CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't even understand the point of this. How big is the group of people who both still give a shit about Halo 5 and haven't unlocked everything already? It can't be that large.

Not to mention how dumb looking most of the Armor pieces are. Customization has really taken a step backwards from Reach IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I believe the Platinum packs are aimed at people who have already unlocked 90% of items, and are looking to stock up on the REQs themselves. So you don't have to open 10 billion golds for a Mythic REQ weapon.

Not saying that makes them any better, but just how I interpreted their release.

So about these packs. Here is another analysis that demostrates how scummy 343 is:

Of course these new packs are another scam. 343 is milking every single penny out of H5 while the servers get worse by the day and MCC is still broken. Then add on top the literal P2W packs like the Spartan Recruit Pack or whatever it's called that instantly unlocks the DMR, Scorpion and Pistol, or the 10x Prophets Bane packs. Or the Halo Wars 2 DLC that isn't even part of the season pass. They are up there with EA at this point with how disgusting they treat their customers.

Great video - happy someone made it.

Correction:

The seemingly offed their main villain in Halo 4, then suddenly in a completely bizarre twist of writing they revived him in a comic then killed him off again in the same comic except there's still the chance he's actually not dead but rather "contained" so wtf?

Correction: They didn't off him in Halo 4. The circumstance kinda outright showed they didn't. But then Brian Reed was like "Hey, what if we killed him for realzies? Yunno, kill him and the other main, named villain. And then let's bitch and come up with a shitty justification to bring Cortana back, because we didn't have too many named villains in the universe. BECAUSE WE FUCKEN KILLED THEM ALL." 

1.) Kill your newly introduced characters in insulting fashions, and super early on in the trilogy

2.) Bring Cortana back, someone who everyone could agree should've stayed dead.

3.) ???

4.) Profi- Oh, wait, Halo's fucking dead, now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not to mention how dumb looking most of the Armor pieces are. Customization has really taken a step backwards from Reach IMO. 

From 4*. To be absolutely fair, while Halo 4's armor was questionable in aesthetic for many pieces, the actual methods for customization were better than Reach's. Actually properly adding onto what it built. Full leg and wrist armor customization over just one wrist and kneepads. Well, bar armor effects and voices. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know if I'd say the unlock system was better than Reach's, but it was well designed for the most part.  I did like how once you hit SR50 you were free to choose which armor to pursue.  Imagine if instead of this shitty REQ system I could choose to grind toward Mark IV instead.

The armor itself was still almost entirely dogshit though.  Having less options for pieces to customize isn't something I'd consider an upside either.

From 4*. To be absolutely fair, while Halo 4's armor was questionable in aesthetic for many pieces, the actual methods for customization were better than Reach's. Actually properly adding onto what it built. Full leg and wrist armor customization over just one wrist and kneepads. Well, bar armor effects and voices. 

I just liked the look of the Reach's Spartans way more than Halo 4. I played a shit ton more Reach than 4 too so that I'm sure does way in. 

I mean, come on:

kpjuN5U.jpg

vs

Qqtp7Cf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just liked the look of the Reach's Spartans way more than Halo 4. I played a shit ton more Reach than 4 too so that I'm sure does way in. 

I mean, come on:

kpjuN5U.jpg

vs

Qqtp7Cf.jpg

Updated H3 style with hybrid gameplay of the best aspect across CE-3 or bust.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Of course it's September. Just in time for that Halo 3 anniversary, my dude.

Just in time to miss the last opening they had to draw people back before all the fall game hit.

I mean, come on:

Eh, the best combination of armor I could want in Halo 4 beat out the best of what I could want in Halo: Reach. I just outright hated some Reach design choices. Like the rounded legs, or how armor was just grimy around the arms and legs, which kinda killed the darker colors of purple I used, or any dark colors I'd want. Honestly, same for how the armor was applied to you. I didn't like how everything was just sorta "tacked on" to a base Mark V set. I liked how certain Halos, like H2A and H4 had each armor piece be different in how it was put onto your body. This mainly pertains to the chest area, mind you, but it did bother me, a lot.

I dunno, I had my gripes with both sides of the coin and enjoyed both to an extent, but ultimately, how I could shape my character in Halo 4 was just better to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@xSociety, you might feel differently if they hadn't decided to go with Pink vs Baby Blue for the team colors. The spartans themselves looked pretty cool to me, but those colors are dumb as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jump on the cod train toot toot

CoD WWII is so good, it even features BLACK FEMALE GERMAN SOLDIERS.

Finally giving the Third Reich the recognition they deserve, instead of the medias fake news that slander them as racists and genocidal monsters.

Those Nazi's were so forward thinking for their time, they didn't see skin colour, religion, or gender, everyone was a human being in the eyes of Hitler, and everyone deserved equal rights.

He even sent  the Jewish people etc to a  free camp he loved them so much.

• Upvote (+1) 8

CoD WWII is so good, it even features BLACK FEMALE GERMAN SOLDIERS.

Finally giving the Third Reich the recognition they deserve, instead of the medias fake news that slander them as racists and genocidal.

Those Nazi's were so forward thinking for their time, they didn't see skin colour, religion, or gender, everyone was a human being in the eyes of Hitler, and everyone deserved equal rights.

of all the factions to be diversified, it's the one that literally was against diversity.

I guess in the end that's the best way we can mock them...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The "feeling" is probably the la k of AR. Close range fights with magnums can get a litle crazy.

I don't use AR, rather die by the sword then live like a coward.

I actually think my Halo is broken then because the aiming on the HCS feels a hell of a lot different to everthing else.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't use AR, rather die by the sword then live like a coward.

I actually think my Halo is broken then because the aiming on the HCS feels a hell of a lot different to everthing else.

I've always thought that too and just attributed it to not being able to yy and I was freaking out

is it ok if i say the AR is one of my favorite halo weapons?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes

If it's not, I'll go down with you. It's my favorite too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the best-looking. It doesn't fit with the aesthetics of any Halo game, even CE really, and it sort of stands out counterintuitively. Also, I loved burst firing it in Halo 4, although it's terrible for non-casual gameplay.

It's the best-looking. It doesn't fit with the aesthetics of any Halo game, even CE really, and it sort of stands out counterintuitively. Also, I loved burst firing it in Halo 4, although it's terrible for non-casual gameplay.

really? Id argue it fits right in. It shares that "based on modern weapons but given a kind of retro futuristic twist" thing most of the weapons have.
  • Upvote (+1) 7