CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How does even that compare to console? Never played it but I know they're different but the goal is to make PC feel as close as it can right? Seems like a lot of work with how terrible the PC port is.

A lot of fun. But nothing beats the OG experience. If you are close to a server though (which I am), it can be better than mcc easily. I know that's not saying much.

How does even that compare to console? Never played it but I know they're different but the goal is to make PC feel as close as it can right? Seems like a lot of work with how terrible the PC port is.

Some games such as battlefield 3, if you want to spot someone with a controller, because the game didn't program a hold down 'select' function, it just brought up the scoreboard, so xpadder was required if you wanted to hold something down or idk.

Comparing a console to pc is is the same as comparing apples to oranges. They are designed for completely different usage environment. Lol.

They are leveraging nearly identical hardware and I am comparing exactly the same functionality: the ability to play video games. Their target audience doesn't turn them into completely different devices as if by magic. You can play a console at a desk or a PC on a couch. Your idiom doesn't apply at all.

A lot of fun. But nothing beats the OG experience. If you are close to a server though (which I am), it can be better than mcc easily. I know that's not saying much.

which game are you comparing to?

and you live in the US?

Haha yeah I guess that's not really saying too much. Have fun at the Almighty Shades LAN! Hope you guys stream.

Some games such as battlefield 3, if you want to spot someone with a controller, because the game didn't program a hold down 'select' function, it just brought up the scoreboard, so xpadder was required if you wanted to hold something down or idk.

I know a bit about xpadder but was more talking about the changes made to Halo CE PC. does something in xpadder allow for 360 degree analog stick movement or am I mistaken?

No i dont want to, did you seriously had to add a monitor to a pc build? do you plug your xbox HDMI cable up your stupid ass?

alright then, take it out.

You are it $600 still. And, I seriously don't understand the problem here, if a person, doesn't have a 4K monitor, and wants to experience 4K games to their full potential (as we are comparing to a xbox one x), then yes of course a 4K monitor is necessary.

PC gaming is more expensive, dude. See, you have to buy a 300 DOLLAR MONITOR! I guess TVs are free now. I was not aware. Ignore my previous posts, for I have been enlightened.

People already have TVs smartass. I didn't say they were free.

ignore this

People already have TVs smartass. I didn't say they were free.

But if you want to enjoy 4K gaming to its full potential then getting a 4K monitor is necessary 

I know a bit about xpadder but was more talking about the changes made to Halo CE PC. does something in xpadder allow for 360 degree analog stick movement or am I mistaken?

Well no, it recognized the controller moving in a 360 degree motion but only assigned it to the forward, left, right, backwards, and all the ones in the middle (diagonals )

Unless I'm missing out on something.

They are leveraging nearly identical hardware and I am comparing exactly the same functionality: the ability to play video games. Their target audience doesn't turn them into completely different devices as if by magic. You can play a console at a desk or a PC on a couch. Your idiom doesn't apply at all.

They have completely different native input devices. Input to a hardware device is THE most important thing that determines the targeted audience and environment.

So, they are not the same thing at all. Have fun with your keyboard and mouse sitting in a living room floor on the coffee table or on some awkward keyboard mouse couch tray.

I've done that and it's a pain in the ass. But guess what, a console, which is designed for that type of environment, is much more convenient. How dare someone want to buy a more powerful console.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well no, it recognized the controller moving in a 360 degree motion but only assigned it to the forward, left, right, backwards, and all the ones in the middle (diagonals )

Unless I'm missing out on something.

Nah I think you are right about that. I think I was mistaking a common complaint for a feature that exists if that makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha yeah I guess that's not really saying too much. Have fun at the Almighty Shades LAN! Hope you guys stream.

Yea it makes the analog sticks feel better. I'm pretty sure it interpolates the input or something like that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Buying windows in 2017, I mean to the common man, he would try to remain outside of the torrenting realm ygm

Also, I read up the BIOS issue, and your right, but you may need a different CPU for it to begin the update....

And you still need an adapter for wired or wireless networking.

And for a person to start from scratch, not torrent anything, buy EVERYTHING, including a monitor (although a console owner could just use his tv but whatever) if would cost you this

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Botheredhat360/saved/#view=ndBkLk

It would outmatch an xbox one quite nicely 

Try to reduce the price

And the one you listed, still costs above $500

EDIT: You can remove the 4GB ram sticks, going to 8GB ram dual channel.

so -$20

I've kept the GPU and CPU the same, just a different motherboard

Added a monitor

Added a wifi adapter

Added an OS

Added an optical drive (in case you dont want to install windows 7 through the motherboard bios) xbox one x has it, and we're competing here so just put it in.

Added a 4K monitor at 60Hz

Got a cheaper chassis (I think)

Dude you're not even trying to hide it at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude you're not even trying to hide it at this point.

seriously correct me, I'm not very knowledgeable about this, tell me what I'm doing wrong......

But whatever you do, the monitor matters.

Yea it makes the analog sticks feel better. I'm pretty sure it interpolates the input or something like that.

when?

I don't remember there being 360 degree movement

They have completely different native input devices. Input to a hardware device is THE most important thing that determines the targeted audience and environment.

So, they are not the same thing at all. Have fun with your keyboard and mouse sitting in a living room floor on the coffee table or on some awkward keyboard mouse couch tray.

I've done that and it's a pain in the ass. But guess what, a console, which is designed for that type of environment, is much more convenient. How dare someone want to buy a more powerful console.

Controllers are literally plug and play on PC. The difference is that you DON'T have the option of keyboard and mouse, without something like a XIM, on console. The real difference here is that a PC is fully capable of functioning almost exactly like a console, while the reverse is not true. Stop getting so turnt up about this, dude. Relax.

• Upvote (+1) 3

PS4 has still a very impressive playerbase, more people playing battlefield  4 and 1 on the ps4 than xbox or pc.

Playstation won't die in a long time, they are still living off playstation 2's success, that console sold so well, not even the ps3 sold badly because of it (i mean $800 for a 80GB version at launch lolwut).

Playstation can live up to playstation 6 before they recognize its time.

Sony was losing money with the PS3. They sold the console for $600 when it cost them $800 to produce them.

Controllers are literally plug and play on PC. The difference is that you DON'T have the option of keyboard and mouse, without something like a XIM, on console. The real difference here is that a PC is fully capable of functioning almost exactly like a console, while the reverse is not true. Stop getting so turnt up about this, dude. Relax.

well what do you want then...

pc is the best, you win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Xbox One X: $500

Elite Controller: $150

Charging Stand: $55

Live Gold: $60/12-Month

4 Games: $240

4k TV from Walmart: $600

Turtle Beach - Elite Pro: $200

Total: $1,805

Damn console gaming is expensive.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

when?

I don't remember there being 360 degree movement

I don't think it is pure 360. It's interpolated to up down left right and diagonals. It was significantly better with xpadder running though than just letting the game use the joypad raw inputs from the OS.

The fact of the matter is, after all this arguing, every single legit study done on this subject shows that PC gaming IS cheaper by a wide margin in the long run. There might be a bigger up front cost because you want to get the best you can afford right away because it's more economical that way. Not even to mention that the PC can do infinitely more than a console can. Multiple screens, >60fps, ultrawide, 4k+, dual boot, etc etc etc. 

Consoles exist because some people just want to buy a box, plug it into their tv, and play a game. Even though with every new console that is becoming more and more rare, they all require a setup phase, tons of updates to download, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elite Controller: $150

Charging Stand: $55

4k TV from Walmart: $600

Turtle Beach - Elite Pro: $200

Total: $1,805

Damn console gaming is expensive.  :kappa:

It's more like

Which totals up to $800

no ones gonna buy an elite controller or a charging stand, they'll just use what they got from the box, which includes a cable (i think).