every other FPS on the Xbox.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It's making a big comeback as of late but honestly Reflex is just too barebones with no marketing to get a big enough population to make it worth it. Lawbreakers/Quake Champions/Unreal have a much better chance of being big.

I wouldn't call any game with cooldowns a comeback to arena shooters.