CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You just exactly described Halo 1 and 2's Aiming. Try the fuck again. Halo 3/4/R's diagonal acceleration was on point

0/10 trolling attempt. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

halo wars 2 was such a waste of time/resources and not only that but the game is incredibly shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

At least one of the games shown their could make it big, obvs not all games will be good, but there is a good chance for 1 out of 44 games to make it big.

I can see the pirate game becoming big with the minecraft demographic, Anthem looks like EA's version of Destiny (plus i didn't like all this pseudo badass flying around, didn't like it with Halo 5, won't like it with Athem, It does look amazing though, both in terms of artstyle and pure graphic!) and Metro is the 3rd installment of it's series, a solid game, I'm sure, but it won't really stand out so what game has the potential to make it big? I wish MS would just come up with a new hardcore AAA shooter following the "classic" videogame formula (offline single player/maybe with non obligatory Co-Op and a classic, small-scale competitive PvP)

They claimed they had a vision because H5 is the base for future games according to Frankie.  So I'd think they would have a vision for the game.

@@Moa I guess, but it could've just been a CGI trailer like they did for H5 when MCC was announced. It's just strange there wasn't even a teaser for anything. At all.

343 has, does and will claim a lot of things...

Wasn't frankies comment from before they exchanged several head developers? I wouldn't be surprised if they scratched everything they had up until then...

halo wars 2 was such a waste of time/resources and not only that but the game is incredibly shit. 

Luckily it wasn't 343i who spent time and resources on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lord Aris spitting truth, and saying what I've been saying for years now. I know he's talking about Marvel, but what he's saying is 100% applicable to the state of Halo (and a lot of other games) and the community right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151656689

All the "Halo" 5 shils and 343 dicksuckers can learn a thing or too from him. Oh, and also all the people saying to "support our President no matter what". Please. I can't wait for everyone to be saying the exact same thing again when Halo 6 is finally revealed and it's a shitty microtransaction-infested hero shooter. Stop willingly eating shit and speak up. Not just verbally, but with your wallet.

EDIT: Here's the YT upload:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can see the pirate game becoming big with the minecraft demographic, Anthem looks like EA's version of Destiny (plus i didn't like all this pseudo badass flying around, didn't like it with Halo 5, won't like it with Athem, It does look amazing though, both in terms of artstyle and pure graphic!) and Metro is the 3rd installment of it's series, a solid game, I'm sure, but it won't really stand out so what game has the potential to make it big? I wish MS would just come up with a new hardcore AAA shooter following the "classic" videogame formula (offline single player/maybe with non obligatory Co-Op and a classic, small-scale competitive PvP)

343 has, does and will claim a lot of things...

Wasn't frankies comment from before they exchanged several head developers? I wouldn't be surprised if they scratched everything they had up until then...

It would be easier to just make a new IP that tries to be the fad of the day chaser and let Halo be Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man i just started playing gears, crazy how fun it is compared to Halo 5

As a long time Gears player, I must say Gears 4 is a pathetic attempt at continuing the series, much like 343's. While the general gameplay and weapons are faithful, many things in the game are shit.

Campaign is lack luster and has terrible characters with terrible writing for anyone who is not Marcus. Pacing is off in the first half, might as well be non existent.

Multiplayer is an unbalanced shithole because the Coalition refuses to listen to their fans and further divides the community by utilizing two different weapon tunings. Constant netcode issues resulting in Gears 2 levels of BS even though it is running on dedicated servers.

Microtranscations up the ass with duplicate items and millions of skins which all cost a fortune as the credit payout in the game is laughable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I had to pick a franchise with the closest relationship to Halo's gameplay (on console), it would have to be Republic Commando. Imagining a true sequel to that game with improvements to its sandbox... uhhhhhh...

If I had to pick a franchise with the closest relationship to Halo's gameplay (on console), it would have to be Republic Commando. Imagining a true sequel to that game with improvements to its sandbox... uhhhhhh...

Stop, you're going to make me sad it won't happen all over again.

Hey, that new flood DLC for Halo Wars 2 comes out this year.

BUT ITS NOT PART OF THE SEASON PASS. 

ADDING PAID DLC DURING THE SEASON'S PASSES RUN.

IN A GAME WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS.

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT.

YOU CANNOT DEFEND THIS.

Wow, what a special announcement.

"fuck you give us money"

The same company that released Halo MCC then swept it under the rug when it didn't work, now thinks they are able to get away with adding separate paid dlc to a game with a season pass that hasn't even delivered all its content.

Get. Fucked.

Thank fuck I got my HW2:UE for free while I was at the MS HQ in NZ. Sucks to be anyone else who bought it though.

Still waiting for a better deal. The offer that they had before wasn't even worth the money. Maybe Black Friday.

DAMMIT IT'S BEEN SO LONG, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BOY SEV.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a long time Gears player, I must say Gears 4 is a pathetic attempt at continuing the series, much like 343's. While the general gameplay and weapons are faithful, many things in the game are shit.

Campaign is lack luster and has terrible characters with terrible writing for anyone who is not Marcus. Pacing is off in the first half, might as well be non existent.

Multiplayer is an unbalanced shithole because the Coalition refuses to listen to their fans and further divides the community by utilizing two different weapon tunings. Constant netcode issues resulting in Gears 2 levels of BS even though it is running on dedicated servers.

Microtranscations up the ass with duplicate items and millions of skins which all cost a fortune as the credit payout in the game is laughable.

Yeah the credit system in the game isnt great. At least in halo 5 they give you a decent amount of REQ Credits? Forget what they are called.

And yeah i heard the gnasher is different in social and the competitive playlists

Yeah the credit system in the game isnt great. At least in halo 5 they give you a decent amount of REQ Credits? Forget what they are called.

And yeah i heard the gnasher is different in social and the competitive playlists

Yeah on paper it's a small nerf to the gnasher but in practice it feels really really weak. It's possible I just suck but in core settings I can 1 shot with some consistency. In Comp im shooting people like 4 times and get nothing.

I'd take the gears microtransactions over H5's every day, at least I don't have to fully rely on luck, I can simply scrap ugly/duplicate/useless stuff and save up for the stuff I really want, it's not perfect but I expect to see microtransactions in the future as well so they better give me some controll over what I unlock.

What didn't you like about the campaign? I thought it was the good way to restart the series, my only real complain is that too many enemies are just dull bullet sponges...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Raycevicks preview on upcoming arena FPS. Could be good substitutes for halo since we wont be getting anything halo related for a while. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most loadout/base weapons are differently tuned in core and competitive. Different damages, stopping power, accuracy, etc...

I'd take the gears microtransactions over H5's every day, at least I don't have to fully rely on luck, I can simply scrap ugly/duplicate/useless stuff and save up for the stuff I really want, it's not perfect but I expect to see microtransactions in the future as well so they better give me some controll over what I unlock.

What didn't you like about the campaign? I thought it was the good way to restart the series, my only real complain is that too many enemies are just dull bullet sponges...

I don't like their micro transactions because so much of it is once again, ugly useless shit like in H5. Their special limited edition packs that appear every so often are purely RNG (at least used to be) and offer no way to craft the characters. Some people buy 1 pack and get it on their first try, others need to buy over 20. 

Plot wise, the campaign is okay, but I wish it was explained more in depth in regards to the Scions and as to how the Swarm evolved. I suppose that will be revealed in the next game.

My main gripe are the characters; JD, Kate, and Del are god awful and have terrible dialogue and line delivery. They don't fit the atmosphere at all. If I could choose, I would much rather have the game take place 10 years after Gears 3, but with the original cast. 

You just exactly described Halo 1 and 2's Aiming. Try the fuck again. Halo 3/4/R's diagonal acceleration was on point

You're lucky I mistakenly +reped Reach Kid

Raycevicks preview on upcoming arena FPS. Could be good substitutes for halo since we wont be getting anything halo related for a while. 

I don't know how Halo on PC plays so the following is mostly guesswork.

Since Halo is going to be mainly mouse-and-keyboard-based in a few years, it's very likely that someone at 343 is considering adding true arena elements. In its current state, I'd be willing to try out a slightly higher-speed classic Halo with 3sk CE pistols. It would satisfy H5 fans for obvious reasons. Given that everything else works it would satisfy competitive fans despite huge initial protest. 343 needs to be given a legitimate avenue for change, otherwise they'll eventually fuck up at some point.

Anthem is more a multiplayer Mass Effect (its developers are those who made the original Mass Effect Trilogy not the new Andromeda)

Metro is a solid series thus far

Crackdown 3 is a highly anticipated sequel

I've seen varying interest in the Dragon Ball Z ripoff of MvC (those transitions though)

Life is Strange has a pretty good cult following

Shadow of Mordor is another anticipated sequel

Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a sequel to one of the best metroidvanias in years

State of Decay was a very solid game

Forza has made a very good name for itself in the racing community

Cuphead

I'd say there is a pretty good chance most of these games are met with a good reception critically. However as far as FPS games go, Player Unknown's Battleground is really the only thing that was mentioned. If it ends up anything like Counter Strike it'll die pretty quickly.

Playing solo on HCS is the most painful thing I have ever done while gaming.

The trick is to play on an alt and play to do crazy stuff. When I play on my alt I challenge a lot more, try harder jumps, etc.